Bruising And Tenderness--what Supplements Are Causing This?

I take aspirin semi-regularly, but normally remember to take oral vitamin K too, and have had lots of IVs with no bruising so far. Until yesterday. I noticed that there was a bunch of bruising that looked like the kind an old person would get--like burst capillaries, around the site. Now, it's normal to get some bruising right at the iv site esp. if they're rough, but this was adjacent to the site and different, and not on it. I'm a little concerned

Right now I take thyroid, vitamin K, aspirin and progestE pretty frequently. THe other supplements I have taken recently include tocovit--but I don't take that regularly, BCAAs, tyrosine and methylene blue
, Oh and I drink chaga tea at large doses regularly, which has a lot of compounds and effects i'm not aware of but could be blood thinning?

The only thing I can think of causing this is either the chaga or the tocopherols.

Ill attach a photo

OP
energyandstruct
nN7FbVA

OP
energyandstruct
Also they were a little rough with taking the iv out slightly and trying to draw blood out of it because they had forgotten too earlier and i'm wondering if that's the cause of it

paymanz

Maybe you have a deficiency in a mineral that prevent normal formation of connective tissue.

tara

As usual, hunch not expertise.
Some bruising might happen anyway, but if you're getting excessive bruising (I couldn't tell from the photo if it was excessive), the next thing I'd wonder about after vit-K would be vit-C? More is needed during healing. I think it's used when generating new tissue.

Have you ever measured your UpH? You might not have the energy for yet another thing, but if you do there might be a something more to glean from that. I think I've seeen recommended to measure a couple of hours after meals, not first thing in the morning. Reams/RBTI said vit-C can be useful to supplement if UpH is running on the alkaline side. Harder to make use of, and tends to push things in the wrong direction, if you're already too acidic. Reams and Peat both suggest good UpH range 6.2/3 - 6.7/8.

Travis

@Travis thoughts on bruising, safety of chaga and aspirin, etc?

I would certainly take vitamin C because it's necessary for collagen synthesis. This vitamin is needed to physically-hydroxylate proline and lysine into hydroxyproline and hydroxylysine, respectively, two amino acids so characteristic of collagen that there used as a urinary biomarker for it. Apparently in anticipation of increased collagen remodeling, vitamin C has been observed to upregulate procollagen synthesis about fourfold (at 100 μM).

Aspirin acetylates cyclooxygenase, transforming it into a 15-lipoxygenase while abrogating prostaglandin synthesis. Thromboxane A₂ is technically a prostaglandin and is highly involved in blood clotting, though the thromboxane A₃ analogue formed via EPA (20∶5ω−3) does much less in this regard. Due to the fatty acid composition of their lipid membranes obtained from near-exclusive fish-eating, Greenland Eskimos have double the bleeding times than their neighbors in Denmark. Taking aspirin does something similar, and likely why it's been found helpful in preventing stroke and cardiac ischemia.

OP
energyandstruct
Thx for the vitamin C suggestion, to both. I've started trying to make my collagen intake more regular. As for vitamin C i drink a lot of OJ but I also have some vitamin C bulk powder I would be happy to start taking. I do have some recent viral flare-ups so it might also be good for immune system. What are the safe megadoses for short periods of time? I know of someone who went crazy on the linus pauling hype back when that was big and caused kidney problems from taking huge doses for awhile, but that's an extreme example

OP
energyandstruct
As usual, hunch not expertise.
Some bruising might happen anyway, but if you're getting excessive bruising (I couldn't tell from the photo if it was excessive), the next thing I'd wonder about after vit-K would be vit-C? More is needed during healing. I think it's used when generating new tissue.

Have you ever measured your UpH? You might not have the energy for yet another thing, but if you do there might be a something more to glean from that. I think I've seeen recommended to measure a couple of hours after meals, not first thing in the morning. Reams/RBTI said vit-C can be useful to supplement if UpH is running on the alkaline side. Harder to make use of, and tends to push things in the wrong direction, if you're already too acidic. Reams and Peat both suggest good UpH range 6.2/3 - 6.7/8.
It might have been incidental, or just because they were a little rough, but the bruising pattern still kind of worries me a little. I don't tend to have a lot of health anxiety but I'm definitely kind of out on a limb taking a lot of supplements and hormones that a doctor wouldn't recommend and can't help me with, so I want to address things that could be a more serious problem, like blood-thinning. I don't mind bruising once in awhile, I just don't want to make it worse

like i said, the odd thing about it is that it's not bruising at the site of the iv, but around it, in a way that doesn't look like it could easily be caused just by a rough poke idk

Is UPH easy to test from a normal doctor's office?

tara

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals