Does T3 assist in Levothyroxine conversion?

aaronalexander

Long time lurker. First time poster.

I will add more detail later about my journey but long story short I started taking levothyroxine 100mcg every morning and it's been life changing. Initial severe stomach issues but only lasted about 5 days. After seeing so much talk about cynomel/t3 I decided to add in 25mcg as well. I haven't noticed any improvements of any kind.

Are some people doing great on levo alone? Also, would I benefit from maybe just knocking down this t3 dose to a microdose of 6.25mcg and does the added t3 assist the levo in it's conversion in anyway?

Thank you in advance. Will try to add value to the forum any way I can.

cdg

Long time lurker. First time poster.

I will add more detail later about my journey but long story short I started taking levothyroxine 100mcg every morning and it's been life changing. Initial severe stomach issues but only lasted about 5 days. After seeing so much talk about cynomel/t3 I decided to add in 25mcg as well. I haven't noticed any improvements of any kind.

Are some people doing great on levo alone? Also, would I benefit from maybe just knocking down this t3 dose to a microdose of 6.25mcg and does the added t3 assist the levo in it's conversion in anyway?

Thank you in advance. Will try to add value to the forum any way I can.
Only if you have a problem converting T4 to T3 generally due to too much estrogen' for the liver to handle

marsaday

Starting 25mcg T3 is a no no. Start on the small dose and see how it goes. Also look at using your T4 in 2 doses per day (2 x 50). Split 12h apart. So 10pm bedtime and 10am morning. I have made a post about the benefits I am seeing from splitting my T4

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals