Low Toxin Testimonials "5 Years on a LOW Vitamin A Diet! Yes, I’m still alive! 😉 … And, I’m healthier than ever. "

kYgirl

Cool, that’s where I was born and raised!
Upping the protein can take some time. I also use rice protein powder in oatmeal when I’m not in the mood for meat. :)
Wow! It really is a small world. I am trying to drink a brown rice protein powder and it’s awful lol. I’ll have to try it in oats.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Wow! It really is a small world. I am trying to drink a brown rice protein powder and it’s awful lol. I’ll have to try it in oats.
It sure is!
Yeah, sorry. It’s sort of an acquired taste which I forget about because I’m so used to it!
One meal that’s a big hit with my family is beef roast with cooked apples over rice.

@Blossom HI! I wanted to ask you if coconut oil does not pass through the liver and pushes toxic bile into the liver. I probably explained myself badly and it will be translated equally badly but I was looking for clarification. Thank you.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom HI! I wanted to ask you if coconut oil does not pass through the liver and pushes toxic bile into the liver. I probably explained myself badly and it will be translated equally badly but I was looking for clarification. Thank you.
I’m not sure about coconut oil pushing bile into the liver but perhaps someone else knows. The general idea in the low vA groups is that coconut oil (and fats in general) impair detox by promoting vA storage-“shoving” vA into the liver. There’s apparently scientific literature to support this idea but I haven’t personally looked for it. I do use refined coconut oil for cooking though without any problems.

Richiebogie

Congratulations to both Megan Stevens and Blossom!!

I am sure your testimonies are leading more people to success with the low-A lifestyle!!

kYgirl

It sure is!
Yeah, sorry. It’s sort of an acquired taste which I forget about because I’m so used to it!
One meal that’s a big hit with my family is beef roast with cooked apples over rice.
That meal sounds delicious!

Sampj97

It is not possible to eliminate vit A,, however this approach worked for her, regardless if this was less vit A or something else.
When you are 55 and you lived a little and tried different things, I am sure these improvements are welcome.
Well one could say the same about liver pate or any other high vit a food. Baked products like cake or shortbread contain up to 50 grams butter per serving. A couple of pieces of toast buttered is over 20 grams. So two snacks and a piece of cake and one is getting 5000IU of vit A a day because they thought butter was fine. Then they have eczema all over, alopecia, kidney failure, fibromyalgia , twisted bones and they blame the low A diet 😂
I'm saying no need to strictly avoid. Even small amounts of liver are extremenley high so important to avoid all of it: approx 15,000 IU in only 5 grams of beef liver.

You would start to overdo fat before you start to overdo A from butter which you are not supposed to do on this diet anyway. I don't see how you would get anywhere neart 5000. Even if you were to somehow eat 100g that would only be about 2k IU and that is way too high fat.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
I don't see how you would get anywhere neart 5000. Even if you were to somehow eat 100g that would only be about 2k IU and that is way too high fat.

A few pieces of buttered toast, a portion or two of cake and a few buttered baked potatoes, and I would already be well over 100g butter, and hence plenty of vitamin A, and I have done this in the past and kept slim. Some people on low carb diets may be eating meat with plenty butter. Others are making sauces, pasty etc.

Anyway I have spoken 😂. It should not be on the list. People can disagree.

RealNeat

Yes could be that or one of 100 other speculations.

However butter or ghee is not even close to low A and that's my point.
It’s a much more likely speculation, since gauging the depletion of Vit A is no easy task

Tarmander

Sorry for the confusion but it’s not me. It’s from a lady whose emails I’m subscribed to for recipes.
Not to make this about me but I’m almost at 6 years officially not counting 2017 when I ate that way inadvertently before hearing about Grant and reading his books in 2018.
Here’s my before and after fwiw. Please be nice-I’m turning 55 in 6 months! This is the best I could do for a quick comparison. View attachment 62428
lookin happy blos!

cfeehan

Forum Supporter
Sorry for the confusion but it’s not me. It’s from a lady whose emails I’m subscribed to for recipes.
Not to make this about me but I’m almost at 6 years officially not counting 2017 when I ate that way inadvertently before hearing about Grant and reading his books in 2018.
Here’s my before and after fwiw. Please be nice-I’m turning 55 in 6 months! This is the best I could do for a quick comparison. View attachment 62428

@Blossom Looking so lovely!

Could you share a few notes on these items - if you used / avoided these?

Coffee - I struggle so much to give this up because it's so good at helping my pooping cycle

Niacin - I'm up to 500mg 2x/day. I really do love the flush. But now I've let a neighbor but a little negative in my ear about niacin stopping weight loss. And it is true that things seem to have come to a grinding halt for me (but I feel very good and have other benefits, so don't plan to stop)

Fat grams / day - I love beef but I worry about the fat if I'm eating it 3x/day. I think I saw that you used a rice protein powder sometimes? How often? How frequently would you eat beef?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom Looking so lovely!

Could you share a few notes on these items - if you used / avoided these?

Coffee - I struggle so much to give this up because it's so good at helping my pooping cycle

Niacin - I'm up to 500mg 2x/day. I really do love the flush. But now I've let a neighbor but a little negative in my ear about niacin stopping weight loss. And it is true that things seem to have come to a grinding halt for me (but I feel very good and have other benefits, so don't plan to stop)

Fat grams / day - I love beef but I worry about the fat if I'm eating it 3x/day. I think I saw that you used a rice protein powder sometimes? How often? How frequently would you eat beef?

Thanks so much!
Certainly, with coffee I’ve been both off and on it throughout the past 6 years. Peat loved it and Smith hates it but I’m pretty middle of the road about it honestly. The last I read Grant drinks 1 cup per day. I personally believe you can detox and still have some coffee. It’s a tricky one to be sure because some people can’t tolerate it or moderate intake well and need to give it up completely. I’d rather see someone have a little coffee though especially early on if it helps while they dial in everything else. There was no talk about coffee at all when I started all of this so I didn’t even contemplate cutting back on it until 3 years ago. I just simply couldn’t work 12 hour shifts in the hospital on zero coffee. I understand that may not be optimal but sometimes in life we just have to settle with okay instead of perfect.

Niacin is a pretty new one for the low toxin community and for me as well. I feel like I’m about 90% or more through the detox process so I don’t really feel like I need it. I’ve tried it and enjoyed the flush as well but didn’t really notice any specific benefits. I’m actually to the point where my body rejects most supplements tbh. They used to help me but I must be pretty nutrient replete at this stage. The best I can say on niacin is that lots of people report that it helps them and they are newer to detoxing. I come from a slightly different angle on all of this because I started before Smith’s program was fully developed and I could never follow his recommendations precisely anyway due to celiac and oxalate toxicity from being floxed. It still seems to work though even when you make adjustments to fit your individual needs/context and lifestyle.

I eat beef most days and just choose the leanest cuts possible. For ground beef I always have 90/10 or leaner. I personally aim for 1g fat per kg body weight to maintain my body composition. I eat other meats as well especially turkey and chicken. I use rice protein specifically (made into bars that I can carry with me) for the leucine post workouts for building/maintaining lean mass. I’m post menopausal so it’s more crucial for me due to anabolic resistance. I think younger people and males probably don’t have to be so vigilant about protein timing after a workout. Rice protein is definitely not a substitute for real food. I do like having it in oatmeal though sometimes for a quick breakfast if I don’t have time to cook.

I hope that helps.

cfeehan

Forum Supporter
Certainly, with coffee I’ve been both off and on it throughout the past 6 years. Peat loved it and Smith hates it but I’m pretty middle of the road about it honestly. The last I read Grant drinks 1 cup per day. I personally believe you can detox and still have some coffee. It’s a tricky one to be sure because some people can’t tolerate it or moderate intake well and need to give it up completely. I’d rather see someone have a little coffee though especially early on if it helps while they dial in everything else. There was no talk about coffee at all when I started all of this so I didn’t even contemplate cutting back on it until 3 years ago. I just simply couldn’t work 12 hour shifts in the hospital on zero coffee. I understand that may not be optimal but sometimes in life we just have to settle with okay instead of perfect.

Niacin is a pretty new one for the low toxin community and for me as well. I feel like I’m about 90% or more through the detox process so I don’t really feel like I need it. I’ve tried it and enjoyed the flush as well but didn’t really notice any specific benefits. I’m actually to the point where my body rejects most supplements tbh. They used to help me but I must be pretty nutrient replete at this stage. The best I can say on niacin is that lots of people report that it helps them and they are newer to detoxing. I come from a slightly different angle on all of this because I started before Smith’s program was fully developed and I could never follow his recommendations precisely anyway due to celiac and oxalate toxicity from being floxed. It still seems to work though even when you make adjustments to fit your individual needs/context and lifestyle.

I eat beef most days and just choose the leanest cuts possible. For ground beef I always have 90/10 or leaner. I personally aim for 1g fat per kg body weight to maintain my body composition. I eat other meats as well especially turkey and chicken. I use rice protein specifically (made into bars that I can carry with me) for the leucine post workouts for building/maintaining lean mass. I’m post menopausal so it’s more crucial for me due to anabolic resistance. I think younger people and males probably don’t have to be so vigilant about protein timing after a workout. Rice protein is definitely not a substitute for real food. I do like having it in oatmeal though sometimes for a quick breakfast if I don’t have time to cook.

I hope that helps.

Yes, thank you! That helps a lot. 57, post-menopausal here. As with all things, I keep experimenting with small changes within the bigger framework to see what causes a shift in a positive direction.

I love beef but I think I will cut it back just a bit and swap in a bit more chicken/turkey. It could be that it's pushing my fat % too high. Thanks for the idea about the rice protein in oatmeal.

I just finished the Abram Hoffer book on Niacin. Maybe it's all placebo from current reading / podcasts, but, I tell you, that niacin flush really feels like it lights up my brain. I know Garrett Smith doesn't recommend coffee and says that if you ARE going to have coffee, to take it away from the niacin. I'm finding myself getting to the time in the afternoon where I would normally have had a coffee and now I'm skipping it because I want the niacin more. That's an interesting development for me. It reminds me of something that Hoffer wrote (paraphrasing) about how he never tried to get his schizophrenic patients to stop smoking until AFTER they had started on niacin therapy, because the smoking seemed to actually be filling in a gap for them. It makes me wonder if coffee isn't similar (for me).

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@cfeehan, that’s wonderful! Yes, I’ve read so many good things about niacin. I really wish I had considered it earlier when I probably could have used the help. Always trust your inner guidance especially when things are moving in the right direction. Leaner proteins and lower fat in general seems quite helpful. Our protein needs do not decrease with age but our overall energy requirements do go down a bit. Best wishes ma’am.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals