Capsule absorption?

Connor888

I have been supplementing with basic substances for awhile, and some pregnenolone now and again -- without much benefit to speak of really. Out of curiosity, I decided to try a tiny amount of the powder from a b complex & pregnenolone on my tongue. And I have never felt better; despite taking them for months before hand.... I always felt like they were having no effect until I tried this. Which makes me wonder, is it possible I was not digesting the cellulose capsules as well as others who report benefits from supplements? The only downside is I have a little nausea.... Which I never experienced before with any of my supplements. Which makes me even more suspicious. Has anyone felt a difference between the two methods before? Thanks!

youngsinatra

I have been supplementing with basic substances for awhile, and some pregnenolone now and again -- without much benefit to speak of really. Out of curiosity, I decided to try a tiny amount of the powder from a b complex & pregnenolone on my tongue. And I have never felt better; despite taking them for months before hand.... I always felt like they were having no effect until I tried this. Which makes me wonder, is it possible I was not digesting the cellulose capsules as well as others who report benefits from supplements? The only downside is I have a little nausea.... Which I never experienced before with any of my supplements. Which makes me even more suspicious. Has anyone felt a difference between the two methods before? Thanks!
Me too. I like to dissolve supplements in liquid. Seems easier to digest and absorb. Sublingual is also powerful!

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Me too. I like to dissolve supplements in liquid. Seems easier to digest and absorb. Sublingual is also powerful!
That sounds like a great idea, I will have to try it! I'm guessing the water/liquid would have to not be too hot to preserve it's effectiveness? Thanks.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I started using a liquid B-Complex sublingual recently and have to agree it works way better for me than capsules as well. I can also control the dose easier.

LadyRae

Danny Roddy recently recommended (in his solo podcast about safely using antibiotics)opening all encapsulated supplements before injesting, as they are better absorbed without first-pass liver activity.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Danny Roddy recently recommended (in his solo podcast about safely using antibiotics)opening all encapsulated supplements before injesting, as they are better absorbed without first-pass liver activity.
Thanks for that. What exactly is this First Pass activity? I can't seem to make sense of it. I would love to know though if it suggests why someone might not benefit as much from supplements in this capsulated form?

LadyRae

Thanks for that. What exactly is this First Pass activity? I can't seem to make sense of it. I would love to know though if it suggests why someone might not benefit as much from supplements in this capsulated form?

If you Google sublingual versus oral supplementation you'll get a lot of interesting information about first pass metabolism, and why sublingual supplementation as much more potent.

Panopticon

ai is making you reject food in your tummy... also asa in your mouth releases dopamine and stops heart attacks because of "ingestion vortex"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals