Citrus Fruit Intolerance

stargazer1111

I have noticed that, when I consume a fair amount of orange juice, I get intolerance symptoms. I get bloating and diarrhea and if I consume enough of it, my heart begins to skip beats. I get fatigued and have serious stomach pain.

When I remove the citrus fruits and get most of my sugar as a combination of sucrose, high-fructose corn syrup (mostly soda or table sugar), and lactose from milk, I feel like a little kid with abundant energy and no problems at all.

I understand that chemical sensitivities are signs of hypothyroidism. I just started taking Thyroid-S (1 grain) yesterday and want to take a month or two of thyroid therapy before I reintroduce things I might be intolerant to like oranges.

What does everyone think about ditching fruit and just getting most of my sugar as sucrose/HFCS/milk? I notice that I have zero problems tolerating HFCS, which surprised me.

Diokine

Is it commercial orange juice? I don't tolerate it at all, something in the processing totally ruins it. Fresh oranges though, fuhgetaboutit. I will usually suck our all the sweet nectar and spit out the remaining material.

J

James IV

If you go that route, I'd suggest making sure you get plenty of potassium and vitmain C from other sources. Ray recommends citrus not just for sugar.

Is it commercial orange juice? I don't tolerate it at all, something in the processing totally ruins it. Fresh oranges though, fuhgetaboutit. I will usually suck our all the sweet nectar and spit out the remaining material.

Yeah, they're totally distinct products. Once I started buying freshly squeezed orange juice (a la Whole Foods) it was hard to go back. That is, until I realized my bank account was empty:D

What does everyone think about ditching fruit and just getting most of my sugar as sucrose/HFCS/milk? I notice that I have zero problems tolerating HFCS, which surprised me.

I think this is probably fine, assuming you're getting vitamin C from potatoes or cooked kale or something for the time being. OJ is such a powerful food that it's worth trying to add back in later.

tara

Personally, I'd try other fruits/juices, roots and tubers before relying on large amounts of refined sucrose or HFCS - all the other nutrients are important too. (And try fresh squeezed ripe oranges/juice if you haven't tried that yet, possibly in smaller quantities.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals