Vitamin C And Aspirin Gastric Tolerability

Jib

Effects of buffered and plain acetylsalicylic acid formulations with and without ascorbic acid on gastric mucosa in healthy subjects

Error - Cookies Turned Off

"The trial confirms that buffering of acetylsalicylic acid improves local gastric tolerability. Acetylsalicylic acid in combination with ascorbic acid shows significantly fewer gastric lesions and the lowest increase in gastric microbleeding compared with the other tested formulations."

------------------------------

According to this site:

BAYER ASPIRIN PLUS C

It appears there's 400mg ASA and 250mg ascorbic acid in Bayer Plus C. They're effervescent tablets with the same ingredients as Alka Seltzer so it appears it's simply Alka Seltzer with added vitamin C. It doesn't appear to be sold in the US.

I've added sodium ascorbate to my aspirin formulation as a result (in addition to baking soda and glycine).

I have noticed a difference now that I take ascorbic acid and aspirin in OJ, with baking soda.

Consuming Baking soda and carbonate type of foodstuff at the same time as **** is changing Aspirin and degrades it to salicylic Acid,but cant remember the source for that.

Kunstruct

The things is that for me Vitamin C even in low doses of 1gram cause gut issues, not stomach issues. I get not pain in the stomach or high acid.
I get distress in the gut and even loose stool. This is what I want to know how to avoid with Vitamin C.

Frankdee20

The things is that for me Vitamin C even in low doses of 1gram cause gut issues, not stomach issues. I get not pain in the stomach or high acid.
I get distress in the gut and even loose stool. This is what I want to know how to avoid with Vitamin C.
Taking the plain Ascorbic Acid with Aspirin only makes the heartburn slash ulcer feeling worse, as Aspirin is an acid. I take sodium ascorbate with this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals