Cascara Anxiety

FredSonoma

Do the large stools from cascara mean it's food that's kind of built up in there? Or no? Is it fully formed poop coming out in large bowel movement? Or very soft?

DaveFoster

Yeah probably, I've also been taking taurine recently which probably did the same. Any idea how long the symptoms will last?
A day or so. Koveras did mention blood sugar, which is likely. Emodin, in cascara is a very strong 11-betaHSD1 antagonist and can lower blood sugar (and treat diabetes).

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Do the large stools from cascara mean it's food that's kind of built up in there? Or no? Is it fully formed poop coming out in large bowel movement? Or very soft?

I'm not sure. They were soft but formed and a very large amount.

Low blood sugar?

I took my last dose midnight and experienced negative symptoms around 7 at night the following day. I think it was some kind of gut irritation which I thought cascara might help with.

InChristAlone

I have gotten anxiety from cascara and mag glycinate, anything that stimulates the bowel.

serling78

I've been using cascara for two weeks and I haven't experienced anxiety but after giving it a little time I've definitely seen a correlation to a drop in libido. I haven't been able to find anyone else talk about this but I would imagine I can't be the only one.

I have good quality aged cascara and I've been taking it every other night. Its a nice help with relieving constipation but the closer I am to having taken the cascara the worse my libido is. In one case I accidentally went 3 days without the cascara and I realized my libido felt normal, but then when I took the cascara that night I noticed the next morning the libido dropoff had clearly hit. When I take it I also almost immediately feel a kind of sense of being a little "out of it" (almost like having a very small amount of weed or something) and I feel sleepy. If it wasn't for the negative libido effects I would have finally found the solution to my ongoing constipation issue. Feeling pretty frustrated.

Anyone else?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals