Merck's New COVID Pill - Pepcid?

belcanto

Merck says its new pill cuts down COVID's worst effects - Merck says experimental pill cuts worst effects of COVID-19

Interesting. Following a rabbit hole, this pill seems to be made in part from famotidine (brand name Pepcid) - AAAS (there's also mention of the dreaded hydroxychloroquin in this article!)

There is some actual science to support this: Famotidine Use is Associated with Improved Clinical Outcomes in Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients: A Propensity Score Matched Retrospective Cohort Study Thailand noticed this but apparently in the U.S. there wasn't much mention of it: COVID-19 Drugs: Study Shows Common And Cheap Heartburn Drug Famotidine Improves Outcomes Of Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients - Thailand Medical News And also Zyrtec! COVID-19 Treatments: Study Shows Using Dual Antihistamines Such As Cetirizine And Famotidine Helps Pulmonary Symptoms In COVID-19 Patients - Thailand Medical News

Makes me wonder about gut health vs. whatever COVID's made of! Perhaps @haidut could comment?

Perry Staltic

I have read that either Merck's or Phizer's pill is a bromhexine knockoff. Maybe it has some famotidine too.

miquelangeles

famotidine, cyproheptadine, aspirin & vitamin D for covid
Yes. Famotidine was also part of Trump's covid treatment plan along with aspirin, vitamin D, zinc and melatonin.
It is also effective in treating serotonin syndrome.

Perry Staltic

Bromhexine and HCQ are TMPRSS2 inhibitors. Famotidine is a 3CLPRO inhibitor. Those are the two pathways that the virus uses to enter a cell and replicate,

miquelangeles

Screenshot_734.jpg

OP
belcanto

belcanto

Great comments! I always learn so much from this forum.

Jam

Results:​

rNHC showed dose-dependent antiviral and mutagenic effects against SAR-CoV-2 in vitro. In the 10 μM group, we found 7-fold and 14-fold increases in the overall substitution rate and the C to U mutation rate, respectively. The HPRT assay showed an rNHC dose-dependent increase in the number of resistant colonies with HPRT gene mutations. Other analogs showed no significant increase in the number of 6-thioG resistant colonies except for a slight increase with favipiravir (Fig 1a). Most colonies had missense substitutions or frame-shift deletions within HPRT mRNA, with most being distinct.

Conclusion:​

rNHC showed a dose-dependent inhibition and mutagenic effect of SAR-CoV-2 in vitro. However, rNHC would be expected to be metabolized into the deoxynucleotide pool (by host RNR), resulting in DNA mutation of dividing mammalian cells. We demonstrated such mutagenic potential in a simple mammalian cell detection scheme. Molnupiravir has considerable potential as an orally bioavailable direct acting antiviral against SARS-CoV2 early in infection, especially in high risk patients. However, clinical use should be carefully considered in light of its potential mutagenic effects on the host.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

You just wonder if everyone else will ever catch on to the fraud. A 74 year old man catches a cold, takes some vitamins and..... shocker of all shockers...... lives!

So does pretty much every other celebrity, so long as they weren't dying of something else, severely paralyzed from a tiger attack 17 years earlier, or put on one of those Death Machines with a 97.2% kill rate (aka, a Ventilator).

And so does the average person, again with the same caveats as above.

Birdie

Correction: HCQ is NOT a TMPRSS2 inhibitor.
Is what you are talking about the same as H1 and H2 blockers/inhibitors?
Does this drug do the job of blocking those two? Like the antihistamines we are using for that purpose?

Perry Staltic

Is what you are talking about the same as H1 and H2 blockers/inhibitors?
Does this drug do the job of blocking those two? Like the antihistamines we are using for that purpose?

I don't think so. I think TMPRSS2 is specific to ACE2 receptors. I don't know what effect the drugs I mentioned have on H1/H2

Birdie

Famotidine is also an H2 blocker. I am using it along with an H1 blocker as part of the Long Covid treatment. The Dual Antihistamines in that study listed by belcanto above sounds like it would show the H1 and H2 blockers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals