A few questions for a beginner to cypro

FredSonoma said:
post 104793
Peata said:
post 104790
FredSonoma said:
post 104784 Cypro seems to be flaring my arthritis - I've had a problem for 3 years where if I eat any starch / inulin, my left knee and feet hurt, and that's exactly what is happening now. Cypro seems to be making me feel better in some ways and worse in others. It doesn't seem like there could be enough starch in the pill to really effect me, could it be the cypro itself causing joint pain?

My guess is that the cortisol manufactured in your body, which was once masking pain and inflammation, is now lower due to the cyproheptadine.

Hmm I hope that's what it is! I seem to be jumpier though - my housemate just knocked on my door and I felt like my heart jumped, and my heart was beating fast for at least 2 minutes after. Wouldn't that be a sign of higher cortisol?

Cyproheptadine is putting your body in a position to raise metabolism. So just trust the changes you are experiencing. And that is high adrenaline if you feel your heart jumping. You may need clonidine.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FredSonoma

Peata said:
post 104795 How much have you been taking?

1 mg the first night, 2 mg last night, I feel so tired lol

Is there any way to take cypro transdermally?

NathanK

answersfound said:
post 104549 Take 2 mg about 2-3 hours before sleep. Do this until you are getting morning wood. I think that means prolactin is low and therefore serotonin is low.
Come to think of it, this is true. I didnt put those together for some reason.

Btw, I second that on the cypro. I wouldnt start taking it until I had a weekend where I had nothing important to do. The first 3 days are sleepy bliss.

Peata

FredSonoma said:
post 104806
Peata said:
post 104795 How much have you been taking?

1 mg the first night, 2 mg last night, I feel so tired lol

Seems like you are taking a lot to just start out, so it's bound to make you tired and feel different for a while. It's doing something. I second the idea of just sticking with it and seeing how you feel after you've been on it a while.

OP
F

FredSonoma

I'm an idiot, I started taking it the day before I had 4 exams in a row LMAO

Oh well I'm probably gonna do bad on these exams but I feel pretty good lol

OP
F

FredSonoma

Update: On day 6... holy ***t!! Felt like I took it for the first time yesterday haha almost feels like its been a trip

Overall I feel positive about it - I feel like it's forcing me to lay down and relax when I need to rather than running around on stress hormones all the time feeling like I need to do things. Libido is definitely better overall (except for today :( ) and I feel like I notice girls looking at me more lol. I generally feel calmer, less acting absurdly goofy bc I feel weird.

Pretty much the ONLY issue I'm experiencing is that I'm starting to notice that I feel mildly edgy, especially towards other people. People are just irritating me more than usual. I find myself just wanting to be alone, except for my one friend who is noticeably less estrogenic / less of an ***hole than other people I know.

I don't know what's causing it and it worries me a little bit - since starting Peating a big thing I have noticed is that I generally like people more, I assume because I feel happier. Has anyone else experienced this with Cypro?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
Update: On day 6... holy s***!! Felt like I took it for the first time yesterday haha almost feels like its been a trip

Overall I feel positive about it - I feel like it's forcing me to lay down and relax when I need to rather than running around on stress hormones all the time feeling like I need to do things. Libido is definitely better overall (except for today :( ) and I feel like I notice girls looking at me more lol. I generally feel calmer, less acting absurdly goofy bc I feel weird.

Pretty much the ONLY issue I'm experiencing is that I'm starting to notice that I feel mildly edgy, especially towards other people. People are just irritating me more than usual. I find myself just wanting to be alone, except for my one friend who is noticeably less estrogenic than my other friends.

I don't know what's causing it and it worries me a little bit - since starting Peating a big thing I have noticed is that I generally like people more, I assume because I feel happier. Has anyone else experienced this with Cypro?

Cypro is suppressing stress hormones, and if you don't increase metabolism through the use of caffeine or thyroid hormone, for example, this can be a stress in itself......I've had the same response, which is why I only take it at night....cypro is weird in that it certainly is a wonder drug for mood, but when you are on it, you can't wait for it to get out of your system.....I would start drinking more coffee to counteract the low dopamine from cypro and your problems should be solved....I actually find cypro makes me pretty depressed and just annoyed by people the couple hours before bed, but I always wake up feeling great and loving life...also it increases your appetite a lot so if you aren't used to eating as much as your body starts demanding, this can be a stress....I know it's a lot of variables to consider but they are important for understanding the med's effectiveness as a tool to help improve metabolism

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 105341
FredSonoma said:
Update: On day 6... holy s***!! Felt like I took it for the first time yesterday haha almost feels like its been a trip

Pretty much the ONLY issue I'm experiencing is that I'm starting to notice that I feel mildly edgy, especially towards other people. People are just irritating me more than usual. I find myself just wanting to be alone, except for my one friend who is noticeably less estrogenic than my other friends.

Cypro is suppressing stress hormones, and if you don't increase metabolism through the use of caffeine or thyroid hormone, for example, this can be a stress in itself......I've had the same response, which is why I only take it at night....cypro is weird in that it certainly is a wonder drug for mood, but when you are on it, you can't wait for it to get out of your system.....I would start drinking more coffee to counteract the low dopamine from cypro and your problems should be solved....I actually find cypro makes me pretty depressed and just annoyed by people the couple hours before bed, but I always wake up feeling great and loving life...also it increases your appetite a lot so if you aren't used to eating as much as your body starts demanding, this can be a stress....I know it's a lot of variables to consider but they are important for understanding the med's effectiveness as a tool to help improve metabolism

Okay thanks!

OP
F

FredSonoma

I have a Beast Mode headache right now lol... not sure why but I've had a bad one all day and it's really really bad right now, could this be from cypro?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
I have a Beast Mode headache right now lol... not sure why but I've had a bad one all day and it's really really bad right now, could this be from cypro?

how much did you take?

tara

answersfound said:
post 105464
FredSonoma said:

how much did you take?

And have you been taking consistent amounts? Not doing withdrawal? Does adding fuel help?

OP
F

FredSonoma

tara said:
post 105466
answersfound said:
post 105464
FredSonoma said:

how much did you take?

And have you been taking consistent amounts? Not doing withdrawal? Does adding fuel help?

I took 3 mg yesterday, 2 mg the 3 nights before that, and 1 mg the 2 nights before that

Eating sugar does seem to help somewhat - I think the problem might be low blood sugar but I'm not sure - the headache isn't as bad anymore but I feel really jittery

Edit: ALSO, i did 2 hours of really bright light therapy (2 feet from 2 big heat lamps) and I don't normally do that - I've done an hour or so before but not consistently. Is this something I need to not ramp up too quickly as well? Or could this, combined with the cypro, be using up sugar faster than usual and making me get low blood sugar?
I've also been drinking more coffee than usual, which I'm guessing could be just compounding the problem.

Also, my libido today and yesterday has been very low - the first 3-4 days of cypro I was a horny monster lol, I'm guessing this also indicates not enough fuel.

tara

Jittery for me usually means needing food/carbs. The cyproheptadine could have increased your fuel demands?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 105496
tara said:
post 105466
answersfound said:
post 105464
FredSonoma said:

how much did you take?

I took 3 mg yesterday, 2 mg the 3 nights before that, and 1 mg the 2 nights before that

Eating sugar does seem to help somewhat - I think the problem might be low blood sugar but I'm not sure - the headache isn't as bad anymore but I feel really jittery

Believe it or not, those are actually high doses....you may want to just stop completely and let your body return to its normal state and then start very low like .5 mg

Also, are you sure your not taking any other supps like pregnenolone?

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 105498
FredSonoma said:
post 105496
tara said:
post 105466
answersfound said:
post 105464
FredSonoma said:

how much did you take?

Believe it or not, those are actually high doses....you may want to just stop completely and let your body return to its normal state and then start very low like .5 mg

No pregnenolone - I do drink fish head soup though, and I've heard, but I'm not sure, that it contains preg. I take Vitamin E, niacinamide occasionally, and Energin (10 drops / day). If I completely cut it out will I have withdrawal? What about doing just .5 mg or 1 mg tonight?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 105500
answersfound said:
post 105498
FredSonoma said:
post 105496
tara said:
post 105466
answersfound said:
post 105464
FredSonoma said:

how much did you take?

No pregnenolone - I do drink fish head soup though, and I've heard, but I'm not sure, that it contains preg. I take Vitamin E, niacinamide occasionally, and Energin (10 drops / day). If I completely cut it out will I have withdrawal? What about doing just .5 mg or 1 mg tonight?

Yea that's probably a good idea. With food and sugar.

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 105501
FredSonoma said:
post 105500
answersfound said:
post 105498
FredSonoma said:
post 105496
tara said:
post 105466
answersfound said:
post 105464
FredSonoma said:

how much did you take?

Yea that's probably a good idea. With food and sugar.

Okay thanks!

OP
F

FredSonoma

I'm not sure - but I think I might have high adrenaline. I seem to be jumpier than usual to loud sounds and a little jumpier in general. I know salt helps reduce adrenaline, but is there any other way, short of a drug?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 105696 I'm not sure - but I think I might have high adrenaline. I seem to be jumpier than usual to loud sounds and a little jumpier in general. I know salt helps reduce adrenaline, but is there any other way, short of a drug?

Take 500 mg or 1000 mg niacinamide before consuming coffee or thyroid.

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 105722
FredSonoma said:
post 105696 I'm not sure - but I think I might have high adrenaline. I seem to be jumpier than usual to loud sounds and a little jumpier in general. I know salt helps reduce adrenaline, but is there any other way, short of a drug?

Take 500 mg or 1000 mg niacinamide before consuming coffee or thyroid.

Okay thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals