"Adrenal Recovery Soup," *also Testing Adrenal Fatigue Using Pupil Dilation

Hey, just tried this stuff. Works great, very refreshing. Admittedly I replaced the tomato juice with more chicken broth and omitted the celery because they weren't in stock at the store. The zucchini was mush and the green beans were very soft which makes a big difference in digestion.

1A) 16oz green beans
1 cup celery
1 zucchini
1 medium onion
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon paprika
Black pepper to taste

*Combine ingredients together and simmer for one hour. Tada.

1B) -Get a flashlight, mirror, and a timer and go into a dark room.
-Shine flashlight across the eye (perpendicular, not straight on) while observing the eye in the mirror, specifically watching the contraction & dilation of the pupil.
-Observe the pupil contract tightly upon the light shining on it.
-Time how long the contraction stays tight.
-If the pupil dilates (gets bigger) within 2 minutes of holding the light steady, this indicates adrenal fatigue. Within another minute after the pupil dilates, it should contract again for a time before dilating again.

*This is a simple demonstration of muscle fatigue. When we are weak & exhausted, we are forced to stop and go more frequently before we make it to where we're trying to go.

Taken from 'Adrenal Fatigue: the 21st Century Stress Syndrome' by James L. Wilson, pg. 77-79, 146

adrenal recovery soup_3.jpg

Attachments

• adrenal recovery soup_1.jpg
    adrenal recovery soup_1.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 14
  • adrenal recovery soup_2.jpg
    adrenal recovery soup_2.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 15
  • adrenal recovery soup_4.jpg
    adrenal recovery soup_4.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 13

Elize

May be problematic for those with histamine related issues.

koreus

I tried the flashlight eye test and I didn't last 30 seconds before my pupil dilated. Is there a trick to it? Or do I have severe adrenal fatigue?

Twohandsondeck

I tried the flashlight eye test and I didn't last 30 seconds before my pupil dilated. Is there a trick to it? Or do I have severe adrenal fatigue?

No idea to be honest. Try again to see if you keep getting the same result on different days I suppose.

Twohandsondeck

Good idea, will report back. Would you recommend the book?

Definitely. It appeals to all readers in explanation complexity throughout. Very plainly written, too. Still works even if you skip around to different chapters. It's easy to see that the author is trying to help people rather than condescend them.

Last edited:

somuch4food

Ouch, it didn't take even 5 seconds for my pupil to dilate (it was constantly oscillating never still) and I feel exhausted today. I have dealt with fatigue for a long time.

Now, it's even harder with 2 young kids.

I will do the test again to see if the results match my fatigue.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
U Adrenal Fatigue From Pancreatic Insufficiency? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
metabolizm A Description Of "The Adrenal Type" Metabolism 14
S Top 3 Adrenal Fatigue Supplements Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
E DHT Decreases Adrenal Androgens Scientific Studies 17
Frankdee20 Relevance Of Adrenal Hormones For Thyroid Ask For Help or Advice 3
joshquintanilla Motor, Cognitive, And Affective Areas Of The Cerebral Cortex Influence The Adrenal Medulla Stress 0
A Adrenal Insufficiency, Bowel Problems, Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 8
A High Serotonin, Low 5-HT2C, Adrenal Insufficiency, HELP? Ask For Help or Advice 16
Hermes Adrenal Cortex - Worth It? Ask For Help or Advice 2
A How To Treat Adrenal Fatigue And How To Upregulate 5-HT2CRs? Ask For Help or Advice 23
Kali The Great Adrenal Fatigue Debate Danny Roddy 7
C Possible Nonclassic Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia ? Male Issues 12
Alex Jaramillo Adrenal Health Ask For Help or Advice 0
F Either Adrenal Fatigue Or High Cortisol And Estrogen Dominance Question Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 52
ddjd Why Does Adrenal Cortex (raising Cortisol) Help Me Tolerate T3? Ask For Help or Advice 51
Lokzo Rehmannia Glutinosa - Adrenal Tonic, But HOW? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 2
mayweatherking Chronic Potassium Depletion Increases Adrenal Progesterone Production -- Why? Scientific Studies 2
S Need Help With Adrenal Insufficiency Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 24
L R. Carthamoides Reduces Corrtisol Induced By PUFA, Restores Adrenal Function Scientific Studies 4
A Adrenal Fatigue And Hypothyroid Thyroid and Hormones 46
C Hairloss, Ejaculation, Vit D, Zinc, The Gut, Adrenal Up Regulation Hair & Nails 9
Katelove Adrenal Issue? T3? Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Elize Would Adrenal Cortex Increase Low Cortisol Metabolism 1
A Is Sudden Caffeine/Nicotine Intolerance A Sign I Am Not Longer Hypo/adrenal Fatigued? Ask For Help or Advice 24
M How To Reduce Adrenal Androgen Excess Supplements 1
Hazarlar Pressure In The Kidney/Adrenal Area! Symptoms, Causes 4
A Adrenal Insufficeny? Is There Any Validity To The Pupil Test? Ask For Help or Advice 1
F I Really Need Help With Thyroid And Adrenal Issues Metabolism 18
D Adrenal Hyperactivity In Young Men With MPB Articles & Scientific Studies 0
D Doubts Regarding Adrenal Fatigue Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 5
M Labs - Hypothyroid, Hashimotos, Now Adrenal? Help! Blood Work, Labs 11
J Adrenal Fatigue Real Or Fake? Symptoms, Causes 8
U Stuck Between Hypothyroid And Adrenal Insufficiency. And Poor Digestion Ask For Help or Advice 77
linnae Advice For Severe Adrenal Stress And Hypoglycemia Ask For Help or Advice 50
S Hyperglycaemia Decreases All Adrenal Steroids Except DHEA-S By 47-66% Scientific Studies 4
haidut Hypothyroidism (Cortisol, Prolactin And Adrenal Hyperactivity) Causes Balding Scientific Studies 271
FD8 Thyroid Or Adrenal ? Is Pregnenolone The Answer ? Ask For Help or Advice 2
javin How's My Adrenal Stress Test? Blood Work, Labs 1
haidut Circadian Clock Dysruptions Driven By Adrenal Activity (cortisol) Scientific Studies 0
E My Latest Results, And What Do You Honestly Think About Adrenal Issues? Blood Work, Labs 24
M Low Thyroid - Adrenal Burnout - Help Wanted! Metabolism 20
Y Cyproheptadine If You Have Adrenal Fatigue? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 9
M I Need Help With An Adrenal Tumor Messtafarian 31
Fletcher Greetings - Adrenal Extra Meet & Greet 11
A If it's not adrenal fatigue, then what is it? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Strongbad High Adrenaline & Cortisol, Hypothyroid, Adrenal Fatigue, How To Fix? Ask For Help or Advice 51
M Cholesterol / adrenal profile results Blood Work, Labs 10
M Has Any Body Here Successfully Recovered From Adrenal Fatigue/issues? Health 12
N PCOS, Estrogen Dominance, Hypothyroidism & Adrenal Fatigue Female Issues 13
B Adrenal fatigue, hypothyroid, severe PMT Meet & Greet 6