EXCLUSIVE: Evidence Shows Director General Of WHO Overstated The Fatality Rate Of The Coronavirus

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"In summary, President Trump was right when he said the WHO’s coronavirus fatality rate was much too high.

Evidence proves the coronavirus is not as deadly as what was reported by the WHO and is continually repeated in the media.

In fact, current data shows it is not as deadly as the flu. The elderly and the sick should be concerned and protected. Everyone else has little to worry about.

Again, don’t believe what the media is telling you. They are lying again."

Rest of article at link:
EXCLUSIVE: Evidence Shows Director General of World Health Organization Severely Overstated the Fatality Rate of the Coronavirus Leading to the Greatest Global Panic in History

Kram

But isn't it much more contagious than the flu (just guessing since I have seen they expect 40-70% of people to get covid-19 in the U.S.) which could be 150+ million people in the U.S. alone. Sick people go to the ER/hospital (regardless whether should be or not) which is going put tremendous strain on the hospital/healthcare system and lead to all sorts of problems. The main issue at hand appears to be controlling the spread of it over time, not necessarily the mortality rate (although this is obviously critical as well).

tankasnowgod

But isn't it much more contagious than the flu (just guessing since I have seen they expect 40-70% of people to get covid-19 in the U.S.) which could be 150+ million people in the U.S. alone. Sick people go to the ER/hospital (regardless whether should be or not) which is going put tremendous strain on the hospital/healthcare system and lead to all sorts of problems. The main issue at hand appears to be controlling the spread of it over time, not necessarily the mortality rate (although this is obviously critical as well).

Don't know what that prediction is based on, but the 40-70% prediction is insane. It probably won't be based on "testing" since I doubt even 40 million people will bother with that test. Even in Wuhan, the epicenter, the temporary hospitals have been removed, because new cases have slowed, and the vast majority have recovered. The idea that it will put "tremendous strain" on the healthcare system isn't too likely. There might be a few cities that have issues in a few area for week or so (as frequently happens), but nothing staggering, certainly not hundreds of thousands in hospitals all around the country.

This just appears to be another over hyped fake pandemic.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Plus I'm wondering how many of the pneumonia deaths are really influenza + underlying condition such as "ordinary" coronavirus. If like me you've had a bad cold in late 2019 that took several weeks to get over, what exactly was it?

Kram

Don't know what that prediction is based on, but the 40-70% prediction is insane. It probably won't be based on "testing" since I doubt even 40 million people will bother with that test. Even in Wuhan, the epicenter, the temporary hospitals have been removed, because new cases have slowed, and the vast majority have recovered. The idea that it will put "tremendous strain" on the healthcare system isn't too likely. There might be a few cities that have issues in a few area for week or so (as frequently happens), but nothing staggering, certainly not hundreds of thousands in hospitals all around the country.

This just appears to be another over hyped fake pandemic.

New cases have slowed because the city has been on lockdown. And if this spreads among the elderly too quickly, many would require hospitalization (guessing) which would strain the healthcare system.

Giraffe

But isn't it much more contagious than the flu (just guessing since I have seen they expect 40-70% of people to get covid-19 in the U.S.)
Don't know what that prediction is based on, but the 40-70% prediction is insane.
The basic reproduction number R0 is a mathematical model (with lots of assumptions) used in epidemiology. For CoV-2 the R0 is estimated to be around 3. This means that when two out of three (67 %) have become immune (thanks to prior infection) the infection stops to spread. - This is what is communicated here in Germany.

tankasnowgod

New cases have slowed because the city has been on lockdown. .

That's quite an assumption. Especially seeing as all diseases, both infectious and noninfectious, slow down in spring and summer months, lockdown or not. A lockdown likely did nothing, as most Chinese patients were diagnosed by CT Scan, which can detect pneumonia, but didn't even check for the presence of any virus, let alone COVID 19.

yerrag

The basic reproduction number R0 is a mathematical model (with lots of assumptions) used in epidemiology. For CoV-2 the R0 is estimated to be around 3. This means that when two out of three (67 %) have become immune (thanks to prior infection) the infection stops to spread. - This is what is communicated here in Germany.
CoV-2, is this same as CoV-19?

tara

Early information about fatality rates is necessarily imperfect, because data is limited. Data is still limited, so they still don't know the real fatality rate.

Uncertainty is because:
- limited testing means we don't know how many people have been infected but had little or no symptoms. The case fatality rate is based on identified cases. It may turn out to be higher than the actual fatality rate.
- it is still spreading fast, and of the current cases, we don't know how many will survive. The case fatality rate may increase as currently ill people die, or if treatment conditions worsen.
- conditions, methods and availability of treatment vary from country to country etc

It doesn't mean people reporting case fatality rates were lying, just that not everyone understood what they meant. Anyone who claims they know the long term real fatality rate ahead of time with certainty is being unrealistic at best.

Kram

That's quite an assumption. Especially seeing as all diseases, both infectious and noninfectious, slow down in spring and summer months, lockdown or not. A lockdown likely did nothing, as most Chinese patients were diagnosed by CT Scan, which can detect pneumonia, but didn't even check for the presence of any virus, let alone COVID 19.
Quite an assumption? Seems like common sense to me and not sure how you could argue that limiting human to human contact would limit transmission? But good day

tankasnowgod

Quite an assumption? Seems like common sense to me and not sure how you could argue that limiting human to human contact would limit transmission? But good day

Well, because it's never been done before to this degree in history, and yet you see the same patterns every spring and summer in every disease, as I mentioned. Also, considering the fact that, in China, they weren't even looking for any virus, simply diagnosing pneumonia with a CT Scan, and labeling them "COVID-19." Pneumonia can have all sorts of causes, both viral and non-viral. It also seems like common sense that you would need to establish the presence of a virus in a person before you could diagnose them with that virus. So good day to you as well.

Tarmander

Plus I'm wondering how many of the pneumonia deaths are really influenza + underlying condition such as "ordinary" coronavirus. If like me you've had a bad cold in late 2019 that took several weeks to get over, what exactly was it?
Bingo

If it spreads as easily as it seems, I bet we have been dealing with it in pockets awhile now

tankasnowgod

Bingo

If it spreads as easily as it seems, I bet we have been dealing with it in pockets awhile now

I think you just have to look at the Diamond Princess. Those people were kidnapped and held hostage under the false idea of "quarantine," and locked into their rooms 22-23 hours a day. That was a perfect viral incubator, and even then, they could only manage a 0.5% death rate, and infect 712 people of 3500.

yerrag

Bingo

It's common to list pneumonia as cause of death even if it's not flu-related. Nor even respiratory-related.

It's the medical way of saying "End of story, moving on to the next victim."

yerrag

Yes. I mean SARS-CoV-2 (formerly known as 2019-nCoV). The disease is Covid-19.
Thanks. Just making sure if I have updated to the latest and greatest version.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Well, because it's never been done before to this degree in history, and yet you see the same patterns every spring and summer in every disease, as I mentioned. Also, considering the fact that, in China, they weren't even looking for any virus, simply diagnosing pneumonia with a CT Scan, and labeling them "COVID-19." Pneumonia can have all sorts of causes, both viral and non-viral. It also seems like common sense that you would need to establish the presence of a virus in a person before you could diagnose them with that virus. So good day to you as well.

Well we now have other fears looming. Economic collapse, global depression, erosion of personal freedoms in the name of “safety”, to name a few. Wasn’t the Patriot Act supposed to be temporary? We have half the population pleading with the government to lock us up in our homes. For how long? No one seems to care. I am genuinely more concerned about projections of 20% unemployment, swathes of airlines bankrupt, one hundred thousand jobs lost in only a few weeks. The cautionary principle in the form of extreme isolation measures may have costs extending many years into the future, the scale of which we have no idea, and against a virus which may not warrant it, save for the screeching media who, make no mistake, are one of the few groups benefiting from the panic.

yerrag

The cautionary principle in the form of extreme isolation measures may have costs extending many years into the future, the scale of which we have no idea, and against a virus which may not warrant it, save for the screeching media who, make no mistake, are one of the few groups benefiting from the panic.
Or it's a good time to have a real vacation in your own home. It can be stress-free. May also find the time to clear the garage or get the things you piled up in the garage primed and ready to live the life you want to live. Minus the distraction of being a couch potato watching sports all day.

boris

Whole EU is closed up as of now. Nobody is allowed in. People landing in airports who are non EU citizens are not let in.

Comment section of german news channels is concerning. People are begging for the government to impose a ban on going out of the house and punish people who still do it. Ridiculous.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals