What Stimulates DHT Production?

Healthia

I don't tend to trust the scientific validity of reviews on websites that have banner ads like this above the supplements
Screen shot 2016-12-21 at 5.34.19 PM.jpg

Milkmeateggs

Haidut we may have to enter into a "War of the Wits" contest soon as we are both hormone geniuses. :D

I am sorry, but you are a fool, quite an annoying one actually. Anyone who has to proclaim himself as a genius, is probably not a genius, but a conman.

MatheusPN

Tobacco, Nicotine... This is recently...

Credits to Haidut:
"...Aromatase inhibitor, Nicotine also inhibits the enzyme 3a-HSD, which degrades DHT into the less potent androstanediol...."
Can be find here:
Nicotine [Through A Peat Prism?]

Luckytype

Creatine works really well

Can you post evidence to this @Joeyd ?

I can recall a study with weight training, creatine and dht being posted but I believe it was the actual weight training and the fact creatine allows for more work that illicites the response. I dont believe they had a sedentary control if its the study im thinking of.

EDIT:

I glanced over this again, where is the control group/non weight training group?

MatheusPN

Tobacco, Nicotine... This is recently...

Credits to Haidut:
"...Aromatase inhibitor, Nicotine also inhibits the enzyme 3a-HSD, which degrades DHT into the less potent androstanediol...."
Can be find here:
Nicotine [Through A Peat Prism?]

But I am uncertain whether it will increase because, even when I cited the inhibition of the enzyme 3a-HSD, from Haidut, the use of acute nicotine is cholinergic, now chronic use seems to be anti-cholinergic, for now I will take the risk using this whith aspirin and cypro (a risky combo), coffe and lots of fruits

Haidut: "So, yes, nicotine exposure should lower acetylcholine levels but nicotine itself is a powerful agonist of those same receptors and the net effect is probably still heavily cholinergic. This is probably one of the reasons Big Pharma had (misplaced) high hopes for nicotine as treatment for Alzheimer and it badly failed in pre-clinical trials."

Acetilcholine Has Negative Effects On Gonadal Steroidogenesis (A thread from the forum)

Maybe the answer is here, I pretend to read more tomorrow

MrThyroid

i think first is stress (adrenalin, cortisol) which increase the convertion from testosterone to DHT. BUT also everythin which increase your energy like thyroid, caffeine, nicotine .
Because test is reduced to DHT , everything which increase test should also indirectly increase DHT

MatheusPN

Chronic use of nicotine maybe, increases, but definitely acutely don't to me, and as seems in some studies
I used 4, 2mg (too much), with lots of extra calories and this remembered me how anger, stress is not androgenic generally to me, less decisive assertiveness

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals