World's largest four day work week trial is a success

Hugh Johnson

It's not that simple though. In an increasingly regulated job market, companies will find it less and less profitable to create and keep jobs and might ultimately leave the country altogether. There's a reason why this experiment was conducted by state companies: only they can afford to. As the economy shrinks however, not even state companies will be able to keep the experiment going. The state will have to raise taxes and the people will be left worse off...
That is not how the economy works. If there is enough aggregate demand, they will keep hiring to fullfill demand. If the productivity per worker goes down, this might mean that the Icelandic currency loses a few percent in value, and thus the labour there becomes cheaper, which will balance it out.

Hugh Johnson

I don't know where you live but in the west there's a clear anti natalist agenda that wants to reduce procreation of western people. There is non stop propaganda for contraceptives and against family. There's also a reduce the economy (make it a green economy) agenda.
That, even if true, has nothing to do with any of this.

Michael Mohn

That is not how the economy works. If there is enough aggregate demand, they will keep hiring to fullfill demand. If the productivity per worker goes down, this might mean that the Icelandic currency loses a few percent in value, and thus the labour there becomes cheaper, which will balance it out.
The cheaper islandic labor force will certainly increase the export industy's profitability. Finally cheaper fish oil, Lol!

stoic

Companies were forced to pay the same amount, so I don't see why the labour would become cheaper.
And why would big companies stay in a country "to satisfy demand" if they can make more profits elsewhere?
By your logic, unemployment shouldn't even be possible.

Hugh Johnson

Companies were forced to pay the same amount, so I don't see why the labour would become cheaper.
And why would big companies stay in a country "to satisfy demand" if they can make more profits elsewhere?
By your logic, unemployment shouldn't even be possible.
Unemployment is a political decision, keeping aggregate demand low to reduce the bargaining power of labour. The rest you will understand if you look up how currencies work, and how their value can change. Just answer me this: How do you provide massages to Iceland from other countries?

stoic

Unemployment is a political decision, keeping aggregate demand low to reduce the bargaining power of labour. The rest you will understand if you look up how currencies work, and how their value can change. Just answer me this: How do you provide massages to Iceland from other countries?
Was it massages that provided Icelanders the financial wealth to even discuss reducing their work week?

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Please. The only thing "weakening the economy" is central banks issuing fiat money with zero regard for actual production, and their government and big corporate lackeys that do everything they can to suppress free markets, individual achievement and innovation.

If you got rid of a lot of the fraud economy (including companies like Uber, Tesla, and Moderna), which are largely propped up by the same entitles listed above, and inflation, debt, taxes, and ridiculous regulations, people could probably work fewer overall hours, produce more at better quality, and have access to products like homes and cars based more on build value than loan value.
I completely agree and would also add, anything that weakens the economy is a good thing, given the economy is a measurement that obfuscates the brutality of raw labor extraction and the pilfering of the natural world. Sooner the "economy" shits the bed the better imo.

Barter, hunter-gatherer, or bust.

Missenger

I completely agree and would also add, anything that weakens the economy is a good thing, given the economy is a measurement that obfuscates the brutality of raw labor extraction and the pilfering of the natural world. Sooner the "economy" shits the bed the better imo.

Barter, hunter-gatherer, or bust.
These kosher people consider themselves to be the 'economy' so it's something to think about.

blob69

I'm also against importing hordes of 3.world barbarians into the west in order to keep up the economy.
I agree that migration is a problem but devaluing these people with words that you use is not making things any better. A person I know is working with migrants (Syrians, Algerians etc.) and says they're the nicest people she's ever met. She also says that contrary to Western men they still have a libido and look and act male as opposed to transgender or something along those lines.

Michael Mohn

I agree that migration is a problem but devaluing these people with words that you use is not making things any better. A person I know is working with migrants (Syrians, Algerians etc.) and says they're the nicest people she's ever met. She also says that contrary to Western men they still have a libido and look and act male as opposed to transgender or something along those lines.
Sure, Refugees Welcome! After Western women bought into the Marxist feminist narrative, demanding equality (but only if it benefits them) and emasculating their men, now women are bored and discover the attractiveness of masculinity in some stone age, patriarchal desert monkeys. White cucks will foot the bill. If I were paid a fortune for illegaly immigrating in another country I would be nice too, but wait how nice they will be when the free sh!t suddenly ends. Far more repulsive than illegal migrants are bleeding heart liberals who justify any aspect of this invasion, lots of them make their living from this immigration industry.

Last edited:

PolishSun

Illegal immigrants are easy to abuse: financially, physically, sexually. That's why some people like them to come over to their country. They are easy victims.

Michael Mohn

Illegal immigrants are easy to abuse: financially, physically, sexually. That's why some people like them to come over to their country. They are easy victims.
If you look at the data you can see that it is the European populations who are victims of immigrant violence not to mention the financial burden they cause. Claiming immigrants are victims of Europeans is total ignorance or propaganda.

PolishSun

You are probably talking about "refugees". And yes, immigrants, have it tough and they are easily abused.

Michael Mohn

You are probably talking about "refugees". And yes, immigrants, have it tough and they are easily abused.
Refugee is a meaningless word. You're a legal or an illegal immigrant. Immigrant crimes against host population is through the roof. Painting these people as victims is just propaganda.

blob69

Sure, Refugees Welcome! After Western women bought into the Marxist feminist narrative, demanding equality (but only if it benefits them) and emasculating their men, now women are bored and discover the attractiveness of masculinity in some stone age, patriarchal desert monkeys. White cucks will foot the bill. If I were paid a fortune for illegaly immigrating in another country I would be nice too, but wait how nice they will be when the free sh!t suddenly ends. Far more repulsive than illegal migrants are bleeding heart liberals who justify any aspect of this invasion, lots of them make their living from this immigration industry.
I have little doubt the emasculation is the result of widespread poisoning and overall unhealthy way of life in the West. As for the refugees being nice - whenever I visited any Muslim country, I was impressed by a number of things there, one being their friendliness and hospitality. My friend who works with them (in Bosnia) tells that they're living in hell, freezing almost to death in the winter, being beaten by police, drugging themselves just to survive one more day. So not sure what you're talking about really... To me it seems the reason they migrate is that their countries are getting increasingly difficult to live in, plus an unrealistic image of the West as some kind of a paradise.

Like I said, I agree that migration is a problem, but denigrating these people will not help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals