A few questions for a beginner to cypro

DKayJoe

Just started taking this myself, started with one pill split up into quarters over the day and serious drowsiness hit. The upside of this is I can tolerate coffee now, within 2 weeks I'm up to 20mg a day (5 pills spread throughout the day) and balanced out with 4 strong cups of coffee with plenty of milk and sugar and two of the cups taken with 300mg aspirin, the effects have been incredible.

Massive increase in mood, libido, temperature in the extremities, mental clarity and my scalp itching has all but gone (hair loss), I'm not as active as I am off it although that's not necessarily a bad thing as I used to run around like a maniac for 12 hours at work, I still get the same amount done but in a more controlled way so if you do find you suffer from drowsiness on it try coffee.

My thinking with the coffee/aspirin is that it stimulates thyroid to combat the drop in cortisol/adrenaline that the cypro will give you.

OP
F

FredSonoma

DKayJoe said:
post 105780 Just started taking this myself, started with one pill split up into quarters over the day and serious drowsiness hit. The upside of this is I can tolerate coffee now, within 2 weeks I'm up to 20mg a day (5 pills spread throughout the day) and balanced out with 4 strong cups of coffee with plenty of milk and sugar and two of the cups taken with 300mg aspirin, the effects have been incredible.

Massive increase in mood, libido, temperature in the extremities, mental clarity and my scalp itching has all but gone (hair loss), I'm not as active as I am off it although that's not necessarily a bad thing as I used to run around like a maniac for 12 hours at work, I still get the same amount done but in a more controlled way so if you do find you suffer from drowsiness on it try coffee.

My thinking with the coffee/aspirin is that it stimulates thyroid to combat the drop in cortisol/adrenaline that the cypro will give you.

Damn really awesome to hear! 20 mg!!!!!!!! I've moved back down to 1 mg but this has me kinda tempted to up it again haha. I feel a LOT of adrenaline right now - I also just added in 15 mg of Vitamin K - could that be compounding it? I'm wondering if I should try that Clonidine thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DKayJoe

FredSonoma said:
post 105788
DKayJoe said:
post 105780 Just started taking this myself, started with one pill split up into quarters over the day and serious drowsiness hit. The upside of this is I can tolerate coffee now, within 2 weeks I'm up to 20mg a day (5 pills spread throughout the day) and balanced out with 4 strong cups of coffee with plenty of milk and sugar and two of the cups taken with 300mg aspirin, the effects have been incredible.

Damn really awesome to hear! 20 mg!!!!!!!! I've moved back down to 1 mg but this has me kinda tempted to up it again haha. I feel a LOT of adrenaline right now - I also just added in 15 mg of Vitamin K - could that be compounding it? I'm wondering if I should try that Clonidine thing.

It absolutely destroyed me until I started pounding the coffee, and coffee absolutely destroyed me until I started taking the cypro. Once I added a bit of aspirin it seemed to work even better. I have some Thyroid S on the way but it comes from abroad so I only started using coffee/aspirin as a substitute until it gets here, I take life extensions K complex every other day so I'm not sure if that would worsen the drowsiness or not. It's important to bear in mind I don't want to stay on such a high dose for too long, it's just I remembered reading a study (I'm at work so can't link but I think hairdut posted it) about cypro really lowering prolactin, cortisol and hgh in doses of 24mg so my aim is to work my way up to that for a few weeks and then slowly taper off to 8mg or so a day.
It also might be worth noting that I have a nocturnal sleep pattern so it might effect me differently, I actually drink a strong cup of coffee with aspirin right before bed along with some OJ to help keep the glycogen stores up while I rest.

OP
F

FredSonoma

I wanna take a couple days off from cypro - do I need to taper? I've been taking 2 mg a night.

Edit: also, is cypro the kind of thing that you can take a shitload of it once a week?

Edit2: over the past few weeks of using cypro, I've definitely had moments that I felt good - overall I feel much calmer and my mood is at moments very good. However, I just realized today that I've almost completely stopped hanging out with my friends at school - I see them because I live with them but I kind of just avoid them. People have just been really annoying to me since I started taking cypro. Has anyone else experienced this?

Giraffe

DKayJoe said:
Maybe not a good idea to use cyproheptadine and aspirin together. See Haidut's post here post 103528.

HustlinHussar

Take 2 mg about 2-3 hours before sleep. Do this until you are getting morning wood. I think that means prolactin is low and therefore serotonin is low.

your first time taking u will be drowsy the next day, but after a couple weeks, you won't notice the drowsiness. it will probably make it difficult to study on it, so you may need a lot of caffeine to compensate.
Would you still advise this course of action?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals