Vasectomy - Any Thoughts?

Fexxx

Hey Guys,

I already have enough Kids :): and my Wife doesn’t want to take any Birth Control Pills anymore. So what to do... Are there any real longterm downsides with Vasectomy?

Peater

I remember reading that couples are more likely to split up if a man has the snip. I have seen this confirmed (Sadly) in real like, but that is only an "N = 1"

Why do it though, really? In a "natural setting" (not that I'm implying everything "natural" is good) there's no specific need or benefit for it overall, as it's like a mechanical alteration to depress a physiological normality. As some know the whole mainstream agenda that's been going is to make people feel guilty of their choices, instincts, possible downsides, risks they take or etc. because they aren't "woke" on the "benefits" of what serves to appease the correct approach that is expected sociologically, i.e. the "right diet" or "right approach" in social, political, news, law and any sense of order. Women/people have been using formulas for babies, but their nipples aren't "tied" to stop the unwanted milk as far as I know (although I am aware that this isn't quite the same thing, but it's just an idea that came to mind as an example).

The modern day "benefits" really often are just drawbacks or needless/neutral tactics at best. "Prevention" is a powerful and seemingly illicit campaign/word pushed by authorities possibly these days -- the notion that you must "fear" or "take heed" in everything you do as if your own instinct or such cannot determine for you what is right, wrong or in-between. Longer ago it started with simple seat belts in cars which seemed sensible to some degree, but already has made its way to mask mandates and lockdowns/stay at home orders in the name of "prevention." Eventually we become so scared, cautious or heedful that anything can go wrong or less than perfectly desired that we prevent ourselves from actually living & being free in a sense (and of course corruption & ill-health is involved). It isn't that new solutions aren't better or more convenient than when they didn't exist, but more so that some "solutions" really aren't even that beneficial overall to really always be seen as an exact "solution" depending on what you personally may view as a problem in the first place. Some may say that this is a problem because then you might "accidentally have another kid" or something. Well, I might actually get hit by a car and die/get severely injured if I go outside today, but I also don't wish to go out in public with grafted body armor/shielding on me "because."

For example, when I don't want to lift heavy weights or follow strenuous workout programs anymore I don't catabolize my muscles directly, even though I don't plan on using them the same way I once did. Just because I don't expect something to be used for a specific purpose doesn't mean I care or desire to rid myself of its function. Think also like cancer treatments -- they aim to "remove the cancer" but never rarely consider why it was there in the first place. Not to say I know of how the pros/cons line up in every way, but it's "one of those things" that doesn't immediately sound like any physiological plus to me. If you aren't adding to something then at the best you're not hurting yourself but I can't really see it being "good" as opposed to just a form of mechanical blocking of something you'd like to avoid out of a fear, anxiety or etc.

Last edited:

Atman

Why would you permanently mutilate/sterilize yourself? I can't understand this, you never know what might happen. There could be a very unlikely scenario in which you would want to have children again and then you don't have the option anymore. I know it shouldn't affect your sex drive, but just the thought that I am impotent would cause psychological stress for me.
Just keep track of your wife's cycle if you dislike condoms.

Teres

Don't you think you are as complaisant as nobody should be? Your wife does not want to take pills, so you have to mutilate yourself? I understand there may be health concerns on her side, but that does not mean you should gamble with yours. Also, that's a measure on your side which will certainly have negative inpact on her perception of you in the long run, doesn't matter what she says now. Find some middle ground. Good condoms, good pull out game. Excuse me, I couldn't hold it back.

Peater is spot on, and I believe he is quite frugal in his use of words.

J

james2388

Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome is the stuff of horrors. Also yes you need to look into the submission/castration mentality of it. You're wife my presume more dominance over you afterwards, knowing that you are sterile and you won't have any real options afterwards.
Don't do it.
Other than that if condoms aren't for you, maybe you have not found the right ones.
Or you can say goodbye to sex. Pretty much.

boris

Thx but Condoms are not an Option for me.

Ray Peat: "[progesterone] "if used before intercourse, it prevents conception, and thus is a true contraceptive, while estrogen is an abortafacient, not a contraceptive.
Many women use it vaginally, spread onto a diaphragm, to hold it in contact with the membranes."
I saw that you mentioned progesterone as an effective contraceptive. Dr. Katherina Dalton talks about 100-200 mg progesterone used from day 8 of the woman's cycle up to the beginning of menstruation with a 2.5% failure rate. You mention applying progesterone on a diaphragm; what do you think is an effective method, and how much Progest-E should be used in your opinion?

"The people I knew used a 10% solution of progesterone in vitamin E (Progest-E Complex) on a plastic diaphragm at the time of intercourse, leaving it in for a day or two. The diaphragm was coated on both sides, so there was probably about 400 or 500 mg of progesterone."

milk_lover

stupid thing if you do it. The women famously act mean toward men who sterilized themselves intentionally. I am sorry you are in this situation. As people have mentioned here, have intercourse when your woman is not in her fertile days and of course don't come inside. I wouldn't gamble with my penis if i were you.

@Fexxx
Don't do it, bad idea IMO. The end result of sex also needn't depend on penetration.

OP
F

Fexxx

Hey Guys - thx a lot for this overhelming and clear Feedback!
I haven‘t seen it that drastically. My Wife also don’t want more kids. we are in a very happy (sexual) relationship so I thought this surgery could be the best way to give us some freedom without this still insecure cycle& temperatures checks ect. So sure surgery would be a tradeoff, same as birthcontrol pills for my wife or Russian Roulette Methods.

Maljam

Hey Guys - thx a lot for this overhelming and clear Feedback!
I haven‘t seen it that drastically. My Wife also don’t want more kids. we are in a very happy (sexual) relationship so I thought this surgery could be the best way to give us some freedom without this still insecure cycle& temperatures checks ect. So sure surgery would be a tradeoff, same as birthcontrol pills for my wife or Russian Roulette Methods.

Is the condom issue something like a latex allergy, or just a preference thing?

OP
F

Fexxx

@Maljam

More a preference and psychological thing. Having „a thing between“ me and the woman kills my libido.

Maljam

@Maljam

More a preference and psychological thing. Having „a thing between“ me and the woman kills my libido.

I agree it isn't the same, but unfortunately every hormonal avenue available to us at the moment (for both males and females) causes serious health effects.

Maljam

Except progesterone.

I ignored progesterone because the problem with that is trying to convince your partner to spread it onto a diaphragm and put it into herself and then still want to have sex with you :tearsofjoy:

I think if a female is looking for the answer it might be different, but it will sound crazy to most women that are familiar with the mainstream means of contraception.

catan

My fiance had a vasectomy after the birth of our fourth child. I had been keeping track of cycles and the pull out method failed. Admittedly we could have done better preventing, but anyway, we definitely do not want any more children.

For myself, birthing and nursing three children has taken a lot out of me, and at my age I do not want to do it again.

I had bad experience with hormonal birth control and did refuse to them, preferring to track my cycles to prevent.

My fiancé wasn’t exactly keen on another baby so he took initiative to get the vasectomy. It does give psychological freedom to remove that risk of pregnancy and that does enhance the sexual relationship.

I have asked him repeatedly to consider what if he wanted more children later as some men do, and he’s adamant he’s done. For me I’m grateful he had the procedure so I no longer have to worry.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals