Will these help or hinder low cholesterol

gaze

Hi gaze,

Thanks for your reply. I have been trying coffee on and off. It seems to help the first day but after a few days I feel much worse.

Please see my reply to Peatress. I think my cortisol is low. If true then would progesterone and pregnenolone lower it more?

When you says adrenals are stimulating testosterone, do you mean cortisol is the adrenal hormone that is stimulating it?

My progesterone is high. I think because I was taking pregnenolone at 10mg per day for about 1 week before the test.

I feel stuck and confused. If both cortisol and cholesterol are low then I don't know what to do to feel better.

Testosterone, Total 562 ng/dL 193-740

Progesterone 0.4 H ng/mL < 0.2

Estradiol 45 pg/mL <61 ma
le
pregnenolone and progesterone are balancing hormones. if your cortisol and adrenals are too low, it normalizes them, and if they are too high it can lower it. however, i would be skeptical of thinking you have low cortisol due to low morning cortisol. often in high cortisol patients its flipped where morning cortisol is low and nightime cortisol is high, where as it should be the opposite for healthy people. either way, pregnenolone would help normalize things. those hormone blood tests can be very misleading at times.

do you take the coffee with milk, cream, sugar and food? have you tried low doses first and work your way up slowly? the fatigue, low energy, low cholesterol, belly fat, low weight, and age, probably indicate your liver needs more carbs/sugar

Last edited:
OP
movebetter

movebetter

pregnenolone and progesterone are balancing hormones. if your cortisol and adrenals are too low, it normalizes them, and if they are too high it can lower it. however, i would be skeptical of thinking you have low cortisol due to low morning cortisol. often in high cortisol patients its flipped where morning cortisol is low and nightime cortisol is high, where as it should be the opposite for healthy people. either way, pregnenolone would help normalize things. those hormone blood tests can be very misleading at times.

do you take the coffee with milk, cream, sugar and food? have you tried low doses first and work your way up slowly? the fatigue, low energy, low cholesterol, belly fat, low weight, and age, probably indicate your liver needs more carbs/sugar
thanks gaze, What you say about them balancing it's good to know. I don't wanna be doing any damage. And I can see that you could be right about the cortisol. It should be higher in the morning and lower at night. I wish there was a way to know for sure what's going on.

Yes when I was drinking the coffee I did drink it with milk and honey. And after eating. Maybe I used too much too fast.

If I'm taking Progesterone, do you think adding pregnenalone would help? my diet now is about 2200 calories, 35 grams of fat 15%, 92 grams of protein 17%, 380 grams of carbs 69%. 1800 milligrams of calcium. do you think i should raise my carbs more?

OP
movebetter

movebetter

Are you getting enough salt @movebetter ?

Tracking your temperature and pulse like @Jennifer suggested would give a better idea of your thyroid status

Your blood work for estrogen seems ok but remember tissue bound estrogen
@Peatress do You think my thyroid is low And needs supplementation with: My temp is usually around 98.6 a little lower in the morning and pulse is usually mid 70s to mid 80s. The one reason I think I need thyroid is high TSH of 3.57

OP
movebetter

movebetter

You are right about protein – Dr Peat did say less is needed as we age.

Sorry to hear about your cancer.

Have you seen the thread on another type of bone marrow cancer? Those suggestions might prove helpful for your condition too

Myelofibrosis

From that thread

“I suggest you contact Peat as well, but in addition to the aspirin and methylene blue, I would also consider vitamin K2, vitamin A and cyproheptadine. The first two are commonly used for any type of blood or bone marrow cancers, and the cyproheptadine has recently shown great promise for all myeoloproliferative disorders and is being withdrawn from the market in anticipation of approval for those conditions.” Haidut

“Has his serum estrogen been measured? High estrogen, relative to androgens and progesterone, is toxic to the bone marrow, and stimulates fibrocyte growth, and decreases kidney function. Has he used any serotonin-related drugs? Progesterone and thyroid both increase kidney function and improve the balance of androgens and estrogen. Vitamin D and DHEA are other things that might be helpful.” Ray Peat

Progesterone does oppose estrogen and cortisol

I haven’t listened to this – he is the guy who wrote the book Cholesterol Myth

His website
You are right about protein – Dr Peat did say less is needed as we age.

Sorry to hear about your cancer.

Have you seen the thread on another type of bone marrow cancer? Those suggestions might prove helpful for your condition too

Myelofibrosis

From that thread

“I suggest you contact Peat as well, but in addition to the aspirin and methylene blue, I would also consider vitamin K2, vitamin A and cyproheptadine. The first two are commonly used for any type of blood or bone marrow cancers, and the cyproheptadine has recently shown great promise for all myeoloproliferative disorders and is being withdrawn from the market in anticipation of approval for those conditions.” Haidut

“Has his serum estrogen been measured? High estrogen, relative to androgens and progesterone, is toxic to the bone marrow, and stimulates fibrocyte growth, and decreases kidney function. Has he used any serotonin-related drugs? Progesterone and thyroid both increase kidney function and improve the balance of androgens and estrogen. Vitamin D and DHEA are other things that might be helpful.” Ray Peat

Progesterone does oppose estrogen and cortisol

I haven’t listened to this – he is the guy who wrote the book Cholesterol Myth

His website
Hi Peatress, Uffe Ravnskov Sounds good and very right about cholesterol. I was disappointed that he didn't mention any ways of raising it. And also at the end he was talking about low carb diet being good which kind of disappointed me. He did write one paper saying saturated fat does not raise cholesterol.

P

Peatress

@Peatress do You think my thyroid is low And needs supplementation with: My temp is usually around 98.6 a little lower in the morning and pulse is usually mid 70s to mid 80s. The one reason I think I need thyroid is high TSH of 3.57
You've just started taking progesterone - perhaps wait and see how you get on with this before making other changes
Hi Peatress, Uffe Ravnskov Sounds good and very right about cholesterol. I was disappointed that he didn't mention any ways of raising it. And also at the end he was talking about low carb diet being good which kind of disappointed me. He did write one paper saying saturated fat does not raise cholesterol.
How disappointing. Dr Jennifer Daniels is very big on cholesterol and speaks a lot about increasing it using animal products. You can find her interviews on the ONERADIONETWORK

OP
movebetter

movebetter

Korven

Hi @movebetter!

I just re-read this article from Ray and thought this excerpt may be relevant to your situation?

"Recently, it has been argued that the allergic reaction itself functions as an immunological defense against toxins.(13) However, when the intestine and liver are injured, the production of cholesterol is often decreased to such a great degree that there isn't enough to maintain adequate production of the catatoxic and anti-inflammatory steroids. Many people with the allergic fatigue syndrome have a dangerously Iow blood cholesterol level of 90 to 130 mg%. (Fruit, because of its fructose content, usually helps restore liver cholesterol synthesis.)"

Do you notice any gut irritation and/or allergenic symptoms from eating certain foods? That could drive down cholesterol levels. My cholesterol was down to 80 when I was eating a plant-based diet full of irritating fiber and allergenic foods ( I felt terrible)

OP
movebetter

movebetter

Hi @movebetter!

I just re-read this article from Ray and thought this excerpt may be relevant to your situation?

"Recently, it has been argued that the allergic reaction itself functions as an immunological defense against toxins.(13) However, when the intestine and liver are injured, the production of cholesterol is often decreased to such a great degree that there isn't enough to maintain adequate production of the catatoxic and anti-inflammatory steroids. Many people with the allergic fatigue syndrome have a dangerously Iow blood cholesterol level of 90 to 130 mg%. (Fruit, because of its fructose content, usually helps restore liver cholesterol synthesis.)"

Do you notice any gut irritation and/or allergenic symptoms from eating certain foods? That could drive down cholesterol levels. My cholesterol was down to 80 when I was eating a plant-based diet full of irritating fiber and allergenic foods ( I felt terrible)
Hi Korvin,
Thank you for this information. I'm not sure if I have allergies to any food but sometimes I do feel sick after eating and sometimes I do have mucus and coughing. I haven't been able to attach it to anything.

I've been eating mostly fruit juice, dairy and a few eggs plus fish sometimes. Also sometimes white rice and potatoes.

Do you know if there's a way to tell if you're allergic to something?

Based on what you said I think I will try to increase my fruit juice consumption and see if that helps. thanks again!

OP
movebetter

movebetter

Belly fat could be cortisol. Are you restricting calories? Do you eat animal products? Have you tested your hormones including thyroid?

You've probably read this article but reading again might help. The interview also discusses ways to increase cholesterol.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OuN70rMqpk&t=21s

sad, the Interviewer led him away from how to raise cholesterol into how to lower it. So he never did talk about ways of raising it. It seems like no matter where you look, you only find how to lower cholesterol.

Korven

Hi Korvin,
Thank you for this information. I'm not sure if I have allergies to any food but sometimes I do feel sick after eating and sometimes I do have mucus and coughing. I haven't been able to attach it to anything.

I've been eating mostly fruit juice, dairy and a few eggs plus fish sometimes. Also sometimes white rice and potatoes.

Do you know if there's a way to tell if you're allergic to something?

Based on what you said I think I will try to increase my fruit juice consumption and see if that helps. thanks again!

Yes it can be hard to pinpoint allergic reactions, sometimes they can be delayed by 2-3 days!

Just as an example - I have noticed that from eating nightshades (including white potatoes) I get these reactions: dyshidrotic eczema between my fingers, redness around my nose and mouth, stiff achy joints and neck, mouth ulcers, sometimes hives, sometimes gut pain (more delayed reaction), unrefreshing sleep, vague feeling of sickness, and some other I can't remember.

When I remove all nightshades from my diet, these symptoms go away. And when I reintroduce them, they come back! It may not even be an allergy, maybe I am just intolerant to potatoes.

Of course this is very individual and reactions to foods vary wildly. I think your diet looks very good - the only food I would be suspicious of are potatoes due to allergenic alkaloids (but that is mostly due to my own bias).

Do you keep a food journal? I find that to be helpful to pinpoint offensive foods.

OP
movebetter

movebetter

Yes it can be hard to pinpoint allergic reactions, sometimes they can be delayed by 2-3 days!

Just as an example - I have noticed that from eating nightshades (including white potatoes) I get these reactions: dyshidrotic eczema between my fingers, redness around my nose and mouth, stiff achy joints and neck, mouth ulcers, sometimes hives, sometimes gut pain (more delayed reaction), unrefreshing sleep, vague feeling of sickness, and some other I can't remember.

When I remove all nightshades from my diet, these symptoms go away. And when I reintroduce them, they come back! It may not even be an allergy, maybe I am just intolerant to potatoes.

Of course this is very individual and reactions to foods vary wildly. I think your diet looks very good - the only food I would be suspicious of are potatoes due to allergenic alkaloids (but that is mostly due to my own bias).

Do you keep a food journal? I find that to be helpful to pinpoint offensive foods.
thanks, i do keep a log of what i eat but havent found anything that might be hurting me. i do have alot of bloating but i dont know why, i seemed to have it no mater what i eat. It just e=seems to complicated to figure out.

P

Peatress

sad, the Interviewer led him away from how to raise cholesterol into how to lower it. So he never did talk about ways of raising it. It seems like no matter where you look, you only find how to lower cholesterol.
Yes, that seems to be the case. So far increasing fructose and animal products, specially brain, seems to be your best bet.

OP
movebetter

movebetter

Yes, that seems to be the case. So far increasing fructose and animal products, specially brain, seems to be your best bet.
Thank you Peatress, I really appreciate your support!

It looks like this post is peatering 😊 out. I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
movebetter

movebetter

if you tolerate the progest e orally, its probably fine. you could even try a tad higher dose since you have cancer and your testosterone is relatively high for your age so you dont have to worry much about androgen suppression. in fact, the belly fat and the high testosterone for that age probably means your adrenals are stimulating the testosterone in a bad way, some of it probably being converted to estrogen. high cortisol is likely and that can cause fatigue. pregnenolone can help regulate the adrenals. i like stressnon topically which is pregnenolone. StressNon both pregnenolone and progesterone can help lower cortisol
do you drink coffee? that may help the fatigue and has some anti cancer properties.
Hi , I ordered stressnon, how much do you take and can it be taken orally? There doesn't seem to be any instructions or even milligrams on the order page. Thanks for all your support.

hi gaze, it looks like you ware right about my cortisol if this test is accurate.

1692169565855.png

gaze

Hi , I ordered stressnon, how much do you take and can it be taken orally? There doesn't seem to be any instructions or even milligrams on the order page. Thanks for all your support.

hi gaze, it looks like you ware right about my cortisol if this test is accurate.

View attachment 54128
i think just a couple drops topically on the inner wrists should have a decent effect. some people take it orally but i dont risk it personally. its effects are very subtle, you wont feel much directly, but look for small signs of increases stress tolerance and relaxtion. if you decide you want to take it orally and feel worse, it means theres some contaminants and i wouldnt continue

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals