Haidut Interview Carnivore vs. Carbs Debate: Dr. Anthony Chaffee and Georgi Dinkov!

Mauritio

Great interview, I love watching debates like that. Georgi seemed surpsingly agreeable on this podcast, nodding his way through almost everything the doctor said. But thats better than screaming at each other and interrupting all the time.

Some of Chaffee's early comments on fat, protein and meat are decent and he seems like a respectful person.

I think some comments of his, on fructose for example, are questionable. Like saying that fructose should be a controlled susbtance and comparing it to heroine or cocaine is absolutlely wild. He just threw it out there so casually but I wont let that slide lol. Thats just propaganda, and mentioning lustig's name in a positive ligth removes credibility from you per se, fructose is not even metabolized in the liver, for the most part.

I think reading peats newsletter on addiction and craving would be good for him, since he said he didnt like it when his body craves things ... What is the alternative ? A torpor like state where you neglect your bodies needs and supress every attempt of the body to restore homestasis?

He also seems to base his diet on the "fact" that eating only meat is what we always did, but basing that on the people that live in the furthest, most removed place on earth is kind of odd. And if you look at the african hunter gatherer tribes like the hadza (which are probably a much better represantation for what we used to eat than the inuit) they eat a lot of carbs, almost exlusively honey and fruit (yes also a lot fresh meat). Peat used to say that a lot of the inuit aged prematurely and weren't in great health, so the basis of his argument "they eat only meat and are thriving" is pretty shaky.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals