• Ultra Pasteurised (Sterilised)

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Lactose Free

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Organic Raw

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Organic Pasteurised

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Organic Ultra Pasteurised (Sterilised)

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Organic Lactose Free

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Good poll. Might move it to the polls section later, that way it will show up on the front page of the site.

I know Peatarian said that Ray Peat does not suggest raw milk. Well, raw milk is the only thing around here that I can get that does not have added vitamins and minerals. So, I am not sure exactly what to do.

J

j.

What I heard Ray say about milk is try and see which type you can consume without bad reactions, and that if you're drinking many quarts whole milk might be fattening.

Steveig84

organic 1.5% fat, pasturised non homoginised mostly depending where i am....oh and no added vits ;-)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Steveig84 said:
organic 1.5% fat, pasturised non homoginised mostly depending where i am....oh and no added vits ;-)
How in the world do you find no vitamins added? I swear, sometimes living in a small town has its drawbacks.

OP
K

kettlebell

Haha, Charlie! I love your Pic, thats brilliant and terrifying at the same time.

I have voted, but I drink Organic pasteurised (Semi skimmed).

sctb

Charlie said:
Steveig84 said:
How in the world do you find no vitamins added? I swear, sometimes living in a small town has its drawbacks.

Charlie, I know that here in Canada fortification is a legal requirement for all
milk. I could presume that there are other governing bodies in the world that
have the same legislation.

Addition of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin D to fluid milk is a legal requirement under Health Canada's Food and Drugs Act (see Appendix 9-1, Table 1). Vitamin D is added to all forms of milk while Vitamin A is added only to skim and partly (partially) skimmed milks.

Regards,

- Scott

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Scott, thats incredible. :crazy:

Birdie

j. said:
What I heard Ray say about milk is try and see which type you can consume without bad reactions, and that if you're drinking many quarts whole milk might be fattening.
Yes, and that you should choose a milk that
tastes good to you.

Birdie

Charlie said:
Steveig84 said:
My problem too. I was buying raw here from a farm but when the season changed, and the feed changed, it didn't taste good anymore!
Now, I use 1% organic but it has vitamins added. :cry:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sugarsavedme said:
Skim, pasteurised milk with no additives. In Australia we don't add anything to our milk. :D
Brag brag brag. :lol:

Orchid

Raw whole milk 2-4 quarts for those nutrients. Too bad raw milk prices commercially have skyrocketed. It's almost 8 dollars for 2 quarts for whole and half that for skim!

WilltoBelieve

I try to get raw milk locally from healthy animals. In Florida, the ranch (now condominiums) where "Emilliano" tended the cows , provided me with milk so rich in carotenes the cream was orange (once in a lifetime experience). The pasture was so rich. I paid $3 a gallon since Emiliano didn't know anything about the organic market or raw milk shenanigans.

My stomach is chymosin deficient, so, I add traditional rennet (dried 4th stomach of calf or extract thereof) to my milk and sometimes a little lipase (from the base of the calf tongue) drain the whey, put the curd in a press, let it mature a little, and then consume my transformed milk in its concentrated state. In this way I can easily then consume a gallon of milk when called for. The fat in cheese has never caused me to gain adipose tissue or "get fat"... Straight milk so far seems to "fatten me" (not to mention that it sits in my stomach for hours).

Birdie

I use O Organics 1% usually. I'd been using raw from a nearby dairy and it was delicious, but the season changed and the milk no longer tasted good. I'll try it again but I'm happy to drink the other. As Ray says, we can go by the taste.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

jaketthomas

I live in New York, and it's illegal to sell Raw Milk here, so my best option is either fresh from a farm (still pasteurized), or some sort of Organic store bought, like Horizon, Stonyfield Farms, etc. I buy it for $6.99/gallon, which lasts me about 4 days (I drink about 32 ounces per day). I can't believe people think Organic Milk is expensive, when you're paying only $1.75 per day. People buy Starbucks coffees for $5 and they're up in arms about spending $6.99 a gallon for organic milk. It's nuts.

Oh, about the added Vitamins, the farm milk I get doesn't have added anything. It's the milk where the cream rises to the top. Ingredients are: Milk. That's definitely the best bet, but I'm not worried about having a tiny dusting of Vitamin D and A to my milk. The amount contained is so small, that it's literally not even the size of a pinhead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals