What Other Busy Health/Nutrition Forums Are There?

dukesbobby777

Not that I’m unhappy here or I don’t respect the quality of information. I’m on the journey just like everyone else. But sometimes it can be good to be dialled in to other ways of thinking, or different points of view.

I used to be a member at Imminst, but that place seems to have hardly any traffic these days.

I’ve had mental health issues for most of my adult life so if anyone knows of any forums related to that, please let me know.

Alternative health/nutrition forums are also of interest because I seek information and opinions from all sides of the table.

cdg

Not that I’m unhappy here or I don’t respect the quality of information. I’m on the journey just like everyone else. But sometimes it can be good to be dialled in to other ways of thinking, or different points of view.

I used to be a member at Imminst, but that place seems to have hardly any traffic these days.

I’ve had mental health issues for most of my adult life so if anyone knows of any forums related to that, please let me know.

Alternative health/nutrition forums are also of interest because I seek information and opinions from all sides of the table.
#43 podcast from Danny Roddy and Ray discuss the use of CO2 for mental health...

OP
D

dukesbobby777

Thanks, I’d forgotten about that one. I remember I used to frequent that forum a few years back when I was into liver flushing and coffee enemas. There’s definitely some interesting approaches over there.

OP
D

dukesbobby777

#43 podcast from Danny Roddy and Ray discuss the use of CO2 for mental health...

Thanks. I think it’s right about CO2. When things have really worked for me in terms of increasing metabolism, I have felt better. I think, for me, life can just sometimes get difficult due to circumstances and I think inevitably when stress occurs, serotonin increases. The anti-serotonin drugs are a double edged sword, as they make you realize the hole you’re in, and if getting out of that hole is difficult, it can work against their workings of being therapeutic. I think that’s how the SSRIs work. They kind of shock the brain and make you content with being in the hole which, sometimes, is what you need in order to survive (if it’s a hole that isn’t possible to get out of). For instance, for somebody depressed who ruminates, stews and can’t let go of things, SSRIs are often thrown at the issue. But from my previous experience of them, they don’t work or improve anything therapeutically. I hold them in low regard.

Saying that, I’ve only ever tried cyproheptadine. It only works when I can actually feel a little bit of it’s anti-histamine antagonism (that results in warm hands and feet and better mood). Using it too frequently and I notice no sedation and all positive effects disappear. So, for me, tolerance occurs rapidly. And if anything, it’s actually quite anxiogenic when not working, even when I ensure that my blood sugars never dip.

With thyroid supplementation it would be great if I could just find something that works. I always grow tolerant to those too. Cynomel is a great pick me up when taken sporadically (and properly fed of course), resulting in warm temps and a better mood. But loses effectiveness quickly when continuously taken. Cynoplus had no effect at all. I am curious about NDT and might try it at some point.

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

Thanks, I’d forgotten about that one. I remember I used to frequent that forum a few years back when I was into liver flushing and coffee enemas. There’s definitely some interesting approaches over there.

What have been your conclusions as far as liver flush and coffee enema?
Do you find one more effective than the other?
Do you continue doing them?

OP
D

dukesbobby777

What have been your conclusions as far as liver flush and coffee enema?
Do you find one more effective than the other?
Do you continue doing them?
I thought they were interesting. I also had a colonic during this tim which was also an experience (she confirmed I had a lot of yeast coming out), and advised me to become more vegan based (nuts and fruits were what she recommended in particular).

Coffee enemas were obviously much different to liver flushes. I experimented with things like small amounts of MB, nyastin and wormwood in the coffee enemas, but didn’t notice anything beyond what a coffee enema would do. Coffee enemas would provide a shift in energy, but I always noticed constipation that would follow a session. Sometimes I would get green blobs from the coffee enemas themselves, but mostly saw these on liver flushes. I did about ten flushes altogether, but I think I stopped due to circumstances at the time. I do wonder what may have happened if I had continued, as Morris always spoke about doing them until you no longer expel the blobs.

I never saw anything being expelled that looked horrifically alien or anything. Mostly what I could identify were things that resembled liver flukes.

T

TheBeard

I thought they were interesting. I also had a colonic during this tim which was also an experience (she confirmed I had a lot of yeast coming out), and advised me to become more vegan based (nuts and fruits were what she recommended in particular).

Coffee enemas were obviously much different to liver flushes. I experimented with things like small amounts of MB, nyastin and wormwood in the coffee enemas, but didn’t notice anything beyond what a coffee enema would do. Coffee enemas would provide a shift in energy, but I always noticed constipation that would follow a session. Sometimes I would get green blobs from the coffee enemas themselves, but mostly saw these on liver flushes. I did about ten flushes altogether, but I think I stopped due to circumstances at the time. I do wonder what may have happened if I had continued, as Morris always spoke about doing them until you no longer expel the blobs.

I never saw anything being expelled that looked horrifically alien or anything. Mostly what I could identify were things that resembled liver flukes.
Thanks

Michael Mohn

I miss the blog of Seth Roberts although I didn't follow his dietary ideas but his articles on so many subjects was really inspiring.
Are there similar podcasts or blogs you follow?

yerrag

T

TheBeard

That site is certainly like going to the mines. So much fool's gold. Bon voyage going there.
I've discovered lots of great treatments for my different ailments and generous people logging their experiences.
Like everything, judgement helps to discriminate.

yerrag

I've discovered lots of great treatments for my different ailments and generous people logging their experiences.
Like everything, judgement helps to discriminate.
I quickly give up on it each time I go there. How do you manage to separate the wheat from the chaff?

pro marker

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 19.40.52.png

yeah i dont think im gonna bother with this one...

Michael Mohn

Is the Ray Peat Forum the only big, active health forum on the internet that is left??

What an endorsement!

Makes me think again that the Internet as a community is kind a dying.

OP
D

dukesbobby777

I think there are other forums, it’s just that nobody has really come up with anything decent yet lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals