Worlds Oldest Woman Eats Just Eggs, No Fruits Or Veggies

Morning Star

The common thread linking just about all these super centenarians is routine, what they eat seems to not particularly matter. It also appears that they smoke at higher rates than the general population.

Morning Star

It is natural that a person subsiding on the same thing year in year out would fare better thabn one eating different things all the time. Think, what animal, what human society in history save for ours, has eaten a wide variety of foods imported form all different regions of the world.

amethyst

The common thread linking just about all these super centenarians is routine, what they eat seems to not particularly matter. It also appears that they smoke at higher rates than the general population.
That's very interesting as well...and surprising.

amethyst

It is natural that a person subsiding on the same thing year in year out would fare better thabn one eating different things all the time. Think, what animal, what human society in history save for ours, has eaten a wide variety of foods imported form all different regions of the world.
Right. A squirrel likes nuts. Cows like grass and so forth. I've noticed when at times, I've drastically changed the way I was eating, I would have digestive repercussions as a result.

amethyst

What's also interesting is that her life doesn't appear to have been very joyful, at least according to what's found in that article. Not the kind of very stimulating life you'd expect from someone living long.

The very fact her later life was not stimulating could be a factor in her longevity.. I don't think we can surmise tho that she had a "joyless" life from the article- it says she kicked out her abusive husband early on in her marriage.

Ahanu

well there aren't obese people I've seen in this group. And most don't eat that much.
Just read this article about centenarians:"
“You might say, ‘OK, but after all we learned about their interaction between the environment and aging maybe [the centenarians are] just doing what the doctors are telling us to do now,” Dr. Barzilai said. “The answer is no. Fifty percent of them are overweight or obese. Fifty percent of them are smoking. Less than 50 percent are doing even moderate exercise.”
Interesting, no? I have to Check the Data but if half of them are realy overweight then weight seems not to Play an important role either.
assn.org/delivering-care/treat-aging-not-diseases-age-says-geneticist?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=Social_AMA&utm_term=721766599&utm_content=aging&utm_campaign=article_alert

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
Treat aging, not the diseases of age, says geneticist

fascinating...and Ray doesn't say "lose weight and live longer." I have never heard him say anything like that.

I've reviewed many studies of people who lost weight, or lowered their cholesterol, and they not only did NOT lengthen their life, but often shortened it.

Sadly, losing weight is often hazardous. For some, quitting smoking may be worse than continuing. The article mentions high HDL as good, or hints at it, just as Ray has said.

AND the article discusses how supplementing growth hormone is bad, again what Ray has been saying basically.

The doctor in the article is super pro-metformin, sadly.

Last edited:

Ahanu

Treat aging, not the diseases of age, says geneticist

fascinating...and Ray doesn't say "lose weight and live longer." I have never heard him say anything like that.

I've reviewed many studies of people who lost weight, or lowered their cholesterol, and they not only did NOT lengthen their life, but often shortened it.

Sadly, losing weight is often hazardous. For some, quitting smoking may be worse than continuing. The article mentions high HDL as good, or hints at it, just as Ray has said.

AND the article discusses how supplementing growth hormone is bad, again what Ray has been saying basically.

The doctor in the article is super pro-metformin, sadly.

thank you for posting a working link! yes you are right, i also never heard peat say that. i just found it interesting as it is some how common sense that obese people are not so healthy. Seems they are doing not so bad after all.

Peater Piper

Just read this: article about centenarians:"
“You might say, ‘OK, but after all we learned about their interaction between the environment and aging maybe [the centenarians are] just doing what the doctors are telling us to do now,” Dr. Barzilai said. “The answer is no. Fifty percent of them are overweight or obese. Fifty percent of them are smoking. Less than 50 percent are doing even moderate exercise.”
Interesting, no? I have to Check the Data but if half of them are realy overweight then weight seems not to Play an important role either.
assn.org/delivering-care/treat-aging-not-diseases-age-says-geneticist?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=Social_AMA&utm_term=721766599&utm_content=aging&utm_campaign=article_alert
It looks like this is the same study:
Even the Long-Lived Smoke, Drink and Don’t Exercise | TIME.com

Conflicting information though, this page states modern centenarians are usually lean:
Age Watch | Centenarian Studies

bistecca

I'm seeing a lot of people here claiming that diet doesn't have anything to do with it, because all of these centenarians eat different foods. If you really examine though, you would still be able to find commonalities in terms of the traits of the foods they eat, and the foods they don't. You also have to consider the sort of stresses they're exposed to, and the length of time that humanity has, as a species, had to adapt to those stresses. Alcohol, smoking, sedentary living, these are all things that are undoubtedly "stressors" but they have also been part of human society for as long as we've been human. We have systems that are very capable of adapting to the levels of exposure that are commonly found. A drink a day? Some smoke inhalation? Your body has systems to repair the damage caused by these stresses. It's when you lose context that stresses can become chronic enough to cause disease. Pufa at 1-5% fat calories in a nutritionally replete diet? Your body can adapt. Pufa at 40% fat calories in concurrence with exposure to BPA/benzopyrene/formaldehyde/car exhaust/heavy metals in water/a of cigs a day and a diet that lacks vitamin A? Problematic. So basically they all eat diets that are fairly ancestral(whole foods, enough nutritious animal foods, a source of glucose, adequate protein, all essential vitamins and minerals) and they eat them with regularity. A lot peats writing centers around endotoxin produced by fermenting fiber. Eating the same foods is conducive to maintenance of consistent gut bacteria. Consistency in the microbiome gives the body ample room to adapt gut barrier function and exclude absorption of those potential endotoxins, and also gives the immune system room to pare down bacteria and select for beneficial species. I think there is more to glean from these individuals than some are claiming.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals