Combination Of Vitamins K2 & A Essentially Cures Leukemia

B

Braveheart

@Sheila I know this is an older post so I hope this is not too late..firstly, your thoughts about "critters" is likely correct. Joe Tippens in Oklahoma City cured his stage 4 lung cancer with bodywide mets in 3 months back in 2016 with an antiparasite small pet medication made by Merck called Panacur C along with a couple of other simple things. He is still in great shape today. Go to www.mycancerstory.rocks for details It was all monitored by MD Anderson in real time. However, for CLL check out EGCG, Artemisian and AHCC as all have shown good outcomes getting rid of CLL. I am 68 and was personally diagnosed with CLL last December. However, I haven't started self treatment yet because it's very slow to progress. Trademarked pycnogenol has also been shown to promote death of leukemia cells.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7875395_Pycnogenol_induces_differentiation_and_apoptosis_in_human_promyeloid_leukemia_HL-60_cells#:~:text=This indicated that caspase-3,chemotherapeutic agent for human leukemia
AHCC??

vocedilegno

Hi All, long-time lurker and first-time poster, many thanks to Ray Peat and everyone on the forum especially @haidut for all of your endocrine insights which helped me through what would have otherwise been an unmanageable low point in my life dealing with PFS-like symptoms which I believe were brought on by a supplement containing saw palmetto and high dose of beta-sitosterol which I took in the summer of 2014.

I lost my mother to acute myelocitic leukemia in 2008 so any discussions about it pique my interest keenly.

It’s known to mainstream medicine that all-trans retinoic acid is a cure for acute *promyelocitic* leukemia, but this which is a rare subtype (10-12%) of the generally very deadly AML (acute myelocitic leukemia). So anyone whose doctors suspect leukemia would be overjoyed to receive the news from pathology that they are so lucky to have the APML type, assuming that they are still within the window for treatment.

I would have to do some digging to find out which subtype of AML killed my mother but in general AML has a very poor prognosis with a five year survival rate of about 10%. It is a cancer of the unipotent bone marrow stem cells from which granulocytic immune cells develop, whose progression cripples the infection-fighting capability of the immune system. So in effect having AML is like having cancer and AIDS at the same time.

Benzene is one of the known risk factors for developing AML, hence the association with smoking, the other major risk factor is ionizing radiation, so cancer treatment is another trigger for the development of this terrible disease. It should also be noted that most kinds of chemotherapy also significantly increase one’s risk for AML because they suppress DNA repair. So I would be very very interested to read anything from @haidut about nutrition/vitamins or other chemicals which could be helpful in the context of the more common and more lethal forms of AML.

Peating Force

Hi All, long-time lurker and first-time poster, many thanks to Ray Peat and everyone on the forum especially @haidut for all of your endocrine insights which helped me through what would have otherwise been an unmanageable low point in my life dealing with PFS-like symptoms which I believe were brought on by a supplement containing saw palmetto and high dose of beta-sitosterol which I took in the summer of 2014.
Hello, may you tell us what you did for the "PFS-like symptoms" ?
Thank you.

vocedilegno

Hello, may you tell us what you did for the "PFS-like symptoms" ?
Thank you.
The first improvement I felt in terms of the most noticeable symptom, complete loss of libido, was in about 2017(?) when I took about 6.25mcg of T3 (cytomel). Prior to that point I had been trying to diet to lose body fat and gain strength through resistance training with the goal of raising DHT levels/activity. First a general estrogen-excretion approach emphasizing cruciferous vegetables followed by eggs or beets or wheat for choline/betaine, which was definitely a positive thing (hat tip to anabolicmen.com), but then I heard about intermittent fasting, tried that, then heard about "carb backloading", a keto variant, then went back to intermittent fasting, then back to keto, etc...The IF/keto approaches did little in terms of making me feel like "myself" again. Even worse, they got me to a point where I would wake up every night at 3:00 AM -- not slowly/groggily but immediately with eyes wide open, "wired", with anxiety setting in about 5-10 min after waking. It was sheer misery. This went on for a couple of years, during which time I discovered Ray Peat's writings. The night following the day I first took cytomel was the first night I slept through the night for ~2 years. It seems clear to me that the early morning panicked waking was from glycogen depletion caused by dieting which in turn necessitated my adrenals to go nuts at 3:00 AM and flood my bloodstream with adrenaline and cortisol to keep my brain from starving to death, and that the T3 helped my liver to replenish its glycogen stores. Everything in terms of my sense of well-being seemed uphill following then.

At this point my advice re: PFS would be first of all to do everything feasible through nutrition to lower estrogen levels. As Haidut has posted, the estrogens can suppress 5ar activity. And the best thing for upregulating 5ar activity is the presence of 5ar steroids (virtuous circle). So assuming one wants to do this without the help of T3, DHEA, etc., there are a couple of foods which are very helpful in my experience. In accordance with Dr. Peat's advice I limit consumption of the cruciferous vegetables, but I still eat them sometimes because they are great for helping the liver excrete the estrogens. When I'm not eating them I eat dandelion greens, swiss chard, and other non-cruciferous vegetables which are even higher in vitamin K1 than those of the cruciferous type. Apparently these vegetables also have strong "chemopreventive" (i.e. cancer-preventing) compounds. (FWIW my grandfather lived to 96 and he ate swiss chard or sometimes another similar vegetable pretty much every day. I remember seeing swiss chard on the table every time I was over there, not only Sundays but weekdays as well.)

But what I've gotten a great anti-PFS effect from recently is white button mushrooms, possibly because they inhibit aromatase so strongly, but also possibly because they have vitamin B5 which I've learned from this forum very recently to be a necessary cofactor for endogenous cholesterol synthesis (acetyl-Coenzyme A, acetoacetyl-CoA, etc.) which of course is necessary for the production of androgens and other steroids. And as a bonus they are one of the few non-animal sources of CLA which I've read is helpful for body composition and waist reduction, independent of caloric intake.

I also got noticeable results from sorghum flour (I use it to make pancakes which I have with berries and maple syrup). Definitely not getting the same effect from pancakes made with wheat/spelt/einkorn flour even with the same berries and the same syrup.

Gelatin for the glycine which is supposed to boost 5ar has also given me subtle but positive effects, more mental than physical. I got the idea from Haidut of course. I'm a newbie poster so I can't post links but the title of Haidut's article is "Glycine Strongly Upregulates 5-alpha Reductase (5-ar) Activity"

I used to eat as many as 10 eggs a day when I was doing the stupid keto stuff because I thought the cholesterol would give me higher testosterone levels, but now I limit it to 1 a day, partly because of the arachidonic acid but also because exogenous cholesterol downregulates endogenous cholesterol synthesis. I eat a lot of fruit, especially in the morning (kiwi, orange, watermelon, for the vitamin C, vitamin E, citrulline) and I remember Dr. Peat referencing a Russian scientist named "Yudin" (?) who had the idea that stressed people could benefit from eating sugar to raise cholesterol levels. I believe the reference was made in Dr. Peat's "Generative Energy."

Another vital thing is insulin sensitivity. I now make sure to get all of my carbs from food sources which have potassium attached. Potassium is another chemical which is helpful/necessary for the storage of glucose as glycogen (hat tip Dr. Eric Berg, DC). So no processed flour and very limited white sugar for me. Mostly fruit, potato, sweet potato, only occasionally maple syrup or very small amounts of blackstrap molasses, just enough for flavor.

Last note -- the craziest thing I learned recently which may be useful to know is that when scientists want to produce testicular atrophy in lab rats, guess what they inject them with? Epinephrine... which of course we know from Dr. Peat elevates free fatty acid (FFA) levels and causes insulin resistance and estrogenic activity. So keep adrenaline down to preserve your manhood! :):

Please let me know if there's anything else from my experience which would be helpful to know. Are you currently suffering from PFS symptoms?

Edit: Just read your "Live Fast Die Old" thread. Sorry to hear about what you've been dealing with. I forgot to mention above I've also quit coffee recently and have a ton more energy than I ever did while I was drinking it. Doesn't work for me. I believe I'm a slow metabolizer or something. Or maybe I'm CPY1A2 deficient which I think is another way to say the same thing? I'm no expert but I'm sure that I'm better without coffee and that abstaining keeps my adrenaline down as well. I've also read that coffee increases intestinal permeability...

Last edited:

Peating Force

Please let me know if there's anything else from my experience which would be helpful to know. Are you currently suffering from PFS symptoms?
Thanks for the detailed answer.

I don't exactly know what I have: PFS/PSSD/PAS but I have similar symptoms that I think I developed from using too much lion's mane (for my IBS) and a single take of ashwagandha-KSM66 that may have reacted with my already half-broken state. I also did 3 accutane cures years ago so it may (or not) have participated.
I seem to have only sexual symptoms (that go away for 3 days with a good ol' night of drinking). Anhedonia may "simply" be depression for me...
That's a lot of "may" but my bloods were normal, urologist was useless : "if you can function with alcohol then it's not my problem".
I wish I could lower the drinking but I "need" to perform regularly as I still managed to score a younger girl and it's going great with her :):

Using binaurals sounds (Hcg) cured me for a few days before my brain/receptors adapted and returned to baseline so I think it's 5ar/estrogen related. I may look up glycine, I saw it used often but I use bone broth for my guts and I did not notice improvements.
For now I'm waiting for an endocrino appointment (in 2 months :rolleyes:). I hope he'll let me try some DHT gel. I'll be trying some low-doses progesterone cream and pansterone for now. I also have some andro/allop to try in the future.

On the coffee side, I know it's bad for me but I have a hard time quitting. It doesn't make me ill or something, it just contributes to my miserable state if I ate something that's badly reacting in my guts the day before.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals