Estrogen Darkens Skin Color, Progesterone Lightens It

dq139

I do notice that people from hotter climates and darker skin tend to be more loud and aggressive. Even with Caucasians like sicilians Greeks Turks Lebanese Persians ect. Look more masculine and r more aggressive than lets say a German or Dutch or british person..

I always thought that vitamin D from the sun lowers estrogen. That's y people from the tropics are more lean and have better skin and hairlines usually than people who like in cloudy cold climates.

Lyall

So how does one square this with the idea one needs to get more sunlight? Could one interpret this as not to get so much that a change in pigmentation occurs?

Lolinaa

I do notice that people from hotter climates and darker skin tend to be more loud and aggressive. Even with Caucasians like sicilians Greeks Turks Lebanese Persians ect. Look more masculine and r more aggressive than lets say a German or Dutch or british person..

I always thought that vitamin D from the sun lowers estrogen. That's y people from the tropics are more lean and have better skin and hairlines usually than people who like in cloudy cold climates.

I don't agree with that, I do find some white or Arabic people more agressive and prone to violence than blacks from the Caribbean or mixed-raced people who are very easy going and calm.
Maybe it depends of the culture and how people are educated. Where I live there are a lot of Arabics from Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia and their skin colour is white and they tend to be very agressive and conservative about most of things

Last edited:

dq139

I don't agree with that, I do find some white or Arabic people more agressive and prone to violence than blacks from the Caribbean or mixed-raced people who are very easy going and calm.
Maybe it depends of the culture and how people are educated. Where I live there are a lot of Arabics from Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia and their skin colour is white and they tend to be very agressive and conservative about most of things

FyI North africans or mid easterns are mostly caucasian. Same genes roughly as south euros.

I think it is the culture but sunlight helps with test levels I would think.

Lolinaa

FyI North africans or mid easterns are mostly caucasian. Same genes roughly as south euros.

I think it is the culture but sunlight helps with test levels I would think.

Ok. I agree for the fact people in sunny countries tend to be loud. They are very about seduction and sex.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So how does one square this with the idea one needs to get more sunlight? Could one interpret this as not to get so much that a change in pigmentation occurs?

Peat said that it is better to get a lot of sunlight than to avoid it, but the optimal way is to bask in a sunlight that has passed through a glass and has most of the UV spectrum removed. I suppose sitting under intense red light for an hour every day or night can probably cover for lack of sufficient sunlight. Also, sunlight and its UV portion is only dangerous when there is a lot of tissue PUFA, and in that case taking aspirin/niacinamide before going into the sun should mitigate the damage.

LeeLemonoil

Emodin isolated from Polygoni Multiflori Ramulus inhibits melanogenesis through the liver X receptor-mediated pathway. - PubMed - NCBI

Emodin isolated from Polygoni Multiflori Ramulus inhibits melanogenesis through the liver X receptor-mediated pathway.

Kim MO1, Park YS2, Nho YH3, Yun SK3, Kim Y4, Jung E4, Paik JK5, Kim M6, Cho IH7, Lee J8.
Author information
Abstract

Melanogenesis is a physiological process that results in the synthesis of melanin pigments, which play a crucial protective role against skin photocarcinogenesis. We investigated the effects of a Polygoni Multiflori Ramulus extract on melanogenesis and isolated emodin from Polygoni Multiflori as an active compound. In addition, the possible mechanisms of action were examined. We found that emodin inhibited both melanin content and tyrosinase activity concentration and time dependently. Tyrosinase, tyrosinase-related protein (TRP)-1, and TRP-2 mRNA levels decreased following emodin treatment. However, while the mRNA levels of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF) were not affected by emodin, emodin reduced MITF protein levels. Furthermore, expression of the liver X-receptor (LXR) α gene, but not the LXR β gene was upregulated by emodin. Moreover, emodin regulated melanogenesis by promoting degradation of the MITF protein by upregulating the LXR α gene. The emodin effects on MITF was found to be mediated by phosphorylation of p42/44 MAPK. Taken together, these findings indicate that the inhibition of melanogenesis by emodin occurs through reduced MITF protein expression, which is mediated by upregulation of the LXR α gene and suggest that emodin may be useful as a hyperpigmentation inhibitor.

Koveras

@noordinary @LeeLemonoil @haidut

Looks like Phytol/Gonadin could be another protective option.

Chem Biol Interact. 2018 Feb 24. pii: S0009-2797(17)30192-8. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2018.02.033. [Epub ahead of print]
Phytol suppresses melanogenesis through proteasomal degradation of MITF via the ROS-ERK signaling pathway.
Ko GA1, Cho SK2.
Phytol (3,7,11,15-tetramethyl-2-hexadecen-1-ol) is an acyclic monounsaturated diterpene alcohol generated from chlorophyll metabolism that exerts anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic, antimicrobial, and antitumor effects. However, the effect of phytol on melanogenesis and the underlying molecular mechanisms of its inhibition remain unknown. Here, we found that phytol suppressed α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone-induced melanogenesis in B16F10 murine melanoma cells without any toxic effects. Phytol significantly attenuated melanin production by reducing the expression of tyrosinase and tyrosinase related protein 1. Treatment with phytol inhibited the expression of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF) by phosphorylating extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase (ERK). The ERK inhibitor PD98059 restored MITF expression and prevented the anti-melanogenic effect of phytol. We found that the ERK inhibitor coincidently abrogated MITF ubiquitination and degradation, suggesting that the ERK pathway is involved in phytol-induced ubiquitination of MITF. Furthermore, our data show that reactive oxygen species (ROS) production was increased in cells treated with phytol. Consistently, a ROS scavenger inhibited ERK phosphorylation and restored MITF degradation. Accordingly, the intermediary role of ROS was confirmed in phytol-induced MITF degradation. Taken together, these results demonstrate that phytol stimulates ROS production and modulates ERK-mediated proteasomal degradation of MITF in B16F10 murine melanoma cells. These findings suggest that phytol may have potential to be utilized as a whitening agent in cosmetics and as a therapy for skin hyperpigmentation.​

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@noordinary @LeeLemonoil @haidut

Looks like Phytol/Gonadin could be another protective option.

Chem Biol Interact. 2018 Feb 24. pii: S0009-2797(17)30192-8. doi: 10.1016/j.cbi.2018.02.033. [Epub ahead of print]
Phytol suppresses melanogenesis through proteasomal degradation of MITF via the ROS-ERK signaling pathway.
Ko GA1, Cho SK2.
Phytol (3,7,11,15-tetramethyl-2-hexadecen-1-ol) is an acyclic monounsaturated diterpene alcohol generated from chlorophyll metabolism that exerts anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic, antimicrobial, and antitumor effects. However, the effect of phytol on melanogenesis and the underlying molecular mechanisms of its inhibition remain unknown. Here, we found that phytol suppressed α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone-induced melanogenesis in B16F10 murine melanoma cells without any toxic effects. Phytol significantly attenuated melanin production by reducing the expression of tyrosinase and tyrosinase related protein 1. Treatment with phytol inhibited the expression of microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (MITF) by phosphorylating extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase (ERK). The ERK inhibitor PD98059 restored MITF expression and prevented the anti-melanogenic effect of phytol. We found that the ERK inhibitor coincidently abrogated MITF ubiquitination and degradation, suggesting that the ERK pathway is involved in phytol-induced ubiquitination of MITF. Furthermore, our data show that reactive oxygen species (ROS) production was increased in cells treated with phytol. Consistently, a ROS scavenger inhibited ERK phosphorylation and restored MITF degradation. Accordingly, the intermediary role of ROS was confirmed in phytol-induced MITF degradation. Taken together, these results demonstrate that phytol stimulates ROS production and modulates ERK-mediated proteasomal degradation of MITF in B16F10 murine melanoma cells. These findings suggest that phytol may have potential to be utilized as a whitening agent in cosmetics and as a therapy for skin hyperpigmentation.​

Nice find, thanks! Did you get a chance to look inside the study? What concentrations of phtyol were used? I am not near a computer right now, so can't open the full study.

Koveras

Nice find, thanks! Did you get a chance to look inside the study? What concentrations of phtyol were used? I am not near a computer right now, so can't open the full study.

Looks like 50 µM was effective and non-toxic

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 4.50.42 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 4.51.13 PM.png

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

dq139

Ok. I agree for the fact people in sunny countries tend to be loud. They are very about seduction and sex.

Its probably just the way they are raised or education level or "what qualities they consider desirable" combined with higher aromatase enzyme so more estrogen & dht.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would an individuals size have any bearing on the dose for skin lightening or would 12 drops apply to everyone?

You're awesome @Koveras!

It would, yes. So, lower dose for smaller people and higher for larger ones. I don't know what the exact volume of distribution (VoD) for phytol is but estimates for most molecules of similar molar mass and structure are that 2mg - 4mg produces 1uM/L concentration in most people.

dq139

None of those groups are Caucasian.

Your misinformed lol...unless u mean the true meaning of Caucasian is "Georgian Armenian Persian ect." "people from the caucasus region, your certainly right. I don't consider Mediterraneans or semetic peoples (middle easterners or north africans) white ofcourse. But as far as the us census sees race north Africans & middle easterners have Caucasian skeletal & facial features.

Im sicilian and don't look typical "white" but I still get thrown into the white Anglo saxon category which doesn't make sense to me because Im a ethnic Latin Mediterranean lol its whatever tho.

lvysaur

unless u mean the true meaning of Caucasian is "Georgian Armenian Persian ect." "people from the caucasus region, your certainly right

That is the real meaning of the term "Caucasian". There are accurate terms for what you're describing, like "west Eurasian". "Caucasian" genetically describes the area bounded by Georgia, Assyria, and Pakistan.

Of course, various americentric and eurocentric nonsense means that words no longer "mean" what they actually mean. Caucasians aren't Caucasian, Indians aren't Indian, and continents aren't continents.

Skeletal features have little to no importance in genetic classification. You can be a Mongoloid European; in fact such people were likely the norm in past Europe and still comprise a large portion of north/east Europeans.

LeeLemonoil

Curiously, Fin also inhibits melanogenesis.

Finasteride inhibits melanogenesis through regulation of the adenylate cyclase in melanocytes and melanoma cells
Finasteride inhibits melanogenesis through regulation of the adenylate cyclase in melanocytes and melanoma cells

Abstract
Finasteride is a well-known 5α-reductase inhibitor used for treatment of alopecia and prostate cancer. But the effect of finasteride in regulating melanogenesis is still unclear. In the present study the role of finasteride on melanogenesis was investigated. Finasteride decrease melanin level in melanocyte melan-a cells and B16F10 melanoma cells without inducing cytotoxicity. MC1R (melanocortin 1 receptor) protein expression was also inhibited by finasteride thereby decreasing the expression of adenylate cyclase, MITF (Melanogenesis associated transcription factor), tyrosinases, TRP (tyrosinase-related protein) -1 and -2. Thus our study suggest that finasteride inhibits melanogenesis in melanocyte and melanoma cells by inhibiting MC1R.

I've overflown some more papers and it seems that DHT increases melanogenesis, so it's probably a bit more comlpex than skind darkening is bad and estrogen-implicated and androgens/progesterone prevent it. But it surely depends on context and evironment and different cells, I've not really looked into it.

LCohen

Curiously, Fin also inhibits melanogenesis.

Abstract
Finasteride is a well-known 5α-reductase inhibitor used for treatment of alopecia and prostate cancer. But the effect of finasteride in regulating melanogenesis is still unclear. In the present study the role of finasteride on melanogenesis was investigated. Finasteride decrease melanin level in melanocyte melan-a cells and B16F10 melanoma cells without inducing cytotoxicity. MC1R (melanocortin 1 receptor) protein expression was also inhibited by finasteride thereby decreasing the expression of adenylate cyclase, MITF (Melanogenesis associated transcription factor), tyrosinases, TRP (tyrosinase-related protein) -1 and -2. Thus our study suggest that finasteride inhibits melanogenesis in melanocyte and melanoma cells by inhibiting MC1R.

I've overflown some more papers and it seems that DHT increases melanogenesis, so it's probably a bit more comlpex than skind darkening is bad and estrogen-implicated and androgens/progesterone prevent it. But it surely depends on context and evironment and different cells, I've not really looked into it.

Simply because Fin is a progesterone derivative.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals