Cholesterol / adrenal profile results

marsaday

I wonder if i could get some advise on my cholesterol results and my adrenal profile results. I need some help on what the low LDL reading means. Apparently this can affect the raw materials for pregnenalone production and so other hormone production. What do people think?

If this is correct what should i eat to up my cholesterol levels.

I am hypothyroid and take 125 T4 and 10 T3 per day. I have been struggling recently with my energy. Some days i am fine, but others i am very tired.

cholesterol 4.1 (0-5.2 nmol/l)
Triglycerides 0.56 (less than 2.26 nmol/l)
HDL 1.7 (higher than 1 nmol/l for males)
LDL 2.1 (2.5- 4.5 nmol/l)

Adrenal results:

1) 22.2 (12-22) nmol/l
2) 11 (5-9)
3) 4.7 (3-7)
4) 2.2 (1-3)

Total daily cortisol = 40.1 (21-40)

DHEA am = 0.26 (0.3-1) nmol/l
DHEA pm = 0.23 (0.3-1)

DHEA:cortisol raio = 0.61 (1-4)

It says i am at resistance stage 3, pre exhaustion.

schultz

4-6 cups of orange juice a day would raise your cholesterol. Ray drink lots of orange juice to keep his steroids up now instead of taking pregnenelone. He mentions this in the second Kim Greenhouse interview.

Upping your sugar in general should help you.

OP
M

marsaday

Would that be the concentrated orange juice or the pure ?

What about the smoothies ? We can buy many different types in the uk?

OP
M

marsaday

Hi Dan :D

Anyone else have any comments on the adrenal profile and cholesterol results ?

tara

:welcome marsaday

Did you happen to get thyroid test values as well, on your thyroid supplements stabilised at current levels? Or have you/can you record body temp + pulse for a few days, esp first thing when you wake and an hour or so after breakfast? This data can help add context to the other numbers you have given. I'm not expert at reading labs, so maybe others know what Adrenal 1, 2, 3, and 4 mean, but you could add that info if you have it.

What is worth changing in your current diet probably depends on what you are already eating - feel like posting what and how much? Some people here use cronometer to assess nutrients in diet.

Some people have intestinal issues with the fibres in some fruit. If you don't, then smoothies made of other fruit may be helpful too.

answersfound

I think you are taking way too much T4 relative to T3. I think the ratio should be like 3:1 or even 2:1. T4 may be converting to Reverse T3, therefore, blocking T3 from getting into your cells, making you feel poorly.

answersfound

OP
M

marsaday

I am not on way too much T4. My FT4 results are a touch below top of range, so in a good place. My Ft3 is also in the same place. I have been doing well on 125 T4 all of last yr, but in September i started to feel off. I know this is something to do with the change in seasons, but it is annoying all the same. So i have added in 10mcg T3 early this yr and i feel fine on it, but i am still not as balanced.

My diet is pretty good as we eat mostly home cooked stuff. I like carbs and sweet things, but i eat good meals usually. I dont drink much alcohol and dont smoke, plus i am active.

My usual day is:

porridge, banana, 1 x cup tea

Sandwich with meat and salad if working away. piece cake, 1 x coffee plus water. If at home soup plus bread.

Evening meal = meat, potato, veg or pasta with salad. Kale is lovely if cooked crisp in the oven. always have a cake to finish plus cup tea.

I tend not to snack that much in between meals. If i do it maybe toast with honey.

answersfound

marsaday said:
I am not on way too much T4. My FT4 results are a touch below top of range, so in a good place. My Ft3 is also in the same place. I have been doing well on 125 T4 all of last yr, but in September i started to feel off. I know this is something to do with the change in seasons, but it is annoying all the same. So i have added in 10mcg T3 early this yr and i feel fine on it, but i am still not as balanced.

My diet is pretty good as we eat mostly home cooked stuff. I like carbs and sweet things, but i eat good meals usually. I dont drink much alcohol and dont smoke, plus i am active.

My usual day is:

porridge, banana, 1 x cup tea

Sandwich with meat and salad if working away. piece cake, 1 x coffee plus water. If at home soup plus bread.

Evening meal = meat, potato, veg or pasta with salad. Kale is lovely if cooked crisp in the oven. always have a cake to finish plus cup tea.

I tend not to snack that much in between meals. If i do it maybe toast with honey.

Okay then post your RT3 ratio.

OP
M

marsaday

We dont have that test in the UK. Life would be so much easier if we had access to cheap simple blood testing in the UK. We dont and this whole area is controlled by the doctors. We have private, but it is expensive. One hormone blood test can cost $150 easily. We can get profiles done and they are cheaper, but still cost $200. You cannot select the tests as well.

This is a good article on rt3: http://tiredthyroid.com/rt3.html

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals