Covid Drug Claim

ThinPicking

It doesn't make sense to me either Marcine. Other than it being a broad spectrum immunosuppressive agent, touted to be efficacious when given to a patient at their weakest. When they're sedated, intubated and vented or otherwise having their oxygen saturation arbitrarily increased.

They haven't even released their study, only the press statement below. The whole thing stinks.

https://www.recoverytrial.net/files/recovery_dexamethasone_statement_160620_v2final.pdf

They may as well have held a press conference to announce the discovery of cold fusion.

Lizb

It appears to improve survival rates. So maybe the surpession of the immune system at that point is pretty useful?

Mauritio

Its because many die from a overreaction of the immune system ,not the virus itself. So suppressing the immune system might save thos people's lives.

I posted a study that vitamin d might lower corona deaths by 50% , probably by the same mechanism.

ThinPicking

PUFA's are powerful broad spectrum immunosuppressives as well, why advocate for this?

This is about more than life or death. Most people who manage to survive a vent or prolonged high O2 saturation whether 'assisted' by dexamethasone or not will suffer sequelae for the rest of their lives.

Hans

Forum Supporter
It's a cortisol drug and cortisol is known to suppress the immune system and lower inflammation in the short term. Progesterone is equally effective at lowering inflammation as cortisol, but without all the side effects.

Estradiol

The logic is here to suppress immune system so it won't attack body/itself.

Inosine is more logical as it 'heals' immune system not stops it's production.

Inosine already used in past SARS infections.

ThinPicking

How about just not sedating, intubating and venting the patient in the first place.

I think the evidence is overwhelming at this point, standardised clinical practice around covid is killing patients on both sides of the Atlantic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals