Did anyone fail to adjust to milk?

Kenobi

As a kid, I had no problems with milk. Only later did I start to get diarrhea each time I drank milk, even slowly. I tried adding some 2% to my orange juice this time but I didn't adjust so I just quit adding it.

Milk has the benefit of being very cheap, so I want to know whether it's possible for me to adjust to it. How long would it take not to have diarrhea from it if I drink a small amount each day? It seems hopeless. RP said "much less" hydrogen gas was produced from milk if people drank it each day, but apparently since they still produce some gas, they are still mildly lactose intolerant.

I drank a lot of milk a few years ago, for months, but I still had severe diarrhea each day and had to go for hours each day. I don't know if my body wasn't adjusting to it because I was drinking too much, or if I just have some permanent issue with milk that can never be solved. Is it possible I can fail to adjust? I don't want to waste time on the toilet again only to find out I can't learn to digest milk.

Note, I had no stomach pain from milk, so I dunno if it's lactose intolerance.

That's interesting, I had that too but when I picked up I instinctively built up over about a month. I know a couple brands which still are irritating after a year so that gives me perspective.

BingDing

It may be worth experimenting, different brands can make a big difference, as can grass fed with no vitamins added. I ran out a few weeks ago and had to buy commercial milk, when I restocked the next day I threw the last half out, it was horrible.

OP
K

Kenobi

Are the organic brands guarenteed to have a better effect if the commercial milk is bad?

I can't say but the biggest "non-organic" brand where I live, revered for its marketed quality, tastes burnt. Tastes like ash. I also realized that when you are unhealthy, you alternate between eating anything without problems, a hardened shell, to having issues with any kind of food on other days. So in any case there is very little discerning capability.

BingDing

Kenobi said:
Are the organic brands guarenteed to have a better effect if the commercial milk is bad?

No. Organic corn and soy feeds, for example, are s***. Different herds/breeds, different pasture, different winter feed, all make a difference. When I moved here I tried some raw, grass fed milk that I didn't like at all. I'm using a low temp pasteurized, non homogenized commercial milk now (not the one mentioned above) which agrees with me, and am waiting for a couple cows to have their babies to get a really good tasting raw milk.

Don't quit trying, Kenobi, there are benefits to finding a good milk.

But organic milk at least is from non-GMO grain, right? No antibiotics also mean more room and hygiene for the cows, unless they want them all dead in a short time.

OP
K

Kenobi

Maybe I should get my own cow! Lol. But in all seriousness, how do you people tell if a food effects you positively? I don't notice so much from anything.

BingDing

Taste is a lot of it for me, and a general sense of how adulterated it is. Admittedly, I can get a little hard nosed about it, but I can't see much sense in eating 90% real clean food and 10% crap, if I can help it. Bloating, allergic reactions, intestinal motility are obvious signs, if they happen. RP says reactions don't always happen right away, so it might be hard to tie a reaction with a food eaten a day or two earlier.

Organic milk does mean non-GMO feed, so that's something. And some corn is probably OK, the farmer has to make sure the herd stays healthy and the cow probably detoxifies it well. You just don't know how much grain has been fed to the cows.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals