Fructose Upper Limit?

stargazer1111

I am considering dropping dairy altogether. I am autistic and am afraid that the casein is causing me problems. I have seen some evidence that us autists have immune reactions to the casein.

If I were to drop the dairy and consume only sucrose/fruit sugar for my carbs, would that be a problem? I think I would be getting something like 100-125 grams of fructose at that point and, given the traditional dogma, I am a little hesitant to consume this much sugar.

I can't tolerate starch in any form, that is why I am considering it.

tara

If I were to drop the dairy and consume only sucrose/fruit sugar for my carbs, would that be a problem? I think I would be getting something like 100-125 grams of fructose at that point and, given the traditional dogma, I am a little hesitant to consume this much sugar.
That doesn't seem like much carbohydrates - just 200-250g carbs a day/800-1000 cals?
Peat seems to favour getting much of our carbs in the form of sugars like this, but there are contrary opinions and experience - eg tyw's. I think you can probably only find out by experimenting. If it works for you, good. If it turns out not to feel so good, maybe you could try to find some sources of glucose that are not starch?

Last edited:

Agent207

I wouldn't go over 50gr fructose unless you eat it around intense workouts that demands loads of glycogen from liver stores. Excess fructose when your liver is full or non-optimal = heavy glycation. Yes, even with low pufa.

beachbum

I wouldn't go over 50gr fructose unless you eat it around intense workouts that demands loads of glycogen from liver stores. Excess fructose when your liver is full or non-optimal = heavy glycation. Yes, even with low pufa.
What would happen, would there be fat gains from insulin spike.

Mito

"Eating fruit, even up to 4-5 servings per day is not going to contribute to obesity or increase blood lipids. It also appears that moderate consumption of fructose as an added sweetener doesn’t convey much risk. Mainlining Mountain Dew or consuming more than 150 grams of fructose or HFCS per day does seem to be a bad thing."

Fructose: Burying the Boogeyman - Science Driven Nutrition

max219

I'm very active, but for the past 3 years I've averaged between 600-700 grams of sugar a day. And I'm lean and healthy.

Parsifal

There are studies showing that too much fructose increases endotoxins and are damaging to the liver. I cannot eat much fibers though or otherwise it increases my health issues and autistic symptoms, I think a lot of people feel better on starch though. Fruits and dextrose are what work for me but I am trying to limit fructose. Dairy is a nightmare for my health.

Can you link the source please

T

tca300

The amount of misinformation being spread on this site is growing to an all time high. Its starting to taste a little... dare I say... vanilla. By all means dont let your fructose exceed 13.7237grams per day or your liver will expload leaving everyone in your immediate area covered in lipids that once made up your poor, obese, overburdened blood filter. Definitely keep eating burgers, donuts, pizza, french fries etc... but DONT TOUCH FRUIT!

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveFoster

There's always eating to taste. It's been mentioned the body craves starch when cold, depressed, or after enduring a hypocaloric intake.

beachbum

The amount of misinformation being spread on this site is growing to an all time high. Its starting to taste a little... dare I say... vanilla. By all means dont let your fructose exceed 13.7237grams per day or your liver will expload leaving everyone in your immediate area covered in lipids that once made up your poor, obese, overburdened blood filter. Definitely keep eating burgers, donuts, pizza, french fries etc... but DONT TOUCH FRUIT!
Excellent answer.

By all means dont let your fructose exceed 13.7237grams per day or your liver will expload.
:rolling good one

Agent207

Last edited:

Parsifal

54297761.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals