Carbs make me feel hot

Mike wolff

I’ve noticed that when I increased my carbs in my diet that I feel hot all the time and if it’s a refeed day the heat is greatly increased.

OP
M

Mike wolff

Basically stick to complex carbs rice , potatoes, oatmeal, fruit it’s crazy cause when I ate low carbs I was always cold now am the opposite and I feel my libido increased a lot as well .

InChristAlone

The heat is because on low carb your cortisol is super high. The carbs lower stress thus heat is escaping. Very common in refeeding with anorexia. So you are basically going through what anorexics go through.

I’ve noticed that when I increased my carbs in my diet that I feel hot all the time and if it’s a refeed day the heat is greatly increased.
I don’t know if it pertains to your situation, but it has been said that if you are cold you need to eat more and if you are hot you need to drink more.

InChristAlone

It's helpful to know your body temp when you are feeling hot too. When I was really hypothyroid I'd sometimes all of a sudden feel really hot but my temp was actually falling. Peat explained what that meant perfectly. But yes you will need more liquids if your metabolism is roaring.

greeneclipse

It's helpful to know your body temp when you are feeling hot too. When I was really hypothyroid I'd sometimes all of a sudden feel really hot but my temp was actually falling. Peat explained what that meant perfectly. But yes you will need more liquids if your metabolism is roaring.
Can you explain more about the physiology of why this happens? Or maybe post a link to what peat has said.

InChristAlone

Can you explain more about the physiology of why this happens? Or maybe post a link to what peat has said.
I don't think I still have the email it was from 2012!!! But it was describing what a hot flash was. The temperature actually goes down when you suddenly feet hot and sweaty. Because stress hormones were keeping the temperature elevated. That's why people with anorexia are always hot and sweaty and uncomfortable in refeeding.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals