What Other Busy Health/Nutrition Forums Are There?

pro marker

the ray peat forum is amazing. it has the highest collective iq of any forum i know of, no cult like aspect, very open-minded, unbiased and most users here accept the fact that they know so much less than they'd like to. very little political correctness, ideas are generally nuanced with little black and white thinking. as far as health forums go it's probably the best. members here are also very resilient to controlled opposition. the biggest weakness is probably that a lot of users are too contrarian and it clouds their judgment.

Ben.

the ray peat forum is amazing. it has the highest collective iq of any forum i know of, no cult like aspect, very open-minded, unbiased and most users here accept the fact that they know so much less than they'd like to. very little political correctness, ideas are generally nuanced with little black and white thinking. as far as health forums go it's probably the best. members here are also very resilient to controlled opposition. the biggest weakness is probably that a lot of users are too contrarian and it clouds their judgment.

Well said. That is also my perception of it.
I also feel like people taking different stances and challenging the information put out (pro peat, anti peat, pro starch, anti starch etc.) keeps research/sharing information going and helps us in building a better understanding of our biology while simultaneously opening new options for experimentations to explore.

Grischbal

Is the Ray Peat Forum the only big, active health forum on the internet that is left??

What an endorsement!

Makes me think again that the Internet as a community is kind a dying.
There is another one with like 1200 active members but it is made up of nihilistic teens

Hugh Johnson

id imagine more like 95% do not want to take it, while 15% would be willing to take it. also note that 30% answered HAPPY to take it.
Bro, a diversity of opinions is good. It keeps you sharp if nothing else, and being able to understand and respond to the mainstream bs is good. I still would not go to a paleo forum, though.

OP
D

dukesbobby777

Phoenix rising is a health forum with fairly ok traffic and alternative (to mainstream) health discussions/topics/approaches.

JohnA

Not exactly answering your question, but I'd argue that finding new forums so that you can spend more time hunched over your phone or computer will be counterproductive to your health / happiness goals. I love the Ray Peat Forum, and have been lurking on it for 5 years, but at this point, I'd say I visit more for reminders to keep the lifestyle going and to check that I'm not missing out on new studies.

For the last few months, I've been scratching my need for more health information by listening to podcasts more and scrolling RPF / Reddit less. Forums take your full attention, while I've found podcasts actually give me an excuse to go for walks, run errands, catch up on household chores, etc.

A few Ray Peat Friendly podcasts that I like are:
1. Danny Roddy's Generative Energy Podcast
2. Matt Blackburn's Mitolife Radio
3. Christopher Walker's The Thermo Diet Podcast

revenant

Longecity used to be good at least, haven't visited in some years. They used to be big on calorie restriction though and anti-Peat in many ways (think SIRT1 and mTOR) but there's a lot of people who know a lot.

pro marker

Bro, a diversity of opinions is good. It keeps you sharp if nothing else, and being able to understand and respond to the mainstream bs is good. I still would not go to a paleo forum, though.
you cant compare paleo to vaccines. one is about natural foods, the other is literally heavy metals and other poisons. a diversity of opinions is good, a diversity of npcs is not good

Hugh Johnson

you cant compare paleo to vaccines. one is about natural foods, the other is literally heavy metals and other poisons. a diversity of opinions is good, a diversity of npcs is not good
The paleo epistemology seems to be assuming what humans ate in the past was optimal, and then making up a fictional story about how people in the past ate and lived. It is completely detached from reality. Vaccines in theory could work. In fact the smallpox vaccine might have been a good idea.

pro marker

The paleo epistemology seems to be assuming what humans ate in the past was optimal, and then making up a fictional story about how people in the past ate and lived. It is completely detached from reality. Vaccines in theory could work. In fact the smallpox vaccine might have been a good idea.
i know more people who have benefitted from paleo than vaccines. the idea that what humans ate in the past was optimal, is more the idea that human spent thousands of years adapting to that diet, therefore making it optimal. while i agree that paleo is very wrong, the average paleo believer is 10 times smarter than the average pro vaxxer.

Michael Mohn

Nobody escaped small pox because they ate paleo.

In the beginning a paleolithic diet as simply avoiding neolithic foods like grains & seeds derived from agriculture and to an extent dairy (might have been available to some foraging groups following herds of wild goats or sheeps) was an interesting experiment but once taken over by low carbers, high fat carnivore grifters it became a dogmatic mess. Sad. Eating fruit, meats and seafood was quite peaty.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals