Day 3 of no starch update - More intense emotions

Grouptose

So today is day 3 of no starch, what I ate so far this morning:

Breakfast - Lamb liver, 1 glass of blood orange juice, large portion of papayas

I realized that I feel things a lot more, and this feels kind of liberating because I was still slightly numb from back when I took antidepressants 7 months ago, but after cutting starch it makes me feel pretty much the same as before I took the antidepressants, but with that comes that downside, I feel things more and therefore I'm more likley to get sad about things, or even bothered by things in general, it's not like I'm irritable, it's more like I care more about life in general which causes me to have a bit more anxiety, but the strange thing is it got rid of SOCIAL anxiety. I heard someone say once that general anxiety is linked to high dopamine and social anxiety is linked to high serotonin. Makes sense, I feel like I could talk to anyone with a normal tone of voice and not get all panicky/worried about people starting a conversation with me, but I get worried/anxious about things instead of people.

Another thing I noticed was that I see things the way they are rather than the way I think, things are more clear and certain things/information seem more obvious to me, I don't have to ruminate on thoughts because I feel confident that certain things are true, rather than overthinking "what if i'm wrong about this, what if this isn't the way it seems" energy is kind of gone. Which is good to see.

Also, bowel movements are good, no more diarrhea (which is confusing since usually eating more fruit causes more bowel troubles, but in my case it was the starch)

Last edited:

Fairykiller

Can you tell more bout what you eat? I always find I’m super hungry all the time when I reduce starch. Thank you!

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

Can you tell more bout what you eat? I always find I’m super hungry all the time when I reduce starch. Thank you!
The trick to stopping the hunger is eating fatty cuts of meat (or just any fat) right before eating fruit or eat it at the same time. The fat sort of creates a delay in the digestion, which makes the fruit digest slower, which helps keep you satisfied for longer periods of time. Also, you have to up your calories, especially with the fat, but also fruit. Find a fruit that you can eat and not get bloated even if you eat a lot of it, for me it was mangos and papayas (mainly) and I also add a few peeled peaches to support the caloric intake a bit more. So basically, one large fruit, and a few small fruits, with fatty meat and even some extra fat like coconut oil or olive oil, to slow down the absorption. Hope this helped

Dr.Fugazzi

Careful with mixing fructose with saturated fats. There's a solid evidence they promote non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.

That´s true. Dopamine is high when giving up starch, you finally wake up fully rested and with the enjoyment of living. Make sure you eat enough carbs, because I felt the same as you did, but in the long run it´s hard to keep sugar over 300g only from fruits, and that means that you will get over 30g of fiber which is not that great. High fiber diet in the long term makes me flat, with no emotions, so that's why I try to keep it low, under 15g, by adding some jam or honey. IF they are ripe fruits, then perfect.

Razvan

That´s true. Dopamine is high when giving up starch, you finally wake up fully rested and with the enjoyment of living. Make sure you eat enough carbs, because I felt the same as you did, but in the long run it´s hard to keep sugar over 300g only from fruits, and that means that you will get over 30g of fiber which is not that great. High fiber diet in the long term makes me flat, with no emotions, so that's why I try to keep it low, under 15g, by adding some jam or honey. IF they are ripe fruits, then perfect.
Don't listen to this guy, he changes everyday.

jet9

I have similar mental effects on starch free diet. I’ve been completely starch free for last 8 months and it feels great. Mostly doing it for mood / focus.

Problem sometimes I get too hungry (especially when it’s cold)

Also fatty meat plus fruit don’t mix too well in my experience. I try to keep fat lower, or at least eat fatty meal as last meal of the day when all fruits/sugars digested.

GreekDemiGod

I think if you’re doing no starch, you have to find a milk that works for you.
No starch and no milk is quite restricting.

Korven

I think if you’re doing no starch, you have to find a milk that works for you.
No starch and no milk is quite restricting.

+1

It is really hard for me to sustain a starch free diet without milk. And I have to drink ridiculous amounts to make up for the lack of starch calories, like 3-5 liters per day. But the pro-metabolic effects are undeniable. Meat and fruit diet is exorbitantly expensive and it's kind of impossible for me to source enough good fruit where I live.

Nomane Euger

+1

It is really hard for me to sustain a starch free diet without milk. And I have to drink ridiculous amounts to make up for the lack of starch calories, like 3-5 liters per day. But the pro-metabolic effects are undeniable. Meat and fruit diet is exorbitantly expensive and it's kind of impossible for me to source enough good fruit where I live.
where do you live?

Korven

where do you live?

In Sweden!

For me I find it more or less pointless buying supermarket fruit because it never tastes good, or its very unripe, it's very expensive, and so on. I do eat some frozen blueberries occasionally. Milk quality on the other hand is always very consistent.

Nomane Euger

In Sweden!

For me I find it more or less pointless buying supermarket fruit because it never tastes good, or its very unripe, it's very expensive, and so on. I do eat some frozen blueberries occasionally. Milk quality on the other hand is always very consistent.
dont you have acces to some tropicalvfruits that ripen after harvest like cherimoya/cinnamon apples?

Nomane Euger

Quelsatron

In Sweden!

take three days during the summer and go pick 100 kilos of blueberries, then you'll have enough for the next summer lol

TheSir

Careful with mixing fructose with saturated fats. There's a solid evidence they promote non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
1) No one eats pure fructose, which is how the studies are conducted.
2) Liver metabolism in regard to saturated fats and fructose differs considerably between rats and humans. It has been discussed in the forum in the past.

In other words, there exists no real evidence that combining fruits and saturated fat is harmful to the liver. For the most part, both are beneficial for liver health regardless of whether eaten alone or together.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals