Best Shower Filter

Dan W

I did end up buying the Sprite HO2-WH I mentioned there, and I'm happy with it. I can smell an obvious difference in the water, and that's with a subpar sense of smell.

Dan W

What can filter everything?
I think a KDF filter plus a vitamin C filter would give you a pretty broad spectrum of filtration. But I think unless you have specific needs, the main thing to avoid in the shower is chlorine and chloramines. The vitamin C filters (like the one @redlight recommended) are probably the most effective for that. If you only have chlorine in your water supply, the KDF filters (like the Sprite one I have) are a less expensive option.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
I think a KDF filter plus a vitamin C filter would give you a pretty broad spectrum of filtration. But I think unless you have specific needs, the main thing to avoid in the shower is chlorine and chloramines. The vitamin C filters (like the one @redlight recommended) are probably the most effective for that. If you only have chlorine in your water supply, the KDF filters (like the Sprite one I have) are a less expensive option.

What can I do against my bad odor? People here say soap is bad.

tara

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
I make a pretty good and effective deodorant by melting some coconut oil, turning off the heat, adding baking soda until it reaches a slurrpy consistency, putting the mix in the fridge until it makes a hard puck, and then cutting off and applying bits to the body area. The heat of the body will soften the chunks and it can be spread.

How can I turn it to deoderant spray?

tara

How can I turn it to deoderant spray?
You could try putting a saturated solution of baking soda in a spray bottle and seeing if it's effective for you. I have not tried this.
I don't recommend applying boiling oil to the armpits. I'm not going to try this. :)

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
You could try putting a saturated solution of baking soda in a spray bottle and seeing if it's effective for you. I have not tried this.
I don't recommend applying boiling oil to the armpits. I'm not going to try this. :)

Hmm. Someone needs to post his experience here.

tara

Hmm. Someone needs to post his experience here.
Go ahead - it seems like pretty safe experiment - the worst your likely to strike is itchy armpits if you are sensitive to it, and it washes off OK. :) Others have managed to apply baking soda without a spray bottle.

Queequeg

Arromic Ionikku Plus VitaminC Shower: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GLHW5Y/?tag=rapefo-20

I just got it and love it. Vitamin C compartment is refillable with cheap Vitamin C powder so no expensive cartridges.
It also comes with a chlorine test so you can see the effectiveness for yourself.
Finally the water pressure/spray feel is very soft and enjoyable. It uses hundreds of micro holes that increase water speed while producing negative ions..think waterfall effects

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Arromic Ionikku Plus VitaminC Shower: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GLHW5Y/?tag=rapefo-20

I just got it and love it. Vitamin C compartment is refillable with cheap Vitamin C powder so no expensive cartridges.
It also comes with a chlorine test so you can see the effectiveness for yourself.
Finally the water pressure/spray feel is very soft and enjoyable. It uses hundreds of micro holes that increase water speed while producing negative ions..think waterfall effects

Hey from where do you get your Vitamin C powder to refill it? In the pictures, it shows a fluid Vitamin C powder.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker

Link for the best one?

Dan W

Link for the best one?
I haven't looked much into combination filters, but you could chain together the KDF one I use with one of the vitamin C ones suggested (perhaps the UBS Vita since one of the reviews on the Arromic Ionniku suggests it clogs when used with the Sprite).

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
I haven't looked much into combination filters, but you could chain together the KDF one I use with one of the vitamin C ones suggested (perhaps the UBS Vita since one of the reviews on the Arromic Ionniku suggests it clogs when used with the Sprite).

Actually I just want to get rid of Chlor and Chlorine now. It should filter it for 100% and be cheap. Maybe Aluminium too.

Last edited:

Queequeg

sorry for the delay. The Ionniku shower head takes maybe 1 oz of ascorbic acid powder and I think someone on Amazon said they refilled it once a month. They give you maybe 4 oz of powder; Yes the pic looks like water but its powder.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals