• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Vitamin E: Tocotrienols are better than tocopherols

J

j.

According to Ray Peat articles, Vitamin E in the form of tocopherols is betten than tocotrienols.

This article cites some studies to support the opposite view.

burtlancast

Gabriel said:
A couple of days ago, I started a discussion about this topic over at peatarian, maybe it's worth a read for you:

http://peatarian.com/?qa=11557/vitamin- ... r-thoughts

I can cite many randomized clinical trials claiming lowered cholesterol prevents heart disease. .
It's a lie.

If you have a real interest in Vit E, you need to do your homework and read the work of the original researchers on Vit E; the Shute brothers.

J

j.

burtlancast said:
If you have a real interest in Vit E, you need to do your homework and read the work of the original researchers on Vit E; the Shute brothers.

I hope they're available online.

Attachments

• 2015-09-10 18.46.53.jpg
    2015-09-10 18.46.53.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 67

burtlancast

nope
But they cost just a few bucks on abebooks

Gabriel

Thanks for the remark burtlancast. There are several books which one do you recommend?

I have to disagree with your statement about medical research. Yes, there is a lot of bias introduced when interpreting (i.e. discussion of papers, meta-analyses) and distributing the data (i.e. news articles; what is published and reported and what not). But the data in its raw form stays the data. Actual fabrication of results is a very rare thing. Hence, I think it would be unwise to ignore medical research results as a whole. Careful and critical review can lead to valuable conclusions. This is exactly what RP is doing.