3 day fast

tommyg130

I know this isn’t generally approved here, but sometimes a 3 day fast is the best thing you can do for a stubborn gut. If you’ve tried a bunch of things. At this point attempting an extended can’t hurt. You have to be open to new things. It worked for me. Thoughts or experiences for anyone else.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I am not sure what you mean but stubborn gut, but if the gut is causing problems and increased serotonin and endotoxin, yes, something like a long fast might improve symptoms. But the same benefits can arguably be achieved by nourishing the body with very easy to digest foods that will be absorbed in the body with no or minimal gut irritation. Doing it this way will spare the body from the fasted metabolism adaptations which I personally have suffered from in the past.

OP
T

tommyg130

I am not sure what you mean but stubborn gut, but if the gut is causing problems and increased serotonin and endotoxin, yes, something like a long fast might improve symptoms. But the same benefits can arguably be achieved by nourishing the body with very easy to digest foods that will be absorbed in the body with no or minimal gut irritation. Doing it this way will spare the body from the fasted metabolism adaptations which I personally have suffered from in the past.
Stubborn, meaning tried everything. And I agree that will work for some people. But absolutely nothing was digestible for me. I was in a period of chronic stress and a broken nervous system. Could hardly drink water. Nothing sat right in my belly

OP
T

tommyg130

And the things my brain wanted the most . Fruits and milk and honey and syrup etc caused the most discomfort. If I went carnivore I would feel okay in my gut, but I’d have awful blood sugar issues w out carbs

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Have you considered or tried fruit juice? Strained and sipped slowly is super easy to handle.
If that fails, something like a natural homemade lemonade with sugar might be good.

OP
T

tommyg130

Have you considered or tried fruit juice? Strained and sipped slowly is super easy to handle.
If that fails, something like a natural homemade lemonade with sugar might be good.
I tried everything. I’m telling you I couldn’t even drink water. For me rly what worked was just a good ole 3 day reset. On juices it rly lowered stress hormones but I just felt so bloated , especially if it was drank anywhere near a solid meal time wise

For better gut health do 3 day fast with bone broth only (may add some spices also).
You could also get everything out faster for better healing with magnesium oxide.

Aad

Fasting is the single best thing you can do for your body. Absolutely amazing.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I know this isn’t generally approved here, but sometimes a 3 day fast is the best thing you can do for a stubborn gut. If you’ve tried a bunch of things. At this point attempting an extended can’t hurt. You have to be open to new things. It worked for me. Thoughts or experiences for anyone else.
When are you going to do the 3 day fast? I was thinking of doing one this week Wednesday-Friday myself so just thought I’d check.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals