Modern Science Is A Sham (more Often Than Not)

noqcks

I discovered a great YouTube video reviewing some of the problems with modern science.

Replicability crisis, vested corporate interests and perverse incentive structures, salami-slicing data (p-hacking)

He says modern medical science is finance-based medicine rather than evidence-based medicine. Love that term.

I also found out that the speaker was highly critical of the Coronavirus response and got huge pushback from fellow scientists on his views.

"In mid-March, the Stanford University scientist John Ioannidis wrote a short, viral essay for STAT arguing that the global response to the Covid-19 pandemic could be “a once-in-a-century evidence fiasco.” Without more data about the virus’s spread, Ioannidis, a professor of medicine, epidemiology, and population health, argued, the lockdowns in place in much of the world may not be justified. Covid-19 infections could be more widespread, and less lethal, than many experts feared."

"Well, let's go back and check the exact announcement. [Note: The WHO announcement in question, from early March, specifies that “3.4 percent of reported cases have died.”] That was at the time when WHO had sent an envoy to China. And [the WHO envoy] came back and he said there's no asymptomatic cases. Just go back and see what the statement was. He said there's hardly any asymptomatic cases, it's very serious and has a case fatality of 3.4 percent.

Of course, that [fatality rate] was gradually dialed back to 1 percent or 0.9 percent. And these are the numbers that went into calculations, and these are the numbers that are still in many of the calculations, you know, until very recently.

You know, 1 percent is, is probably like the disaster case, maybe in some places in Queens, for example, it may be 1 percent, because you have all that perfect storm of nursing homes, and nosocomial infection [an infection that originates in a hospital], and no hospital system functioning. In many other places, it's much, much lower."

John Ioannidis Responds to Critics of His Study Finding That the Coronavirus Is Not as Deadly as Thought | RealClearScience

My Notes from the video:
  • Of 1394 systematic reviews published in the Cochrane database from Jan 2013 to June 2014, only 25 had both a significant result and a favorable interpretation of the medical intervention. Most papers have no evidence or weak evidence according to the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and the GRADE system.
  • Of papers that have reached 1,000 citations, are well known in industry and have had support in policy and practice, about 40% of the time subsequent studies that are better controlled and with larger sample sizes come to prove the original paper was not significant.
  • Clinical trials are often just auto-loops of corporate interest. The lines between corporations in the image below shows when they have both funded a single study (i.e comparing drugs). Industry does not want to compare their drugs.
    RNpT0Hz.png
  • Meta-analyses including an author who were employees of the manufacturer of the assessed drug were 22-times less likely to have negative statements about the drug vs other meta-analyses.

Drareg

This is the real humanitarian crisis that the current manic SSRI fueled hysterics on the streets don’t get, you can’t even breach their faith in the medical establishment throughout this crisis in the peaty sense, it’s interesting to note the reactions of the public under stress during this, they went straight to trust authority mode in spite of the glaringly obvious statistical anomalies and logic jumps, these anomalies are even worse now and yet most people choose to play along , they only know how to deal with this crisis from memory, the memory’s of a crisis of this nature comes from movies and sitcoms.
It’s basically a cover for the financial system and the ongoing loss of jobs.

Economies require a decent level of coherent biological energy , the way we are going even with an abundance of humans for work people won’t be able to function in simple jobs in the psychological sense, attention span issues, rage issues, depression etc The elites don’t see this coming because of their own blind faith in the medical establishment, many of them are popping the big pharma pills also.

Death rates are currently being revised down as death certificates are registered , many governments are using subtle un-hyped press releases , they got what they wanted which was the daily drama of how many died, like a league table for sports, now with covid19 on the rise again we don’t have deaths correlating with numbers like the past few months as it stands, do the public see the issue here? ,no they don’t they just play along again.
As Ioannidis implies this saga is being fully documented which is a good thing, if we didn’t have the internet they would be home free with this scandal.

Nokoni

Not even trying: the corruption of real science

Not specifically medical, but it provides you a good picture of the state of science as a whole.
Thanks for that. Only 1/4 through, at the start of the peer review section, which I look forward to continuing. Long thought peer review was a huge part of the problem.

Gerald Pollack is an actual great scientist (and a great writer too – check out "Fourth Phase of Water"), and I've read other stuff he's written and lots of videos of presentations and so forth. Listening to him muse about his experience with science has been very enlightening. In his original specialty (what makes muscles work? I forget.), his results showed that the great men of the field had gotten it wrong. He thought himself unlucky for having picked a specialty that had a thoroughly rotten foundation. But as his career progressed and he moved from thing to thing he eventually realized that all scientific fields had rotten foundations. Pollack is an awesome individual.

Anyhow, thanks again for that link. I look forward to continuing. Very interesting, he certainly seems to know what he's talking about, and to top it off, he's funny :) Good stuff.

Geronimo

This video (by James Corbett, a true hero of mankind) gives a basic outline of how our medical system was captured by John D. Rockefeller. Also, Pollack is amazing. He runs with Electric Universe/Thunderbolts Project, which makes a million times more sense than the current "scientific authority" of astrophysics.

Geronimo

Wal Thornhill is a personal idol of mine. We should ask him how he keeps his androgens up, because dude has some grapefruits lol. He always confronts specific people on their shamefully poor scientific thought processes and shoves it right in people's faces. I love it.

Lollipop2

Wal Thornhill is a personal idol of mine. We should ask him how he keeps his androgens up, because dude has some grapefruits lol. He always confronts specific people on their shamefully poor scientific thought processes and shoves it right in people's faces. I love it.
LoL...he is awesome! I highly recommend reading that link! It is seriously the BEST write up about EU I have read.

SSP

I believe that basics of medical sciences will be newly established in the near future by real scientists such as Dr. Peat and his followers.

Beatrix_

Public Health Nutr. 2022 Oct 24;25(12):1-15. doi: 10.1017/S1368980022001835. Online ahead of print.

The corporate capture of the nutrition profession in the USA: the case of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics

Abstract

Objective: The involvement of unhealthy commodity corporations in health policy and research has been identified as an important commercial determinant contributing to the rise of non-communicable diseases. In the USA, health professional associations have been subject to corporate influence. This study explores the interactions between corporations and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), and their implications for the profession in the USA and globally.

Design: We conducted an inductive analysis of documents (2014-2020) obtained through freedom of information requests, to assess key AND actors' dealings with food, pharmaceutical and agribusiness corporations. We also triangulated this information with publicly available data.

Setting: The USA.

Participants: Not applicable.

Results: The AND, AND Foundation (ANDF) and its key leaders have ongoing interactions with corporations. These include AND's leaders holding key positions in multinational food, pharmaceutical or agribusiness corporations, and AND accepting corporate financial contributions. We found the AND has invested funds in corporations such as Nestlé, PepsiCo and pharmaceutical companies, has discussed internal policies to fit industry needs and has had public positions favouring corporations.

Conclusion: The documents reveal a symbiotic relationship between the AND, its Foundation and corporations. Corporations assist the AND and ANDF with financial contributions. AND acts as a pro-industry voice in some policy venues, and with public positions that clash with AND's mission to improve health globally.

Keywords: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; Corporate influence; Health policy; Nutrition profession.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals