World's largest four day work week trial is a success

stoic

These kinds of measures sound nice at first but make things worse in the long run, weakening the economy, increasing job competition, and making working days even more stressful as companies force people to work faster.

tankasnowgod

These kinds of measures sound nice at first but make things worse in the long run, weakening the economy, increasing job competition, and making working days even more stressful as companies force people to work faster.
Please. The only thing "weakening the economy" is central banks issuing fiat money with zero regard for actual production, and their government and big corporate lackeys that do everything they can to suppress free markets, individual achievement and innovation.

If you got rid of a lot of the fraud economy (including companies like Uber, Tesla, and Moderna), which are largely propped up by the same entitles listed above, and inflation, debt, taxes, and ridiculous regulations, people could probably work fewer overall hours, produce more at better quality, and have access to products like homes and cars based more on build value than loan value.

Missenger

Please. The only thing "weakening the economy" is central banks issuing fiat money with zero regard for actual production, and their government and big corporate lackeys that do everything they can to suppress free markets, individual achievement and innovation.

If you got rid of a lot of the fraud economy (including companies like Uber, Tesla, and Moderna), which are largely propped up by the same entitles listed above, and inflation, debt, taxes, and ridiculous regulations, people could probably work fewer overall hours, produce more at better quality, and have access to products like homes and cars based more on build value than loan value.
They're issuing fiat money while destroying production, specifically.

stoic

Did you read the article? Companies were forced to leave salaries unchanged in spite of the reduced productivity.

Either it was state companies, or the government gave them grants as compensation (as planned in Spain).

In other words, the government is using people's money to stop them from working...

TheReds

Did you read the article? Companies were forced to leave salaries unchanged in spite of the reduced productivity.

Either it was state companies, or the government gave them grants as compensation (as planned in Spain).

In other words, the government is using people's money to stop them from working...
Sounds Great either way. The economies must shrink, the kids will thank us in 20 years.

Fairykiller

They cut it by only four hours a week! That’s not going to ruin much. Besides the article said „productivity and service provision remained the same or improved“.

Michael Mohn

Don't exist? "Those living today"? Is that a Hard sentence ? People grow..

You said there will be no children in the future, there will be only those who are children today, remember Einstein?

So you want to reduce the economy to please people who won't exist. We can end the debate here, bye.

Hugh Johnson

So we shrink the economy to please people who won't exist in the near future. Super very good project indeed.
So what does "shrink the economy" mean? Working less hours? Sounds good. Having marginally less crap? Good. Having less unemployment? Great. Better public health?

I'm not seeing the problem with "shrinking the economy" whatever you mean by it. It is possible GDP will be a bit lower, but why should anyone care? Explain to me the negative effects.

Michael Mohn

No. But those living today.

So what does "shrink the economy" mean? Working less hours? Sounds good. Having marginally less crap? Good. Having less unemployment? Great. Better public health?

I'm not seeing the problem with "shrinking the economy" whatever you mean by it. It is possible GDP will be a bit lower, but why should anyone care? Explain to me the negative effects.
Sounds Great either way. The economies must shrink, the kids will thank us in 20 years.

I didn't made the argument. I'm just ambiguous about killing off children to reduce the economy. I'm also against importing hordes of 3.world barbarians into the west in order to keep up the economy. The economy should satisfy the needs of the people, not the other way around. Would be happy to kill globalism and limit the economy to national markets for most manufactured goods. If demographics go down so should the economy. Let them push out more babies. Ban abortions.

Last edited:

michael94

I didn't made the argument. I'm just ambiguous about killing off children to reduce the economy. I'm also against importing hordes of 3.world barbarians into the west in order to keep up the economy. The economy should satisfy the needs of the people, not the other way around. Would be happy to kill globalism and limit the economy to national markets for most manufactured goods. If demographics go down so should the economy. Let these bïtches push out more babies. Ban abortions.
People have trouble reproducing under stress and the financial enslavement will do that. Remove the idiotic economic system and its lies and native population will have no problem reproducing at healthy rates

Michael Mohn

People have trouble reproducing under stress and the financial enslavement will do that. Remove the idiotic economic system and its lies and native population will have no problem reproducing at healthy rates
I'm all for ending globalism and a healthy economic system but not having children, abortions and contraceptives are more a lifestyle choice and not economic hardship. I also think there're ups and downs in demographics and some decline is not the end of the world but the on going demographic decline in the west is problematic plus the current demographic explosion in Africa and Muslim countries.

Hugh Johnson

I didn't made the argument. I'm just ambiguous about killing off children to reduce the economy. I'm also against importing hordes of 3.world barbarians into the west in order to keep up the economy. The economy should satisfy the needs of the people, not the other way around. Would be happy to kill globalism and limit the economy to national markets for most manufactured goods. If demographics go down so should the economy. Let them push out more babies. Ban abortions.
Nobody is killing off kids to reduce the economy. How would you even relate that to anything here?

stoic

They cut it by only four hours a week! That’s not going to ruin much. Besides the article said „productivity and service provision remained the same or improved“.
I don't doubt that, but this was a small-scale experiment and both parties had an interest in making it work. And even then, I was just pointing out that long-term, large-scale implementation could have very different consequences.

It's not that simple though. In an increasingly regulated job market, companies will find it less and less profitable to create and keep jobs and might ultimately leave the country altogether. There's a reason why this experiment was conducted by state companies: only they can afford to. As the economy shrinks however, not even state companies will be able to keep the experiment going. The state will have to raise taxes and the people will be left worse off...

Michael Mohn

Nobody is killing off kids to reduce the economy. How would you even relate that to anything here?
I don't know where you live but in the west there's a clear anti natalist agenda that wants to reduce procreation of western people. There is non stop propaganda for contraceptives and against family. There's also a reduce the economy (make it a green economy) agenda.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals