"Adrenal Recovery Soup," *also Testing Adrenal Fatigue Using Pupil Dilation

Hey, just tried this stuff. Works great, very refreshing. Admittedly I replaced the tomato juice with more chicken broth and omitted the celery because they weren't in stock at the store. The zucchini was mush and the green beans were very soft which makes a big difference in digestion.

1A) 16oz green beans
1 cup celery
1 zucchini
1 medium onion
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon paprika
Black pepper to taste

*Combine ingredients together and simmer for one hour. Tada.

1B) -Get a flashlight, mirror, and a timer and go into a dark room.
-Shine flashlight across the eye (perpendicular, not straight on) while observing the eye in the mirror, specifically watching the contraction & dilation of the pupil.
-Observe the pupil contract tightly upon the light shining on it.
-Time how long the contraction stays tight.
-If the pupil dilates (gets bigger) within 2 minutes of holding the light steady, this indicates adrenal fatigue. Within another minute after the pupil dilates, it should contract again for a time before dilating again.

*This is a simple demonstration of muscle fatigue. When we are weak & exhausted, we are forced to stop and go more frequently before we make it to where we're trying to go.

Taken from 'Adrenal Fatigue: the 21st Century Stress Syndrome' by James L. Wilson, pg. 77-79, 146

adrenal recovery soup_3.jpg

Attachments

• adrenal recovery soup_1.jpg
    adrenal recovery soup_1.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 59
  • adrenal recovery soup_2.jpg
    adrenal recovery soup_2.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 58
  • adrenal recovery soup_4.jpg
    adrenal recovery soup_4.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 56

Elize

May be problematic for those with histamine related issues.

koreus

I tried the flashlight eye test and I didn't last 30 seconds before my pupil dilated. Is there a trick to it? Or do I have severe adrenal fatigue?

OP
Twohandsondeck
I tried the flashlight eye test and I didn't last 30 seconds before my pupil dilated. Is there a trick to it? Or do I have severe adrenal fatigue?

No idea to be honest. Try again to see if you keep getting the same result on different days I suppose.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Good idea, will report back. Would you recommend the book?

Definitely. It appeals to all readers in explanation complexity throughout. Very plainly written, too. Still works even if you skip around to different chapters. It's easy to see that the author is trying to help people rather than condescend them.

Last edited:

somuch4food

Ouch, it didn't take even 5 seconds for my pupil to dilate (it was constantly oscillating never still) and I feel exhausted today. I have dealt with fatigue for a long time.

Now, it's even harder with 2 young kids.

I will do the test again to see if the results match my fatigue.

A.R

Hey, just tried this stuff. Works great, very refreshing. Admittedly I replaced the tomato juice with more chicken broth and omitted the celery because they weren't in stock at the store. The zucchini was mush and the green beans were very soft which makes a big difference in digestion.

1A) 16oz green beans
1 cup celery
1 zucchini
1 medium onion
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon paprika
Black pepper to taste

*Combine ingredients together and simmer for one hour. Tada.

1B) -Get a flashlight, mirror, and a timer and go into a dark room.
-Shine flashlight across the eye (perpendicular, not straight on) while observing the eye in the mirror, specifically watching the contraction & dilation of the pupil.
-Observe the pupil contract tightly upon the light shining on it.
-Time how long the contraction stays tight.
-If the pupil dilates (gets bigger) within 2 minutes of holding the light steady, this indicates adrenal fatigue. Within another minute after the pupil dilates, it should contract again for a time before dilating again.

*This is a simple demonstration of muscle fatigue. When we are weak & exhausted, we are forced to stop and go more frequently before we make it to where we're trying to go.

Taken from 'Adrenal Fatigue: the 21st Century Stress Syndrome' by James L. Wilson, pg. 77-79, 146

View attachment 20278

It’s interesting that the main ingredient in the soup is green beans. First time I’m hearing they have kidney healing properties. I will definitely be trying to add them into recipes thank you.

EustaceBagge

It’s interesting that the main ingredient in the soup is green beans. First time I’m hearing they have kidney healing properties. I will definitely be trying to add them into recipes thank you.
Beans have the shape of kidneys, it's very interesting how nature works.

Back
Top Bottom