What Are Yours Approaches To Treat Meniere's Disease?

Astolfo

Greetings.

My mom suffering from Meniere's disease for a few years. She went to many doctors but no luck. The only med which given to this disease seems betahistidine. But she also has extreme skin sensitivity, so she couldn't use it.

Is there a way to improve her symptoms?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I have tinnitus, mostly in my left ear. It may have been caused by extreme loud sound exposure in my teens: my friend and I ran a small combustion motor for an RC airplane in the cellar without muffler. Loud noise, salty foods, MSG (monosodium glutamate), low pressure weather system seem to worsen it.

Drinking lots of water removes the salt overload. Nightshade vegetables are inflammatory, maybe one should avoid them.

Did your mom undergo dental treatments? The jaw may be misaligned:

TMD Treatment May Alleviate Meniere’s Disease

Then I wonder if root canal treated teeth could have something to do with. The upper molars are very close to the inner ear.

Regards,

Stephan

OP
A

Astolfo

Thanks...

@ecstatichamster She usually eats salads which mostly includes lettuce. I'm gonna tell her she should be try to avoid from raw veggies.

@StephanF That information is amazing. Actually, she lived many horrible experiences with doctors. Especially with dentists. Her root canal surgery went wrong and since that, she has pain on her surgery zone.

But, Her meniere started when she tried to drink 5 liter of water in one day. Also she was using hyaluronic acid for increase the water storage. I don't know, maybe her problem was just waiting a trigger.

Also I also found that thyroid treatment improves Meniere's disease. In early time, A doctor had said to her that she should check her thyroid levels. I'm telling her to go to hospital but somehow, she is too lazy to go.
Anyway, at least now, I know that it's not permanent

Dave Clark

My wife has menieres disease. We are trying many things. One thing that gave her improvement, and many have testified on YT, is getting an atlas orthogonal adjustment. This must be done by an upper cervical chiro who specializes in AO. Lucky for us, there is a guy 15 miles away who has been doing it for 40 years. This is his site: The Goodman Method of Chiropractic . I would do a search on YT and the net and you will hear of people who have gotten relief. People who have had any type of head trauma have a greater chance of their atlas and axis being out of adjustment. This is also implicated with TMJ. Both me and my wife were in car acidents, so there was no surprise our atlas was out.
You may also want to look into low dose naltrexone therapy, it has benefits for all kinds of autoimmune issues, and has helped some menieres patients, probably because it normalizes the endocrine system (like the thyroid) and other metabolic processes that can be affecting menieres.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Backed up lymphatic system. Get the kidneys filtering and this will go away.

burtlancast

Regina

@Astolfo I emailed Ray Peat about it a few years ago. His response is here:
Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
Havana Syndrome

Sefton10

Most recently I stopped adding salt to food and it has helped with dizziness. No change in tinnitus though.

Regina

@haidut @Sefton10
I was having symptoms of Meniere's as well: fullness in left ear (modulating between pain and fullness and reduction of hearing), vertigo, intermittent gnawing at stomach. Recently, I took some Lidocaine HCL powder orally. A few days ago, foot pain began. it has worsened and seems to be full blown Morton's Neuroma.

I saw this study with Lidocaine:

I imagine I would be diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis given all these symptoms and that I am woman in my 50's.

Woke up with excriciating pain and swelling in ball of left foot.
Took:
100 mg minocycliine
3 aspirins
8 drops pansterone
10 drops magnoil on left calf
1 drop tyronene
8 drops estroban
25 drops energin

The acute pain has subsided, but the metatarsal neuroma seems highly likely.

i wonder if I should also try the oral (matchhead amount) lidocaine pwder again.

Sefton10

@haidut @Sefton10
I was having symptoms of Meniere's as well: fullness in left ear (modulating between pain and fullness and reduction of hearing), vertigo, intermittent gnawing at stomach. Recently, I took some Lidocaine HCL powder orally. A few days ago, foot pain began. it has worsened and seems to be full blown Morton's Neuroma.

I saw this study with Lidocaine:

I imagine I would be diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis given all these symptoms and that I am woman in my 50's.

Woke up with excriciating pain and swelling in ball of left foot.
Took:
100 mg minocycliine
3 aspirins
8 drops pansterone
10 drops magnoil on left calf
1 drop tyronene
8 drops estroban
25 drops energin

The acute pain has subsided, but the metatarsal neuroma seems highly likely.

i wonder if I should also try the oral (matchhead amount) lidocaine pwder again.
Sorry to hear you’re in the wars, Regina.

I explored lidocaine but just couldn’t get a decent source in the UK.

I did a thyroid panel a couple of weeks ago which showed low Vit D, high TSH and raised thyroid antibodies. Since then I’ve been taking 10k IU of Vit D a day and 1 capsule of Forefront Health’s raw dessicated thyroid. My symptoms have gradually been improving and today was the best I’ve felt in a couple of years. Sinus much clearer, tinnitus lessened and I can even hear a little out of my left ear. No dizziness at all.

I don’t want to speak too soon but I’m hoping this trajectory continues. Ray told me all along he didn’t think Ménière’s was anything but inflammation and it could be reversed. I should have done a blood test much sooner. It might be worth checking yours if you haven’t already?

Regina

Sorry to hear you’re in the wars, Regina.

I explored lidocaine but just couldn’t get a decent source in the UK.

I did a thyroid panel a couple of weeks ago which showed low Vit D, high TSH and raised thyroid antibodies. Since then I’ve been taking 10k IU of Vit D a day and 1 capsule of Forefront Health’s raw dessicated thyroid. My symptoms have gradually been improving and today was the best I’ve felt in a couple of years. Sinus much clearer, tinnitus lessened and I can even hear a little out of my left ear. No dizziness at all.

I don’t want to speak too soon but I’m hoping this trajectory continues. Ray told me all along he didn’t think Ménière’s was anything but inflammation and it could be reversed. I should have done a blood test much sooner. It might be worth checking yours if you haven’t already?

Thanks for your response.
I haven't been to a doctor in a few years. But the thyroid panel I had then said 1.75 TSH and 55 vitamin D. And 5.8 prolactin.
Maybe it's time to check again though.

I take the "named" disease diagnoses with a grain of salt. But I think I would be suspected of having MS.

The concoction I took this morning is still very effective at halting acute pain. The pain has reduced down to more focused between 3rd and 4th metatarsal.

My symptoms started last August. The chemtrails are just ridiculous every day. I wouldn't bring it up if there was not other evidence.
I visited the Cape Canaveral Seashore around then. Virtually every native palm tree (sabals and cabbage palms--normally extremely hardy) was brown/gray and slumped over. I haven't seen a single snake in my garden in two years. No black racers which used to zoom through the whole garden all year. I'm seeing maybe 1/1000th number of dolphins. Even my super hardy bamboo is struggling.

Anyway, the lidocaine study perked my interest. I would like to know if anyone can comment on it.

I will say that when I did do the matchhead amount of lidocaine powder, it felt like a quaalude. Sudden intense calm. I slept for 11 hours with no interuption.

I'm glad to learn of your continued progress.

Regina

Your reminder that Meniere's is inflammation led me to re-read Dr. Peat's MS articles.

So, even if I am being poisoned by chemtrails/environment/aging/sea level,....
"But, in reality, the mere concentration of glucose and sodium in the blood (and of thyroid, and many other substances that aren't considered to be part of the immune system) can make a tremendous difference in the degree of "immunological" reaction."
and
"Animals that lack the unsaturated fatty acids have a higher metabolic rate and ability to use glucose, converting it to CO2 more readily, have a greater resistance to toxins (Harris, et al., 1990; even cobra venom: Morganroth, et al., 1989), including endotoxin....."

Sefton10

But, in reality, the mere concentration of glucose and sodium in the blood (and of thyroid, and many other substances that aren't considered to be part of the immune system) can make a tremendous difference in the degree of "immunological" reaction."
And the typical/standard Ménière’s recommendation is a low carb and low salt diet!

Thanks for your response.
I haven't been to a doctor in a few years. But the thyroid panel I had then said 1.75 TSH and 55 vitamin D. And 5.8 prolactin.
Maybe it's time to check again though.

I take the "named" disease diagnoses with a grain of salt. But I think I would be suspected of having MS.

The concoction I took this morning is still very effective at halting acute pain. The pain has reduced down to more focused between 3rd and 4th metatarsal.

My symptoms started last August. The chemtrails are just ridiculous every day. I wouldn't bring it up if there was not other evidence.
I visited the Cape Canaveral Seashore around then. Virtually every native palm tree (sabals and cabbage palms--normally extremely hardy) was brown/gray and slumped over. I haven't seen a single snake in my garden in two years. No black racers which used to zoom through the whole garden all year. I'm seeing maybe 1/1000th number of dolphins. Even my super hardy bamboo is struggling.

Anyway, the lidocaine study perked my interest. I would like to know if anyone can comment on it.

I will say that when I did do the matchhead amount of lidocaine powder, it felt like a quaalude. Sudden intense calm. I slept for 11 hours with no interuption.

I'm glad to learn of your continued progress.

I can't recommend high CO2 lifestyle enough. It has cured people from MS symptoms that I've seen. Bag breathing, using the Frolov device in a jug with a dishrag on top, exercising while building up air hunger, thiamine HCl, baking soda, all can be part of the solution.

theonlyway

I’ve been exploring thiamine for vestibular and neuro stuff. Have you ever tried high dose thiamine with b complex? Also found this on the salt recommendations with menieres.

473DCE66-4271-4726-9852-F6520F00F844.png

Regina

I can't recommend high CO2 lifestyle enough. It has cured people from MS symptoms that I've seen. Bag breathing, using the Frolov device in a jug with a dishrag on top, exercising while building up air hunger, thiamine HCl, baking soda, all can be part of the solution.
Thanks hamster! Those are great suggestions.

Regina

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals