• Ultra Pasteurised (Sterilised)

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Lactose Free

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Organic Raw

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Organic Pasteurised

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Organic Ultra Pasteurised (Sterilised)

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Organic Lactose Free

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tomisonbottom

Why is it not supposed to by raw?
And RP prefers low fat for health reasons or just for the taste?

jyb

tomisonbottom said:
Why is it not supposed to by raw?
And RP prefers low fat for health reasons or just for the taste?

More potential for allergy if raw, but I think no reason not to if tolerated.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Higher bacteria load if raw which can mean more endotoxin. I boil my raw milk.

Beebop

Jenn said:
I get raw, grass fed milk from my back yard milk dispensers.

:lol:

I drink organic whole pasteurised milk. The extra fat works for me at the moment.
One day maybe I'll have my own back yard milk dispenser.

What is equivalent to semi-skimmed - is it 1% or 1.5% or 2%?

Asimov

I use goats milk. By default, the only one in the store is ultra-pasteurized with Vitamin D added. Oh well, tastes great.

If I had my druthers, I'd probably get raw goats milk, followed by raw cows milk from high quality, pasture raised animals.

redhead19047

I use raw. It's impossible to get a low pasteurized milk here. All milk is ultra-pasteurized and ultra-homoginized. So the milk is dead - no minerals or anything. So I'm wondering what good is it?

jyb

redhead19047 said:
I use raw. It's impossible to get a low pasteurized milk here. All milk is ultra-pasteurized and ultra-homoginized. So the milk is dead - no minerals or anything. So I'm wondering what good is it?

I think it still has the essential - protein, sugar and calcium. I think RP would say it could be better than raw, if you had a reaction to the live bacteria in the raw.

BingDing

Charlie said:
Higher bacteria load if raw which can mean more endotoxin. I boil my raw milk.

Curious, Charlie, have you experienced SIBO like reactions to raw milk?

Besides being an ecologically favorable source of calcium, protein, sugar, and fat, the composition of milk causes it to be digested efficiently, supporting the growth of bacteria that are relatively safe for the intestine and liver, and reducing the absorption of endotoxin.
RP, but doesn't specify raw or pasteurized.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
BingDing said:
Curious, Charlie, have you experienced SIBO like reactions to raw milk?

Not that I noticed. I boil my milk more as a precaution to bacteria overload and endotoxin. Sometimes I am lazy and do not boil it and do not notice any difference.

BingDing

jyb said:
redhead19047 said:

I think it still has the essential - protein, sugar and calcium. I think RP would say it could be better than raw, if you had a reaction to the live bacteria in the raw.

I personally think raw milk has benefits, but RP has said ultra-pasteurized is OK. My take is the low iron and lack of plant toxins make it the best available source of the macro nutrients, and you can get the micro nutrients from oj/fruit.

Charlie posted the article, viewtopic.php?p=525#p525

Edit: that is limited to grass fed dairy, grain fed introduces problematic elements like lectins.

tomisonbottom

Is it a big deal to have vitamins a and d added?
The only milk I could find that was organic grass fed has those added vitamins......

4peatssake

tomisonbottom said:
Is it a big deal to have vitamins a and d added?
The only milk I could find that was organic grass fed has those added vitamins......
That's sounds great to me. I can't find find where I live.

Raw milk is illegal where I live and so I drink ultra pasteurized 1 % milk and it has the added vitamins. A local farmer was providing raw milk beyond his family to a small group of people - who wanted to drink raw milk - and he was arrested for it. :shock:

BingDing

As I understand it the vitamins are in a carrier liquid that is not good, and the vitamins may have contaminants. I assume they are the cheapest possible forms of the vitamins. In the US all milk except whole milk has to have vitamins added, which is lousy if one is trying to limit calories from fat.

tomisonbottom

The kind I have right now is organic (mostly grass fed); it's Organic Valley brand.
It's whole milk with a&d added.

BingDing

tomisonbottom said:
The kind I have right now is organic (mostly grass fed); it's Organic Valley brand.

I think it's up to you and whether you tolerate it. I drank milk for decades without thinking about added vitamins, but after several months on clean milk I felt terrible when I ran out and bought a & d fortified milk; threw half down the drain.

FWIW, it took me quite a while to find sources of clean milk, you might want to keep looking.

4peatssake

BingDing said:
tomisonbottom said:

I think it's up to you and whether you tolerate it. I drank milk for decades without thinking about added vitamins, but after several months on clean milk I felt terrible when I ran out and bought a & d fortified milk; threw half down the drain.

FWIW, it took me quite a while to find sources of clean milk, you might want to keep looking.

You are quite right BD. Unless you live in Canada, the only G-8 country in the world where raw milk is illegal, you should be able to find clean milk.

That farmer I mentioned earlier, BTW, was first acquitted of the charges and the Ontario government then appealed the ruling and he was convicted of 15 of 19 charges on appeal. The litigation continues as the farmer has appealed this ruling.

What a very sad state of affairs! :cry:

BingDing

tomisonbottom said:
Does homogonized matter?
Does % of milkfat matter?

Nope to both. Grass fed is all, vitamins at your discretion.

Just in case someone hasn't thought of it, non-homogenized, no vitamin whole milk can be turned into no vitamin reduced-fat milk by skimming the cream off. Make butter out of it or ice cream or something. Might be able to clarify it as is, I've never tried it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals