Vitamin E: Tocotrienols are better than tocopherols

J

j.

According to Ray Peat articles, Vitamin E in the form of tocopherols is betten than tocotrienols.

This article cites some studies to support the opposite view.

burtlancast

Gabriel said:
A couple of days ago, I started a discussion about this topic over at peatarian, maybe it's worth a read for you:

http://peatarian.com/?qa=11557/vitamin- ... r-thoughts

I can cite many randomized clinical trials claiming lowered cholesterol prevents heart disease. .
It's a lie.

If you have a real interest in Vit E, you need to do your homework and read the work of the original researchers on Vit E; the Shute brothers.

OP
J

j.

burtlancast said:
If you have a real interest in Vit E, you need to do your homework and read the work of the original researchers on Vit E; the Shute brothers.

I hope they're available online.

Attachments

• 2015-09-10 18.46.53.jpg
    2015-09-10 18.46.53.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 73

burtlancast

nope
But they cost just a few bucks on abebooks

Gabriel

Thanks for the remark burtlancast. There are several books which one do you recommend?

I have to disagree with your statement about medical research. Yes, there is a lot of bias introduced when interpreting (i.e. discussion of papers, meta-analyses) and distributing the data (i.e. news articles; what is published and reported and what not). But the data in its raw form stays the data. Actual fabrication of results is a very rare thing. Hence, I think it would be unwise to ignore medical research results as a whole. Careful and critical review can lead to valuable conclusions. This is exactly what RP is doing.