Is milk with added vitamins that bad?

I have heard Ray on interviews, shows, etc. say to drink what digests and tastes best.

In that case is pasturized and homogenized milk with vitamins that bad? Does anyone drink that type of milk without bad effect?

I have heard Ray on interviews, shows, etc. say to drink what digests and tastes best.

In that case is pasturized and homogenized milk with vitamins that bad? Does anyone drink that type of milk without bad effect?
Ray Peat says suppliments are not good because of their purity. So we gotta pay more money to buy the "safer" stuff. Do you think "they" care enough about our health to move that profit margin down some to give us the good stuff? They fortify milk because it is the law, not because they think it is good. The government says it's good and we know how how much they really care.

JamesGatz

This is where your experimentation comes in - whole milk, lowfat milk, lowfat milk with added vitamins, A2 milk, raw milk, raw milk with the fat drained yourself - so many different types of milk - for me I tolerate lowfat milk with added vitamins fine at least a lot better than whole milk with no vitamins that came from the store

This is where your experimentation comes in - whole milk, lowfat milk, lowfat milk with added vitamins, A2 milk, raw milk, raw milk with the fat drained yourself - so many different types of milk - for me I tolerate lowfat milk with added vitamins fine at least a lot better than whole milk with no vitamins that came from the store

Yeah I have trouble with pasteurized "dead" milk too, it use to make me throw up if I ate it with a meal. So I gave milk up for many years until getting the courage up to try raw milk. I thrive on it. What a difference. When I can't get raw milk I just turn to cheese instead. It seems the nonfat grass fed with only vitamin A works ok for me too, but it doesn't taste very good.

abady

I tried multivitamins for months the sickness I felt when I'm on vitamins is brutal I feel like a zombie and tired when I am on vitamin caps ..... i also get the same effect from oats cereals with added vitamines I feel so bad and tired when I ingest them.. after this experiment I truly hated synthetic vitamines personally and I try to avoid anything with added vitamins on it ..... anyway my chronometer is full green by just eating whole foods.

I tried multivitamins for months the sickness I felt when I'm on vitamins is brutal I feel like a zombie and tired when I am on vitamin caps ..... i also get the same effect from oats cereals with added vitamines I feel so bad and tired when I ingest them.. after this experiment I truly hated synthetic vitamines personally and I try to avoid anything with added vitamins on it ..... anyway my chronometer is full green by just eating whole foods.

...and you are probably taking a higher quality suppliment too. It makes me wonder how many people are heading for the doctor with similar aches and energy issues and get diagnosed with real problems when it is just their crappy chewable Flintstone Vitamin and grains. This is how innocently and well intended the decline starts.

abady

...and you are probably taking a higher quality suppliment too. It makes me wonder how many people are heading for the doctor with similar aches and energy issues and get diagnosed with real problems when it is just their crappy chewable Flintstone Vitamin and grains. This is how innocently and well intended the decline starts.
trust me when I say this I tried every multivitamin brand cheap and expensive they all suck.. i love my whole food and cooking now ... no more crappy capsules to ingest every day screw that.

trust me when I say this I tried every multivitamin brand cheap and expensive they all suck.. i love my whole food and cooking now ... no more crappy capsules to ingest every day screw that.

I am with you! I can't believe how I use to take them so happily, now I am scared of them.

Perry Staltic

Someone here mentioned earlier that the vitamin D additive in milk has, or may have, polysorbate 80 (if liquid) or silica (if powder) included with it. Silica would be added as a flow agent and polysorbate 80 would be added as an emulsifier

Dr. B

Someone here mentioned earlier that the vitamin D additive in milk has, or may have, polysorbate 80 (if liquid) or silica (if powder) included with it. Silica would be added as a flow agent and polysorbate 80 would be added as an emulsifier
Almost all likely all milks with vitamin a and d, contain polysorbate 80 and propylene glycol. Some contain sunflower oil. And supposedly i think haidut tested some milks and they had carrageenan or silica. If theyre testing for carrageenan tjat seems like it would be some contamination isue since regular milks dont have carrageenan its tje chocolate flavored milks that do. Silica wasn’t listed in the vitamin mixture i saw. The milk vitamins are a powder mixture so they contain the propylene glycol as preservative and the polysorbate 80 is an emulsifier so they evenly suspend the vitamins in the milk otherwise the vitamin powder would settle in thr milk.
Silica could be contamination if silica moisture absorbent packets leak into the vitamin mixture. Otherwise it could be that the milk vitamin mixture only lists vitamin A, D, and other additives but not the silica because the silica was just used during manufacture of the vitamin itself.
That brings up a very concerning issue if you think about it.
Milk products in the store only have to list vitamin A and D in the ingredients, not the full ingredients list of those vitamin mixes.

Then the milk powder mix that’s sold to milk companies, only lists vitamin A, D, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, water. But apparently even in that case they may not need to list what the vitamin A and D contain, which may include silica...?