Worlds Oldest Woman Eats Just Eggs, No Fruits Or Veggies

Thriving on raw eggs, world's oldest person marks 117th birthday in Italy

VERBANIA, Italy (Reuters) - Emma Morano, thought to be the world's oldest person and the last to be born in the 1800s, celebrated her 117th birthday on Tuesday, still swearing by her diet of two raw eggs a day.

Morano was born in November 1899, four years before the Wright brothers first took to the air. Her life has spanned three centuries, two World Wars and over 90 Italian governments.

Morano lives alone and has outlived all her eight brothers and sisters, including one who died at 102. She has thrived despite an unorthodox, unbalanced diet.

"When I first knew her she used to eat three eggs a day. Two raw, and one fried. Today she has slowed down a bit, reducing the number to two some days because she says three can be too much," her doctor Carlo Bava told Reuters TV.

"She has never eaten much fruit or vegetables. Her characteristic is that she always eats the same thing, every day, every week, every month and every year."

paymanz

Only eggs?!

I think she eats some breads with it, 3 eggs a day is very small food.

DaveFoster

I'm sure she subsists off of 300 calories/day. Worthless article.

"What do you eat besides eggs?" Nope.

paymanz

Maybe there is something especial about raw protein?!

Undentured protein!?

Regina

Thriving on raw eggs, world's oldest person marks 117th birthday in Italy

VERBANIA, Italy (Reuters) - Emma Morano, thought to be the world's oldest person and the last to be born in the 1800s, celebrated her 117th birthday on Tuesday, still swearing by her diet of two raw eggs a day.

Morano was born in November 1899, four years before the Wright brothers first took to the air. Her life has spanned three centuries, two World Wars and over 90 Italian governments.

Morano lives alone and has outlived all her eight brothers and sisters, including one who died at 102. She has thrived despite an unorthodox, unbalanced diet.

"When I first knew her she used to eat three eggs a day. Two raw, and one fried. Today she has slowed down a bit, reducing the number to two some days because she says three can be too much," her doctor Carlo Bava told Reuters TV.

"She has never eaten much fruit or vegetables. Her characteristic is that she always eats the same thing, every day, every week, every month and every year."
She is also likely to have had few sexual partners (if any).

Richiebogie

Maybe there is something especial about raw protein?!

Undentured protein!?

Raw eggs are easy to swallow. Good food if you haven't got any teeth!

On a serious note, Dr Joel Wallach mentioned that rare meat reduces risk of cancer while overcooked meat increases risk of cancer. I imagine our ancestors would have eaten raw eggs and raw seafood (eg oysters and mussels), so I have been trying this with raw fruit and a few Peaty extras!

Last edited:

paymanz

Raw eggs are easy to swallow. Good food if you haven't got any teeth!

On a serious note, Dr Joel Wallach mentioned that rare meat reduces risk of cancer while overcooked meat increases risk of cancer. I imagine our ancestors would have eaten raw eggs and raw seafood (eg oysters and mussels), so I have been trying this with raw fruit and a few Peaty extras!
Agree on benefit of raw meats but there is a risk for very nasty infections.I try to cook it at least enough to kill all pathogens.maybe sea foods you mentioned are bit safer to eat raw..?!

Richiebogie

Hi @paymanz,

Yes oysters are usually eaten raw. I have a market near home with a good fish seller. They get their oysters sent weekly unopened from various farmers around Australia. I prefer the ones from areas of low population. The market opens the oysters for us.

The eggs I eat raw are from a low density free range farm which allows the chickens to roam on grass and eat some worms and insects. I test each egg to see that it sinks in a glass. I let it sit in hot water for 5 minutes to warm up and then I open the egg and pour the white and yolk into an empty glass. If it smells ok then I swallow it. Each egg tends to stay together but clumps into the yolk and 2 clear parts.

There is a thread below about a 112 year old man who eats bananas, and takes caffeine & aspirin tablets!

Now I'm looking for old people who eat orange juice, carrots and potatoes!

X3CyO

That methionine tho

But foreal thats awesome.

Ahanu

The oldest woman ate 1 kg chocolate a week ,smoked 2 cigaretts a day and had a lot of Olive oil..

Ahanu

When one read about the different diets of people over 110 one can only conclude that diet has nothing to do with it at all.

OP
ecstatichamster
When one read about the different diets of people over 110 one can only conclude that diet has nothing to do with it at all.

well there aren't obese people I've seen in this group. And most don't eat that much. And most have habits that they follow for decades, they don't just eat anything, but the SAME things, it seems. I've read and watched a lot of accounts of these people and that is a common pattern, that habitual diet. There is a lot to be said for that.

amethyst

well there aren't obese people I've seen in this group. And most don't eat that much. And most have habits that they follow for decades, they don't just eat anything, but the SAME things, it seems. I've read and watched a lot of accounts of these people and that is a common pattern, that habitual diet. There is a lot to be said for that.
Hmmm...that's interesting. Perhaps it's because one's body assimilates a habitual diet better than introducing new foods all the time. ie: less stress because the body "knows" what is coming in. It gets used to the same stuff. No surprises, no stress. I wonder if there are any studies where some centenarians ate a varied diet. More than likely, I think it's more on the habitual diet side.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals