Cold

Jing

So summer is over and now I'm feeling cold all the time, what is there to not feel soo cold? T3 doesn't help salt doesn't help neither does more food. What actually works?

AlaskaJono

Not enough info really. Here's a stab in the dark: Are you cold all day long? What about after a warm/hot meal? Are you ingesting enough fats? One tip is to pinch one finger nail and the "pinkness" - ie blood - returns in one second if your circulation is excellent. Over 2 seconds usually means very sluggish circulation due to liver congestion. (This often means stress - mental/emotional - not necessarily a toxic issue).
It is Spring where I live and still the morning temperatures are cool, 40F-50F, so we are making oatmeal with ginger bits, and I eat with a dab o butter and milk and honey. MMMM and it is very warming. Meaning that I feel warm and get energy after eating it. Do you have this experience with any foods? Best - J

Dr Peat recommends keeping the feet warm, so wear thicker socks all day, and have a warm footbath with Epsom salt on cold evenings.

Maybe increase sugar to increase metabolic rate for the thermogenic effect. And physically hot drinks or soup are a quick way to warm up, and you can have them frequently in small amounts.

OP
J

Jing

Not enough info really. Here's a stab in the dark: Are you cold all day long? What about after a warm/hot meal? Are you ingesting enough fats? One tip is to pinch one finger nail and the "pinkness" - ie blood - returns in one second if your circulation is excellent. Over 2 seconds usually means very sluggish circulation due to liver congestion. (This often means stress - mental/emotional - not necessarily a toxic issue).
It is Spring where I live and still the morning temperatures are cool, 40F-50F, so we are making oatmeal with ginger bits, and I eat with a dab o butter and milk and honey. MMMM and it is very warming. Meaning that I feel warm and get energy after eating it. Do you have this experience with any foods? Best - J
Cold pretty much all day, unless I do exercise or am under a duvet but that doesn't last long, after hot meals I will feel warmer but only last ten minutes max, yes I'm ingesting enough fats, pinkness returns very fast.

OP
J

Jing

Dr Peat recommends keeping the feet warm, so wear thicker socks all day, and have a warm footbath with Epsom salt on cold evenings.

Maybe increase sugar to increase metabolic rate for the thermogenic effect. And physically hot drinks or soup are a quick way to warm up, and you can have them frequently in small amounts.
This is only a temporary measure though and only my feet will feel warm from this .

Ben.

Cold pretty much all day, unless I do exercise or am under a duvet but that doesn't last long, after hot meals I will feel warmer but only last ten minutes max, yes I'm ingesting enough fats, pinkness returns very fast.

And you did not have this issue in the summer? Maybe its the vitamin d?

Other than that, in my opinion atleast ... feeling cold or having cold ears/nose/lips/hands/feets could be due one of these:

Postural issue (muscle/fascia/scars restricting proper bloodflow and/or nerve signaling as a result of a injury)
A Chronic Ailment and all its downstream consequences (do you have one of thoose?)
Infection
Hormonal Issue
Stress

Are you taking any specific medications/supplements? I get badly and seriously cold using flowers of sulphur or doing enemas for example.
Drinking cold OJ makes me colder too.

OP
J

Jing

And you did not have this issue in the summer? Maybe its the vitamin d?

Other than that, in my opinion atleast ... feeling cold or having cold ears/nose/lips/hands/feets could be due one of these:

Postural issue (muscle/fascia/scars restricting proper bloodflow and/or nerve signaling as a result of a injury)
A Chronic Ailment and all its downstream consequences (do you have one of thoose?)
Infection
Hormonal Issue
Stress

Are you taking any specific medications/supplements? I get badly and seriously cold using flowers of sulphur or doing enemas for example.
Drinking cold OJ makes me colder too.
No in the summer it was hot so I felt hot and I have very high vitamin d levels.

I don't have cold ears,nose,lips,hands and feet I just feel really cold.

I'm on mirtazapine but I've had this all my life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals