Absorbing, Utilising And Retaining Electrolytes

BearWithMe

Apparently restoring proper intake of the electrolytes sometimes isn't enough to fix the deficiencies and restore natural balance. How to make sure the body will properly absorb, utilise and (most importantly) retain all the needed electrolytes to prevent dehydration and associated symptoms?

SOMO

1. Sodium
Salt your food most heavily for the Natrium. Just when you think you’ve reached the level of salt on your food where it will be “too salty” dump another half teaspoon of salt onto your food, for anything less and you will surely perish. If your family gives you stares and comments how “that’s too much salt, don’t you know Sodium can kill you and raise your blood pressure?” - you may choose to ignore them, for they are just salty.

2. CO2 and Sodium
Soda for Baking, also know by other names such as:
-Baking Soda
-Bicarbonate of Soda
-Sodium Bicarbonate
-BS (but it’s not bull****)
-Arm & Hammer
-Antacid tablets
-The Cancer Cure Doctors Aren’t Telling You About (no, seriously there are many articles on Vegan Mommy-Blogs that claim baking soda cures cancer.)

Sodium Bicarbonate is 27.37% Sodium by weight, yes the same kind of Sodium as table salt. So 1 gram of BS would provide 273 milligrams of Sodium. So drinking or consuming baking soda can replace some of your daily Sodium requirements.

But wait! Before you go dousing your potatoes and steak with baking soda you should know that this particular sodium compound has an utterly vile taste that, in higher doses, can be described as...”fishy.”

Advanced Tip only for Veterans of Baking Soda: Add 0.5 teaspoons or 1 gram of BS to any Fruit Juice to make a fizzy, fruity, frothy drink for your family and friends. Your friends are sure to savor this sweet, sparkling seltzer and “Snapchat” it or whatever the kids are doing nowadays.

You can also get Sodium electrolytes from delicious MSG (Monosodium Glutamate), which is 30% Sodium by weight, but the Piper is to be paid his due for salting your foodstuffs with MSG. Sure, you can enjoy your fried rice and fried meats, but you will also enjoy fried neurons. This delicious, arcane substance alchemically formed from fried Yeast that has been rolled around in a washer-dryer cycle, afterwards, this sludge is scraped down (by some underpaid factory employee, no doubt) and we further extract some neurotoxic condiments out of the slurry - MSG and Yeast Extract. The excitatory Marmite/Vegemite also naturally contain MSG and most Chinese-American takeout restaurants would no longer be in business if not for MSG. Unless you’re stuck on a desert island with no sea water around you (Nevada?), I would not advise getting your sodium from MSG, but if fried neurons are of no concern, I would say skip the salt and try cocaine instead.

3. Magnesium And Sulfur
Epsom Salt baths for the Magnesium and Sulfate. I find relaxing, hot baths most STRESSFUL after I found that a MINIMUM of 12 minutes is necessary for the Magnesium And Sulfate to be absorbed through your skin and by that point, if your skin does not resemble a prune you must be made of Teflon. 12 minutes is a long time for someone as impatient as I, and lets be real who has the time nowadays. But I find that playing a Danny Roddy YouTube videos while I’m soaking in the tub passes the time quicker (well, it doesn’t change the amount of seconds in a minute but my perception of the drudgery...dredgery?...changes and the 12 minute minimum can be reached.) Don’t tell Danny Roddy this, but while I soak in the tub I light some scented candles and it is as though we are on a romantic, candle-lit date.

4. Potassium
Partake liberally of Fruits and Potatoes, for the Potassium in them is of the highest quantity.

Ray Peat claims Potassium is an Insulin Analogue and lo and behold Fruits and Potatoes are found to be safe foods for Glucosurics, those with Sweet-Tasting Urine (how someone found out Diabetics have sweet tasting urine, I do not know and do not wish to know for urine therapy - regardless of its efficacy - is a rather unseemly practice, even more so when one discovers that it was usually the urine of BOY CHILDREN that was consumed liberally as libations. Urine Therapy has a lengthy, gross history and whether the urine is Sucrose-Sweetened as in diabetes, or full of youth steroids as in the urine of children, you will not find me consuming urine unless I’m stranded upon that desert island which I earlier mentioned...upon second thought, drinking urine IS a source of recycled electrolytes for much sodium and potassium streams out of our genitalia much like the streaming Fontana di Trevi in Rome.)

5. Calcium
The Limestone quarries from which the Sphinx from which the Sphinx was carved 4000 years ago (or 12,000 years ago if you subscribe to the conspiracy theories proposed by Graham Hancock and David Icke) are a most bountiful source of a bio available form of Calcium. Calcium Carbonate is sold as a supplement, but it is just ground limestone; unsurprisingly, when Vitamin/Supplement manufacturers attempted to market Limestone, people were reluctant to take it. Perhaps this was due to the misleading name - limestone tastes nothing remotely akin to the green citrus fruit Lime which bears a similar name. Mayhaps it was that people were reluctant to consume a drywall/plaster ingredient. Whatever the reason, these sly salesmen rebranded Limestone as Calcium Carbonate and the rest is history.
Calcium Carbonate comes coupled as a complexed compound with Carbonate which creates CO2 and contributes to the cycle of respiration.

Besides eating rocks, one may also attain Calcium from the Milch of Mammal Mammaries such as bovines, goats, sheep, Homo sapiens and if you’re feeling adventurous, even leviathans of the deep mentioned in the Bible, which are now known to be whales. Whale Milk much surely be a great source of calcium, proteid and fatty acids necessary for growth and it may be worth the risk to milk a whale’s udders (to the best of my knowledge, there are but 2 recorded reports of a whale eating a human whole, Jonah from the Bible, and Pinnochio. Well, 1 human if we exclude Pinnochio since at that point in the story, he was not yet a real boy human.)

Milch is indeed a fine substance for newborns and adults with adequate digestive juices to digest the dairy to a decent degree into its divided components. In adults, a strong constitution is needed to digest the mammary secretions (another name for Milk meant to discourage diary consumption by vegans). For those lacking fortitude the milch will ferment and whosoever fools themselves into forcing the milk down shall surely feel enough flatus to make a Friar curse “****, what foul smells formed from thy gullet.” Fear not, for the flatulence from milk is often temporary as the fermentative capacity of the bottom-feeders within your gullet adjust to the increasing Lactose, soon you will experience a more complete digestion of the milk and reap the rewards, including the surplus of bio available calcium that will surely make your bones and teeth strong enough to bite into unground Limestone.

Oh yeah, green leafy vegetables like Kale are also a rich source of Kale-Cium (wink). But Spinach is a trickster and thief, a whore masquerading as a Kale substitute. On paper, Spinach has a high Calcium content, but it is of the lowest quality and poorly absorbed as it is bound to Oxalate and excreted in urine and feces. It may even bind to the calcium in your teeth, as many experience a “weird astringent feeling” on their teeth after eating spinach. Cooking spinach reduces this unfortunate effect and may increase the calcium absorption from Spinach, so life is not all bad and if you enjoy spinach (as you should, because it’s quite delicious in an omelette) you can continue to consume it in cooked form.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

1. Sodium
Salt your food most heavily for the Natrium. Just when you think you’ve reached the level of salt on your food where it will be “too salty” dump another half teaspoon of salt onto your food, for anything less and you will surely perish. If your family gives you stares and comments how “that’s too much salt, don’t you know Sodium can kill you and raise your blood pressure?” - you may choose to ignore them, for they are just salty.

2. CO2 and Sodium
Soda for Baking, also know by other names such as:
-Baking Soda
-Bicarbonate of Soda
-Sodium Bicarbonate
-BS (but it’s not bull****)
-Arm & Hammer
-Antacid tablets
-The Cancer Cure Doctors Aren’t Telling You About (no, seriously there are many articles on Vegan Mommy-Blogs that claim baking soda cures cancer.)

Sodium Bicarbonate is 27.37% Sodium by weight, yes the same kind of Sodium as table salt. So 1 gram of BS would provide 273 milligrams of Sodium. So drinking or consuming baking soda can replace some of your daily Sodium requirements.

But wait! Before you go dousing your potatoes and steak with baking soda you should know that this particular sodium compound has an utterly vile taste that, in higher doses, can be described as...”fishy.”

Advanced Tip only for Veterans of Baking Soda: Add 0.5 teaspoons or 1 gram of BS to any Fruit Juice to make a fizzy, fruity, frothy drink for your family and friends. Your friends are sure to savor this sweet, sparkling seltzer and “Snapchat” it or whatever the kids are doing nowadays.

You can also get Sodium electrolytes from delicious MSG (Monosodium Glutamate), which is 30% Sodium by weight, but the Piper is to be paid his due for salting your foodstuffs with MSG. Sure, you can enjoy your fried rice and fried meats, but you will also enjoy fried neurons. This delicious, arcane substance alchemically formed from fried Yeast that has been rolled around in a washer-dryer cycle, afterwards, this sludge is scraped down (by some underpaid factory employee, no doubt) and we further extract some neurotoxic condiments out of the slurry - MSG and Yeast Extract. The excitatory Marmite/Vegemite also naturally contain MSG and most Chinese-American takeout restaurants would no longer be in business if not for MSG. Unless you’re stuck on a desert island with no sea water around you (Nevada?), I would not advise getting your sodium from MSG, but if fried neurons are of no concern, I would say skip the salt and try cocaine instead.

3. Magnesium And Sulfur
Epsom Salt baths for the Magnesium and Sulfate. I find relaxing, hot baths most STRESSFUL after I found that a MINIMUM of 12 minutes is necessary for the Magnesium And Sulfate to be absorbed through your skin and by that point, if your skin does not resemble a prune you must be made of Teflon. 12 minutes is a long time for someone as impatient as I, and lets be real who has the time nowadays. But I find that playing a Danny Roddy YouTube videos while I’m soaking in the tub passes the time quicker (well, it doesn’t change the amount of seconds in a minute but my perception of the drudgery...dredgery?...changes and the 12 minute minimum can be reached.) Don’t tell Danny Roddy this, but while I soak in the tub I light some scented candles and it is as though we are on a romantic, candle-lit date.

4. Potassium
Partake liberally of Fruits and Potatoes, for the Potassium in them is of the highest quantity.

Ray Peat claims Potassium is an Insulin Analogue and lo and behold Fruits and Potatoes are found to be safe foods for Glucosurics, those with Sweet-Tasting Urine (how someone found out Diabetics have sweet tasting urine, I do not know and do not wish to know for urine therapy - regardless of its efficacy - is a rather unseemly practice, even more so when one discovers that it was usually the urine of BOY CHILDREN that was consumed liberally as libations. Urine Therapy has a lengthy, gross history and whether the urine is Sucrose-Sweetened as in diabetes, or full of youth steroids as in the urine of children, you will not find me consuming urine unless I’m stranded upon that desert island which I earlier mentioned...upon second thought, drinking urine IS a source of recycled electrolytes for much sodium and potassium streams out of our genitalia much like the streaming Fontana di Trevi in Rome.)

5. Calcium
The Limestone quarries from which the Sphinx from which the Sphinx was carved 4000 years ago (or 12,000 years ago if you subscribe to the conspiracy theories proposed by Graham Hancock and David Icke) are a most bountiful source of a bio available form of Calcium. Calcium Carbonate is sold as a supplement, but it is just ground limestone; unsurprisingly, when Vitamin/Supplement manufacturers attempted to market Limestone, people were reluctant to take it. Perhaps this was due to the misleading name - limestone tastes nothing remotely akin to the green citrus fruit Lime which bears a similar name. Mayhaps it was that people were reluctant to consume a drywall/plaster ingredient. Whatever the reason, these sly salesmen rebranded Limestone as Calcium Carbonate and the rest is history.
Calcium Carbonate comes coupled as a complexed compound with Carbonate which creates CO2 and contributes to the cycle of respiration.

Besides eating rocks, one may also attain Calcium from the Milch of Mammal Mammaries such as bovines, goats, sheep, Homo sapiens and if you’re feeling adventurous, even leviathans of the deep mentioned in the Bible, which are now known to be whales. Whale Milk much surely be a great source of calcium, proteid and fatty acids necessary for growth and it may be worth the risk to milk a whale’s udders (to the best of my knowledge, there are but 2 recorded reports of a whale eating a human whole, Jonah from the Bible, and Pinnochio. Well, 1 human if we exclude Pinnochio since at that point in the story, he was not yet a real boy human.)

Milch is indeed a fine substance for newborns and adults with adequate digestive juices to digest the dairy to a decent degree into its divided components. In adults, a strong constitution is needed to digest the mammary secretions (another name for Milk meant to discourage diary consumption by vegans). For those lacking fortitude the milch will ferment and whosoever fools themselves into forcing the milk down shall surely feel enough flatus to make a Friar curse “****, what foul smells formed from thy gullet.” Fear not, for the flatulence from milk is often temporary as the fermentative capacity of the bottom-feeders within your gullet adjust to the increasing Lactose, soon you will experience a more complete digestion of the milk and reap the rewards, including the surplus of bio available calcium that will surely make your bones and teeth strong enough to bite into unground Limestone.

Oh yeah, green leafy vegetables like Kale are also a rich source of Kale-Cium (wink). But Spinach is a trickster and thief, a whore masquerading as a Kale substitute. On paper, Spinach has a high Calcium content, but it is of the lowest quality and poorly absorbed as it is bound to Oxalate and excreted in urine and feces. It may even bind to the calcium in your teeth, as many experience a “weird astringent feeling” on their teeth after eating spinach. Cooking spinach reduces this unfortunate effect and may increase the calcium absorption from Spinach, so life is not all bad and if you enjoy spinach (as you should, because it’s quite delicious in an omelette) you can continue to consume it in cooked form.
This is beautiful, thanks for posting! Is that your text?

Korven

@SOMO Thoroughly enjoyed reading this, thanks :D

Careful with those scented candles though, think I read somewhere that they contain nasty chemicals. Or perhaps that's fake news and the calming effect outweighs any candle toxin damage...

Jing

How do you deal with being constantly thirsty after high salt meals Though?

SOMO

How do you deal with being constantly thirsty after high salt meals Though?

I personally do not experience this effect, so perhaps I am special. But in all fairness to sufferers of sodium-induced thirst, I do drink a fair amount of liquids throughout the day - mostly coffee (which will cause you excrete l more Sodium) and fruit smoothies.

I think thirst is a sign of Diabetes or Electrolyte Deficiency, not Water Deficiency. If you experience thirst frequently,

Also if your mouth feels dry, I would rinse with Xylitol. Alternatively, rinse with isotonic saline solution (0.9% sodium) which can be made at home moonshine style or purchaseD at any Walgreens/CVS.

Jing

I personally do not experience this effect, so perhaps I am special. But in all fairness to sufferers of sodium-induced thirst, I do drink a fair amount of liquids throughout the day - mostly coffee (which will cause you excrete l more Sodium) and fruit smoothies.

I think thirst is a sign of Diabetes or Electrolyte Deficiency, not Water Deficiency. If you experience thirst frequently,

Also if your mouth feels dry, I would rinse with Xylitol. Alternatively, rinse with isotonic saline solution (0.9% sodium) which can be made at home moonshine style or purchaseD at any Walgreens/CVS.
I only get the thirst with high salt meals.

SOMO

@SOMO I can see you have taken some of your writing style from @Amazoniac

Nice post :D

Amazoniac who first brought to my attention the Classical verbiage and spelling of commonly used terms; terms we throw around as freely as youngins dancing gayly ‘round the maypole in the town square.

The more one becomes antiquated with physiology textbooks from 100 years ago, they begin to see how erroneous is our current spelling.

You can imagine my utter horror and embarrassment upon discovering I’ve been spelling Milch and Proteid incorrectly since I first mastered the #2 pencil in kindergarten. One can only atone and use the proper spelling henceforth, posthaste. But how many souls have I led misled with “Milk this” and “Milk that” doth I wonder often.

2020: “Milk is a good source of Protein, but makes you fart.“
Supposed to be: “Milch may be considered a goodly source of proteid, but mustn’t be partook by whomever possess enfeebled constitution or by the infirm. ”

Someday soon I shall quill up a strongly-worded letter to my elementary school instructors and chastise them for leading myself and countless children astray.

In all seriousness, the best physiology textbooks are the oldest ones because this is before they were bastardized and corrupted by Big Pharma. Prior to whence such dogma became codified they would conduct all manner of arcane spells and rituals to gain eldritch knowledge. One textbook mentioned starving canines (read: cute puppies) and measuring the quantity of feces they produced with no food in their stomach. Their discovery was modest and would be discovered 100 years later when people began to do juice fasting - that the animal continues to produce solid feces even in the absence of solid food. We now know that most of the stool is not food, but somatid germs, their decaying microscopic carcassss and intestinal epithelial cells.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Is anyone aware of Ray having posted general recommendations for the amounts or ratios we should consume the electrolytes in?

- Calcium to phosphorus should be 1:1 up to maybe even 2:1 in favor of calcium to phosphorus.
- Salt intake should be plenty.
- When your thyroid is good and you are getting plenty of sugar, you don't have to worry about any other minerals. Because with good thyroid function, the body will keep the homeostasis even with very low dietary intake.

- Calcium to phosphorus should be 1:1 up to maybe even 2:1 in favor of calcium to phosphorus.
- Salt intake should be plenty.
- When your thyroid is good and you are getting plenty of sugar, you don't have to worry about any other minerals. Because with good thyroid function, the body will keep the homeostasis even with very low dietary intake.
Appreciate it!

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

To answer my own question:
After 14 months of researching and experimenting, I think having enough stomach acid and good thyroid function are the two most important things in absorbing, utilising and retaining electrolytes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals