Aspirin Not Taking Away Pain

Luann

So I have noticed that neither the aspirin in my locker at work, or the bottle I have at home, seems to take away my headaches until about 2g of it. The tablets are still good, nowhere near their use-by date.

I have headaches I can't control about 3 times a month. They are not from food triggers, but I think from outdoor allergies and stress. Would be really nice if I could take aspirin for them without taking such a big dose. Any ideas why it takes so much?

Constatine

2g of aspirin might wreck your stomach. Be careful. Could be histamine induces headaches. Have you tried feverfew?

Waynish

Everyone seems to say it doesn't kill pain as good as everyone else they've tried. I don't know from experience because I've never had to use painkillers for pain.

So I have noticed that neither the aspirin in my locker at work, or the bottle I have at home, seems to take away my headaches until about 2g of it. The tablets are still good, nowhere near their use-by date.

I have headaches I can't control about 3 times a month. They are not from food triggers, but I think from outdoor allergies and stress. Would be really nice if I could take aspirin for them without taking such a big dose. Any ideas why it takes so much?

I'm the same way, need at least 1.25 grams to feel much in the way of pain relief from aspirin. I've been taking mine in lose crystal form with equal parts baking soda and glycine to keep it from irritating / prevent ringing ears. It seems to work out well this way.

tara

Do you have some clues about what is causing or triggering the headaches? Ideally, you might be able to reduce or remove the causes, and that might make them easier to deal with. There are lots of possibilities - relatively simple ones like hunger, thirst, constipation, posture/muscle tension eg in neck, overheating, or more complicated ones like maybe mineral/electrolyte/fluid balance, serotonin, histamine, estrogen/progesterone balance, O2/CO2, other stress mechanisms ...

Personally, I haven't found aspirin very effective against headaches or migraines. Small amounts of coffee with it can sometimes make it more effective. They have never worked for me (and sometimes made it worse) for a headache involving hunger/undereating. They have sometimes been helpful on mild headaches when I've been well enough fed/fueled.

Hope you find a way to solve them.

OP
Luann

Luann

I'm the same way, need at least 1.25 grams to feel much in the way of pain relief from aspirin. I've been taking mine in lose crystal form with equal parts baking soda and glycine to keep it from irritating / prevent ringing ears. It seems to work out well this way.

I did a little digging, Captain Coconut, and I saw high blood lipids listed as a reason for being unresponsive to painkillers like aspirin.

In my case at least this is a possible cause. When it comes to eating, sleeping, and relaxing enough to keep fatty acids from being burned, I am a work in progress.

Dobbler

Aspirin is useless against full blown migraine , and for me personally any type of headache. I dont know about its effectiveness for other areas of pain.

OP
Luann

Luann

@tara I have looked into some of the causes you mentioned.

I am sensitive to high endotoxin (milk powder, gelatin, cheese, cocoa) and certain plant pollens. As a child I was in two car accidents, both from the rear of the car, and I think I "flashback" to that on emotionally stressful days.

Orange juice also makes my head hurt. Waking up too late to drink caffeine by a certain time, that's a big factor.

I also have found painkiller-caffeine combos to be a big help.

Thank you for replying and I hope we both find some relief (can't remember how your progress is going with migraines.)

OP
Luann

Luann

Everyone seems to say it doesn't kill pain as good as everyone else they've tried.

Aspirin is useless against full blown migraine , and for me personally any type of headache. I dont know about its effectiveness for other areas of pain.

Unfortunately this is my conclusion too... although aspirin does help me with smaller headaches. And, it gives me a little emotional lift sometimes.

I did a little digging, Captain Coconut, and I saw high blood lipids listed as a reason for being unresponsive to painkillers like aspirin.

In my case at least this is a possible cause. When it comes to eating, sleeping, and relaxing enough to keep fatty acids from being burned, I am a work in progress.

Ah, makes sense, I have experienced a good deal of pain relief from switching out the 2 or 3 daily tbsp of coconut oil I was on for good extra virgin olive oil. I haven’t been reaching for the aspirin really at all since I discovered the power of superoxide dismutase supplementation.

Lejeboca

I am sensitive to high endotoxin (milk powder, gelatin, cheese, cocoa) and certain plant pollens. As a child I was in two car accidents, both from the rear of the car, and I think I "flashback" to that on emotionally stressful days.

Orange juice also makes my head hurt. Waking up too late to drink caffeine by a certain time, that's a big factor.

Thank you for replying and I hope we both find some relief (can't remember how your progress is going with migraines.)

Re: stress headaches
Did you try vitamin B2? It is relaxing and good for mirganes.

Is it caffeine or coffee in the combo that is helping you, if it is the latter, you can try magnesium. It is good for some times of headaches too.

Maybe you can profit from a magic mushroom experience, to heal from childhood trauma.
link

Vitamin Supplementation as Possible Prophylactic Treatment against Migraine with Aura and Menstrual Migraine
Some researchers postulate that deficits in mitochondrial energy reserves can cause migraine or an increase in homocysteine levels can lead to migraine attacks; therefore, vitamins could play a vital role in migraine prevention. For instance, riboflavin influences mitochondrial dysfunction and prevents migraine. Genes such as flavoenzyme 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), especially the C677T variant, have been associated with elevated plasma levels of homocysteine and migraine with aura. Homocysteine catalyzation requires the presence of vitamins B6, B12, and folic acid, which can decrease the severity of migraine with aura, making these vitamins potentially useful prophylactic agents for treating migraine with aura. Menstrual migraine, on the other hand, is associated with increased prostaglandin (PG) levels in the endometrium, indicating a role for vitamin E, which is an anti-PG. Vitamin C can also be used as a scavenger of reactive oxygen species for treating neurogenic inflammation in migraine patients.

OP
Luann

Luann

Maybe you can profit from a magic mushroom experience, to heal from childhood trauma.
link

I don't think I'll be doing the mushrooms. I think the story you linked me to has a powerful few sentences on how trauma can affect daily life.

The vitamin link is so helpful. I'll be sure to look into how much I receive of those vitamins a day. Have a wonderful day, General Orange.

@Lejeboca do you mean a B2 supplement or a food source? I get B2 from the milk I drink but maybe would benefit from a supplement, it sounds worth trying. And it's not the coffee itself but rather the caffeine in a pain pill that seems to help the most.

Last edited:

hddmilk

Make sure that all the bulbs and monitors around you are at 50 to 60 Hz, do a physical test, don't just read the printing on the bulb. Also your electronics should not produce any coil whine.

Below are my two routes of reducing migraines.
Niacinamide 1000mg, Progesterone 400-600mg, two strong coffees (haven't tested those separately)
Would consider those safe. Twice it neutralized my vividly red eye and the feeling that the veins in it are about to blow (noticeably pulsing, slow processing, vision loss)

1'000 mg of Metamizole (isolated, without other medications) works too. Metamizole is considered unsafe, it can be fatal.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals