UHT milk vs pasteurised milk

Aventus

I've been experimenting with Peat style diet for the last 6/7 months. One thing I've noticed is I can't tolerate pasteurised or even raw milk, I get stomach cramps and other gastrointestinal problems. When I drink UHT milk or UHT milk containing products such as custard or condensed milk I don't get any symptoms. Is this something to do with more microbes being present in non-UHT milk? I've also noticed that when I drink too much milk I get neck pain and I lose alot of weight despite the calories. Is too much milk consumption leading to hyperthyroid condition?

jaketthomas

Who knows. It could be. I tend to do very well with ultra-pasteurized milk, but only whole milk. Skim and 1% give me diarrhea, 2% makes me fart up a storm, and Whole Milk digests like a champion. Organic, Ultra-Pasteurized Whole Milk is what I use. Conventional gives me dark circles under my eyes.

You mention losing weight when you drink the milk. Do your cheeks look sunken in? Do you get anxious or nervous or jumpy? Could be some sort of stimulant in the milk messing with your adrenals, if that's the case.

Jenn

You are probably not digesting the milk properly, so not really getting the nutrients you need. I had the same problem myself, only the lower back instead. It was also related to stomach and intestinal issues.

Cramping pain can be a sign of calcification of the tissues. It's not uncommon with raw milk, because it's very bowel forming. But if your intestines are not used to working, it can be VERY uncomfortable initially.

You can have bowel movement that is the result of peristalsis(muscle movement) and BM that is the result of stuff just being push from above. Sometimes we don't know the difference until the intestines kick into gear again.

BaconBits

Aventus said:
I've been experimenting with Peat style diet for the last 6/7 months. One thing I've noticed is I can't tolerate pasteurised or even raw milk, I get stomach cramps and other gastrointestinal problems. When I drink UHT milk or UHT milk containing products such as custard or condensed milk I don't get any symptoms. Is this something to do with more microbes being present in non-UHT milk? I've also noticed that when I drink too much milk I get neck pain and I lose alot of weight despite the calories. Is too much milk consumption leading to hyperthyroid condition?

The same problem here, when i eat pizza I get soo sleepy. Also any dairy makes me lose weight and after 2 weeks it destroys my gut to the point that I am always hungry and also more tired. I am still looking for a alternative for getting calcium.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
merberg Which is better: uht milk or powdered milk? Ask For Help or Advice 3
L What Does Ray Peat Think About UHT Milk? Milk 14
B How much added sodium on an all-milk diet? Milk 5
OccamzRazer Raw milk for mood, bowel motility, and more! Testimonials 26
joshquintanilla Lucerne 1% Milk does not contain emulsifiers Dairy 5
deliciousfruit Why can I only tolerate whole milk? Diet 7
Korven Do you feel best on A) "normal" 3x meals of meat/starch/veggies or B) "Peat style" no starch milk/meat/fruit diet? Diet, Recipes 46
Sam321 Silica found in many Whole Foods milk brands Ask For Help or Advice 118
S How to skim your own milk Milk 4
M Usda organic label and raw milk Ask For Help or Advice 0
N Milk, mTOR and cancer Dairy, Eggs 52
L Switching to OJ concentrate and powdered milk makes a huge difference Diet 60
GelatinGoblin Which milk has the best Phosphorus to Calcium ratio? Dairy 29
Hgreen56 Milk cause Crohn disease & Rheumatoid Arthritis? Dairy 7
M Hidden ingredients present in American milk Diet 0
metabolizm Is zero starch only possible for milk drinkers? Ask For Help or Advice 37
RWilly A cautionary note for those drinking milk and using baking soda or calcium carbonate Milk 3
Sexypizza Is 2% milk ok? or too much fat? Milk 2
R How can I EAT my milk? Diet, Recipes 15
Atma Evaporating Milk to Reduce Urination? Working Through Milk Issues 4
M Prolactin in Milk Hair & Nails 11
M Ideas to sweeten milk ? Ask For Help or Advice 5
TypicalJock Horrible reaction to milk Ask For Help or Advice 40
H Lemon juice mixed with milk Diet, Recipes 3
Hgreen56 Does milk or calcium raise gaba? Milk 3
K Question about added vitamins in milk Milk 2
A Consuming Milk Increase Your Risk for Prostate Cancer? Milk 35
M Mixing OJ and milk? Ask For Help or Advice 6
Atma 81 Year Old Woman Ate Fruit and Milk Diet for 27 Years Milk 58
H I am lactose intolerant - Goat's Milk, Cow's Milk, Sheep's Milk & Casein. What now? Digestion 24
Hgreen56 The amount of carbs/kcal decrease when you boil the milk? Dairy 1
B Raw Milk Indigestion Doubts About Milk 11
R Milk for LPR (silent reflux)? Calcium? Milk 10
G Starch persorption from fortified milk? Doubts About Milk 1
Hgreen56 why milk and starch don't mix? Diet 6
M Forcing milk to cure lactose intolerance experiment Working Through Milk Issues 18
B The Land of Milk and Money Milk 0
M Organic Milk Contains More PUFA? Diet 3
TypicalJock Should I drink Milk or Oj in the morning? Ask For Help or Advice 5
egoy Anti-Peat (Curezone Thread) Milk: cause of autism? Debate - Anti-Peat 43
bzmazu Merry Christmas!... try my Milk and Brandy Milk 6
username Is it normal to get very pale stools from drinking lots of milk? Milk 6
TypicalJock Could milk possibly give me more acne? Ask For Help or Advice 8
tankasnowgod Milk, OJ, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt..... Does Temperature of these foods matter? Digestion 36
TypicalJock How many liters/quarts of skimmed milk do you guys drink daily? Ask For Help or Advice 9
S Thoughts on Casein protein vs cheese or milk? Diet 7
P how to separate fat from milk? Diet 3
Epistrophy Making Your Own Skimmed Milk Milk 0
Hgreen56 Someone Use A Milk Cream Separator? Diet 5
Serge No Milk No OJ, Feedback For My Diet Please Diet 2