Ashwagandha For Subclinical Hypothyroid

I took it few years ago for a while. At first i loved how it made me feel warm and relaxed but after a couple of weeks i felt like i was in a dream all the time or something. Weird brain fog.

Constatine

I took it few years ago for a while. At first i loved how it made me feel warm and relaxed but after a couple of weeks i felt like i was in a dream all the time or something. Weird brain fog.
Me too. An effect I consistently get from anything that raises serotonin.

BibleBeliever

Me too. An effect I consistently get from anything that raises serotonin.
Any other effects that are sure signs of increased serotonin?
I decided to have some yesterday/today; havn't had any in maybe a year?
The first noticable effect was extraordinary arousal; so I used that energy for a very good workout. Many wrestler bridges forwards, backwards, bride presses, dive bomber push ups, sprints, jump rope and on and on.

I noticed a great increase in muscular stamina. Metabolism stimulated greater than usual and thus hunger. Muscular pump much higher.

Did not notice any irritability or agitation.

Consumed with jamaican ginger beer; ginger being anti-serotonin.

I had 2 grams of the powder. 2 grams a few hours later because I felt so good. Many of the studies were on 5 grams; divided into 2.5 grams twice per day; showing a huge decrease in cortisol l and a high boost in testosterone.

Is it possible the brain fog you speak of is simply a strong cortisol reduction; i.e lack of stress causes dream-like relaxation? Or are there methods to tell that it definitely is serotonin?

Constatine

Any other effects that are sure signs of increased serotonin?
I decided to have some yesterday/today; havn't had any in maybe a year?
The first noticable effect was extraordinary arousal; so I used that energy for a very good workout. Many wrestler bridges forwards, backwards, bride presses, dive bomber push ups, sprints, jump rope and on and on.

I noticed a great increase in muscular stamina. Metabolism stimulated greater than usual and thus hunger. Muscular pump much higher.

Did not notice any irritability or agitation.

Consumed with jamaican ginger beer; ginger being anti-serotonin.

I had 2 grams of the powder. 2 grams a few hours later because I felt so good. Many of the studies were on 5 grams; divided into 2.5 grams twice per day; showing a huge decrease in cortisol l and a high boost in testosterone.

Is it possible the brain fog you speak of is simply a strong cortisol reduction; i.e lack of stress causes dream-like relaxation? Or are there methods to tell that it definitely is serotonin?
I am very sensitive to the effects of any serotonin agonist as I get a migraine and altered perception. I definitely get this from ashwagandha extracts like ksm-66 but not necessarily the root powder. Nevertheless I think ashwagandha is a great herb with an incredible amount of research to back it up. But for me more powerful extracts are not better.

Frankdee20

Yeah, see I don't know how to assess your brain fog issues, specifically that it's from Serotonin agonism. Ashwaganda effects a lot of neural circuitry, it attenuates 5ht1a, augments GABA/Glycine, blocks the acetylcholinesterase enzyme, hits the Thyroid, attenuates cortisol, maybe augments 5ht2a. I just don't know what is attributable to what myself.

Frankdee20

Even SJW isn't strictly a Serotonin herb, a lot of herbs hit different systems. Even Valerian, known for its effects on GAD, and GABA, does hit specific Serotonin receptors, good ones though.

Frankdee20

We can't always completely block this ***t, and whose to say complete eradication is the ideal way to go.

DaveFoster

Even SJW isn't strictly a Serotonin herb, a lot of herbs hit different systems.
I'd argue that SJW's hit the system, and they're very serotonergic.

maxresdefault.jpg

Frankdee20

I'd argue that SJW's hit the system, and they're very serotonergic.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, SJW is primarily a Serotoninergic, but seems to have other activity as well. I don't know through which mechanism, be it MAO inhibition, cytochrome P450, reuptake, etc., but my point is a lot of herbs act on more than one neurotransmitter.

Frankdee20

Like Nicotine for example, primarily acetylcholine agonism, but I've seen mechanism of action effect other systems via MAO inhibition.

Nokoni

Frankdee20

Okay, it's established that SJW is a serotoninergic, yes, and Judas ratted to Romans while Jesus slept.

Frankdee20

So classify Ashwaganda then, please, be my guest.

Frankdee20

Don't say it's a Serotoninergic primarily.

Frankdee20

A lot of systems that SJW herb seems to hit huh ?

Frankdee20

What's that look, SJW seems to have multiple systemic effects, well I'll be damned !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals