Aspirin And Acid Stomach

Frankdee20

So, I’ve only used Beyer Enteric Coated 325 mg Aspirin, and although people report the excipients in it to not be that great, I generally liked the product. It rarely ever burned fire in my belly, except when I was starting out low dose, until acclimation set in.

I was at the dollar store the other day, and picked up Assure brand, 325, regular Aspirin, with less excipients. I must say, this stuff is crap. Got a bellyache the first time, then today swallowed it whole, with 2 espressos, on a full belly, no alcohol, and plenty of baking soda in water shortly after. My belly is on fire, and I think I’m going to switch back to the other product.

Has anyone ever used this brand, or liked the enteric better ?

well enteric isn't good because it moves the whole pill into your small intestine through the duodenum. It will be burning you there too but you may not feel it. This is how people get serious intestinal problems from aspirin, to be honest

I would instead work on making the stomach be the place where it dissolves, and not feeling pain.

Taking it with niacinamide, vitamin C, coffee, gelatine, seems to work well. Also hot water, drinking the water without any visible particles (all dissolved), on a full stomach with food.

In addition, I find that treating stomach for H. Pylori, even eating a tablespoon of raw honey on an empty stomach every day, can really help increase tolerance for aspirin in the stomach.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

well enteric isn't good because it moves the whole pill into your small intestine through the duodenum. It will be burning you there too but you may not feel it. This is how people get serious intestinal problems from aspirin, to be honest

I would instead work on making the stomach be the place where it dissolves, and not feeling pain.

Taking it with niacinamide, vitamin C, coffee, gelatine, seems to work well. Also hot water, drinking the water without any visible particles (all dissolved), on a full stomach with food.

In addition, I find that treating stomach for H. Pylori, even eating a tablespoon of raw honey on an empty stomach every day, can really help increase tolerance for aspirin in the stomach.

Wow, lol. Damn, didn’t know what thanks

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

So basically, learn to develop tolerance to the stomach burn with the regular Aspirin?

So basically, learn to develop tolerance to the stomach burn with the regular Aspirin?

I took one gram of aspirin twice today with no stomach burn.

The other day I took 700mg of aspirin and my stomach BURNED. I realized I hadn't eaten for 2 hours so my stomach was empty. And I consumed it with a Coke, which slows the stomach emptying. Bad combo.

Some people have NO problem with aspirin at all. I do have a problem with it if I don't consume it respectfully. But if I do, it is not a problem.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I took one gram of aspirin twice today with no stomach burn.

The other day I took 700mg of aspirin and my stomach BURNED. I realized I hadn't eaten for 2 hours so my stomach was empty. And I consumed it with a Coke, which slows the stomach emptying. Bad combo.

Some people have NO problem with aspirin at all. I do have a problem with it if I don't consume it respectfully. But if I do, it is not a problem.

Ok, thanks

alywest

I know you guys are talking specifically about stomach acid burning but I feel that vitamin K should at least be mentioned...it's essential with aspirin. Also, try famotidine. It is a stomach acid reducer as well as having serotonin antagonism properties and NO2 antagonism to boot. Seems like a no brainer if you're experiencing heartburn anyway. Also you could try taking aspirin through the skin, in the bath or via sunblocks like the coppertone spray in the aerosol cans.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I know you guys are talking specifically about stomach acid burning but I feel that vitamin K should at least be mentioned...it's essential with aspirin. Also, try famotidine. It is a stomach acid reducer as well as having serotonin antagonism properties and NO2 antagonism to boot. Seems like a no brainer if you're experiencing heartburn anyway. Also you could try taking aspirin through the skin, in the bath or via sunblocks like the coppertone spray in the aerosol cans.

Aerosol Aspirin? Can’t make this .... up.

I do take Vitamin K1, and K2, obviously not at the same time as Aspirin. Now I’m assuming the belly burn or discomfort I’m referring to is acid related. I don’t know for sure, but Aspirin and Coffee do produce a lot of acid. I take about a few teaspoons daily of baking soda, maybe I need more, idk.

L

lollipop

I have used Aspirin every time with cold milk. 8 oz milk with two 325mg uncoated Gericare Aspirin. Never once had a problem or a burn. @Frankdee20 maybe the brand? Gericare (bought of Amazon) has worked great for the last two years...

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I have used Aspirin every time with cold milk. 8 oz milk with two 325mg uncoated Gericare Aspirin. Never once had a problem or a burn. @Frankdee20 maybe the brand? Gericare (bought of Amazon) has worked great for the last two years...

It could be the brand, after all it was dollar store crap. I’ll buy uncoated at CVS

meatbag

gericare has never given me problemos.

I know using baking soda has been mentioned but rather than taking it after the aspirin I always dissolve in near boiling water and then add a ~tsp+ baking soda to make sodium salicylate which is easier on the stomach, to achieve its beneficial effects the aspirin (acetylsalicylate) has to be hydrolyzed (removing the acetyl group and leaving salicylic acid) in the body anyway so it better to just to do it in a mug and make it into a safer form by reacting with the baking soda before ingesting.

Got this idea from reading the forum
Also there are some products that are sold as a powder with baking soda and caffeine as well, can't remember the name.

Ray said with the coated ones you can do the same thing and all the coating will float to the bottom and you can drink the sour water, if adding baking soda to that you should probably pour off the 'sour water' before reacting or else it could dissolve the undesirable coatings

Last edited:

meatbag

you could also just buy salicylic acid and react it with baking soda, probz cheaper and I don't think its as regulated as aspirin powder and stuff, likely cheaper as well

tara

I take about a few teaspoons daily of baking soda, maybe I need more, idk.
???
Do you have reason to think you need this? How are you assessing safe dose for yourself?
I don't know if you are supplementing calcium in any form as well, but if so, I'd recommend reading up on milk-alkali syndrome and either reducing the baking soda significantly, or finding a way to measure what's going on to make sure you don't over do it.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

???
Do you have reason to think you need this? How are you assessing safe dose for yourself?
I don't know if you are supplementing calcium in any form as well, but if so, I'd recommend reading up on milk-alkali syndrome and either reducing the baking soda significantly, or finding a way to measure what's going on to make sure you don't over do it.

Lol, uh oh. I take baking soda occasionally, like after a rough night of drinking, or in conjunction with Aspirin. I never measure, I just pour a bit out of the box, dissolving in water. I don’t take Calcium supplements, I get it via Almond Milk or Yogurt. I do supplement Magnesium though. Should I not take baking soda Tara ? Like am I going to blow up ?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Tara, I was just reading that, it’s scary stuff. I will stop the baking soda, and just take a better type of Aspirin. The baking soda has been a recent thing, and off and on. Thank god I wasn’t supplying Calcium from supplements or antacids. Seriously, like I have no belly or digestive issues at all, obviously hard liquor can make one acidic the next day, I also drink coffee and use aspirin. So I thought it would not hurt to drink baking soda. Like a small amount in water, but I should be measuring it.

tara

Tara, I was just reading that, it’s scary stuff. I will stop the baking soda, and just take a better type of Aspirin. Thank god I wasn’t supplying Calcium from supplements or antacids.
Mixing a little baking soda in with the water you are dissolving aspirin may be helpful - I'm not trying to talk you out of that. Someone has posted the most useful ratio, but I don't remember. If it's all reacted with the aspirin, so you are not getting the baking soda itself, it's a different thing.
Even several teaspoons if it's just once in a while may be fine if you are not teetering on the edge already. But a few teaspoons regularly seems potentially problematic. Unless you were testing yourself somehow to check you are staying inside safe parameters.

tara

Tara, I was just reading that, it’s scary stuff. I will stop the baking soda, and just take a better type of Aspirin. Thank god I wasn’t supplying Calcium from supplements or antacids.
Now just read about the effects of excessive alcohol, too, and adjust accordingly. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals