Beneficial Effects Of Green Tea Extract For Celiac Disease

Green Tea Polyphenols Mitigate Gliadin-Mediated Inflammation and Permeability in Vitro. - PubMed - NCBI
Abstract
SCOPE:
Green tea, a polyphenol-rich beverage, has been reported to mitigate a number of inflammatory and hypersensitivity disorders in laboratory models, and has been shown to moderate pathways related to food allergies in vitro. We sought to determine the impact of decaffeinated green tea extract (GTE) on the digestion of gliadin protein in vitro and the effect of physical interactions with GTE on the ability of gliadin to stimulate celiac disease-related symptoms in vitro.

METHODS AND RESULTS:
Complexation of GTE and gliadin in vitro was confirmed by monitoring increases in turbidity upon titration of GTE into a gliadin solution. We observed this phenomenon again during in vitro digestion when gliadin was exposed to the digestive proteases pepsin and trypsin. SDS-PAGE and enzymatic assays revealed that GTE inhibited digestive protease activity and gliadin digestion. Using differentiated Caco-2 cell monolayers as a model of the small intestinal epithelium, we found that complexation of gliadin with GTE reduces gliadin-stimulated monolayer permeability and the release of interleukin (IL)-6 and -8.

CONCLUSION:
Our findings provide support for the potential beneficial effects of GTE as an adjuvant therapy for celiac disease through direct interaction between gliadin proteins and green tea polyphenols.

michael94

What do you advice for deeply buried grief?
idk... life is harder than death sometimes. Especially lately, it seems like there is less downtime between challenges that get thrown our way, compared to say 6 or 7 years ago. But thats just my perception.

If you take any sort of tea with casein ( like in milk or something, even if a little bit ) it blocks a lot of the toxic effects associated with tea and nitric oxide.

here they talk about it as a negative, but the nitric oxide spike is not desirable

For Vascular Benefit of Black Tea, Hold the Milk

If I ever have tea I prefer pu-erh but Im less picky about that sort of stuff than i used to be.

TreasureVibe

idk... life is harder than death sometimes. Especially lately, it seems like there is less downtime between challenges that get thrown our way, compared to say 6 or 7 years ago. But thats just my perception.

If you take any sort of tea with casein ( like in milk or something, even if a little bit ) it blocks a lot of the toxic effects associated with tea and nitric oxide.

here they talk about it as a negative, but the nitric oxide spike is not desirable

For Vascular Benefit of Black Tea, Hold the Milk

If I ever have tea I prefer pu-erh but Im less picky about that sort of stuff than i used to be.
Tea is full of fluoride! Is Your Tea Loaded with Toxic Fluoride? I avoid tea because of it.

And yeah, society is getting tougher. More gets asked from us citizens than before.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals