Choosing the right air filter - Why most air filters on the market are DANGEROUS

rayban

I was going to buy one of these but reviews on Amazon say it emits a ton of EMF...
I remember asking Levoit about this and they said:

Thank you for reaching out to our team with your questions. Rest assured, all our air purifiers are ozone-free and do not produce ions or radiation. They work purely mechanically by drawing in air and filtering it through our 3-stage filtration system. They do not give off harmful radiation, as there are completely different "types." Humans, lamps, TVs, and x-ray machines all give off radiation, but at different frequencies. Any number would not indicate how healthy or unhealthy the radiation is. If a tester is reading a high number, it is of a harmless frequency—the tester cannot distinguish between the type of radiation, and only produces a number measurement.

You can refer to the graphic (from Google Images) below. The air purifiers are simply high-powered fan motors, which may appear to give off a high reading due to its efficiency. It is as harmless as any other electrical device (such as an air conditioner, fan, etc.). To be clear, everything gives off "radiation", but not all of it is harmful.

We understand that the safety of our customers and their loved ones is very important. We hope this information helps. Our team is always happy to answer any other questions you may have.

unnamed.png

But the high EMF review that you read was on the H132 or the Core 300?

Kram

I remember asking Levoit about this and they said:

Thank you for reaching out to our team with your questions. Rest assured, all our air purifiers are ozone-free and do not produce ions or radiation. They work purely mechanically by drawing in air and filtering it through our 3-stage filtration system. They do not give off harmful radiation, as there are completely different "types." Humans, lamps, TVs, and x-ray machines all give off radiation, but at different frequencies. Any number would not indicate how healthy or unhealthy the radiation is. If a tester is reading a high number, it is of a harmless frequency—the tester cannot distinguish between the type of radiation, and only produces a number measurement.

You can refer to the graphic (from Google Images) below. The air purifiers are simply high-powered fan motors, which may appear to give off a high reading due to its efficiency. It is as harmless as any other electrical device (such as an air conditioner, fan, etc.). To be clear, everything gives off "radiation", but not all of it is harmful.

We understand that the safety of our customers and their loved ones is very important. We hope this information helps. Our team is always happy to answer any other questions you may have.

unnamed.png

But the high EMF review that you read was on the H132 or the Core 300?
It was for the H132. Hm, I don't know enough (or anything) about radiation or EMF but I guess their response makes sense.

rayban

It was for the H132. Hm, I don't know enough (or anything) about radiation or EMF but I guess their response makes sense.
Well, im not using it for now since thanks to @haidut im now paranoid it increases endotoxins in the air, so im not sure if that's worse than shitty air.
And im also not running ionizers since im not sure about the ozone release even if tiny, plus im not sure if they even work at all.
So im not running anything air wise right now.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

TBH I take back the negatives I said about Air ionizers - they really do make a huge positive difference as long as you can get one without ozone emission definitely a worthwhile investment

Last edited:

rayban

TBH I take back the negatives I said about Air ionizers - they really do make a huge positive difference as long as you can get one without ozone emission definitely a worthwhile investment

Yeah, plus the studies haidut posted basically involves that you don't even clean your filters. I think that guy posts whatever study he finds and people automatically believe everything when probably half of studies are bs or you can find others that contradict them.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I don't even know what to think anymore because my ionizer makes me behave erratically but it does give me a metabolic boost so I don't know - I really need to find one without ozone

You definitely got to be careful running it all day

tastyfood

I don't even know what to think anymore because my ionizer makes me behave erratically but it does give me a metabolic boost so I don't know - I really need to find one without ozone

You definitely got to be careful running it all day
The one Ray recommends, which is mentioned in one of Danny's podcast, doesn't emit any ozone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals