Has Anyone Resolved Their Blood Pressure Issues?

nad

Just read this in news: a new study reveals possible connection between BP meds. and worse case of Covid-19.
Dr Gregory Mishkel a NorthShore University HealthSystem cardiologist -
It's ACE-2 inhibitors!!
I'm on olmesertan for HBP.

Just read this in news: a new study reveals possible connection between BP meds. and worse case of Covid-19.
Dr Gregory Mishkel a NorthShore University HealthSystem cardiologist -
It's ACE-2 inhibitors!!
I'm on olmesertan for HBP.

If you are concerned enough,maybe we should,
it is an situation in development,but one
study (statistic counting of the drugs used on affected)deemed the use of
Calcium-Channel Blockers as safe or unaffected by Coronavirus-Disease-19.
One of my earlier posts contains the study or a snapshot of this mentioning.

nad

If you are concerned enough,maybe we should,
it is an situation in development,but one
study (statistic counting of the drugs used on affected)deemed the use of
Calcium-Channel Blockers as safe or unaffected by Coronavirus-Disease-19.
One of my earlier posts contains the study or a snapshot of this mentioning.
Did you see staff like this Safety of ACEIs and ARBs in Patients With COVID-19—What Is the Evidence? and lots of references below.
Now ARBs not safe also?

nad

How high is your pressure unmedicated/medicated?
A chance to wean off?Until the Virus vanishes?
They are not sure also,it seems.
thanks,
oh, my BP is veeeery fany, it can be 210/110 vs 110/90 by itself within a minutes.
I had beta blocker before but when my dr. suggest Olmesertan to try I was happy because I could be protected like Ray said. What for protection and treat now?
Edit: cal. chan. blockers not for me

thanks,
oh, my BP is veeeery fany, it can be 210/110 vs 110/90 by itself within a minutes.
I had beta blocker before but when my dr. suggest Olmesertan to try I was happy because I could be protected like Ray said. What for protection and treat now?
Edit: cal. chan. blockers not for me

What is your bloodpressure at rest or after awakening?
Do you get symptoms from it?

nad

What is your bloodpressure at rest or after awakening?
Do you get symptoms from it?
Yes I feel it - diff. symptoms, mostly cold, extremely cold legs, burning red face, headache, anxiety, heart issue, etc.
Sometimes eating and hot foot bath help along w/med.
Always unstable and different.
About 160/99 in the morning week or two, then dropping to 130-140/95 for few days or weeks, then back again etc.
Later in the day may drop, may rise even higher. Beta blockers help w/it own side effects - low pulse, sometimes anxiety, insomnia etc. no energy.
Now on 20 mg Olmesartan 110/95 at morning ( feeling very weak), 120-130/90 in the evening. Pulse around 100, very weak beating, still heart issues. No energy at all.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, mine went down by losing weight but that might not apply to everyone.

nad

@nad

Science behind olmesartan (Benicar) (MPKB)

In counterpart, Olmesartan could activate the VDR which could bring benefits regarding the immune system.

I don't suggest that you don't stop or that should you stop, but it's definitely a thing to consider.
:banghead: yes, I know! Many things to consider I try to figure out all the way long since menopause start, and it's 15 years now, but looks like it's still a lotery. To many things need to be put together, non stop stress all my life not help definitely :)
And I only 10 days on Olmesartan for now.
Thank you, LLight
Yes, mine went down by losing weight but that might not apply to everyone.
Thanks for replay Blossom, yes I'm 'over', since'' peating'' got even more, too much damage was probably done by 60 years eating PuFA a lot. And stress

OP
M

mrdannyg3

Still a bit high. I think through increased exercise and daily k2 supplementation (2mg) it has reduced to a steady 130/90

yerrag

Just monitor for now to see if it gets worse. 140/90 is nothing.

I haven't died yet. My bp is 200/125 for a year now. It was better at 120/80 last year.

It will get better for me. For you, it will take a while to get to my levels. So don't worry. But find out why and once you know it, it will be easier to fix.
180/120 I mean

hearsay

The one norm I've found for lowering my BP was just to lose weight and not be suck a fat f*ck. For immediate lowering effects, beetroot powder works wonders and magnesium (bicarb for me) like said by others here. I don't think these solve the chronic issue though.

OP
M

mrdannyg3

Did you try potassium?
Hm I forgot about that. I eat a crap ton of bananas, like 3 a day in my shakes, in addition to the rest of the Peaty foods. Would that suffice or we talking supplementation here?

Motif

Hm I forgot about that. I eat a crap ton of bananas, like 3 a day in my shakes, in addition to the rest of the Peaty foods. Would that suffice or we talking supplementation here?

I just can speak for me and potassium supplements helped great for calming down. I need to start it again.
And i was reading a lot that it lowered blood pressure.
If you try try bicarbonate or gluconate. Others are not tolerated well.

Motif

I just can speak for me and potassium supplements helped great for calming down. I need to start it again.
And i was reading a lot that it lowered blood pressure.
If you try try bicarbonate or gluconate. Others are not tolerated well.
I took 1 g daily with it

Jessie

First and foremost, I would like to point out that infamous "120/80" is an industry standard, there's no proof that this is the perfect blood pressure for optimal health. It's used as a line in the sand to prescribe pharmaceutical drugs to people. In fact, a couple of years ago I read a article about them considering raising the standard to 140/90, which would put you in the "optimal" range.

Blood pressure is like a symphony, taking just one isolated measurement provides almost no context. I have seen where a minority of really informed doctors are starting to measure their patients BP with a machine that monitors the pressure for over a 24 hr period and taking the average from that. This is a far more accurate way to actually take someone's blood pressure.

Things that can lower high BP are coconut water, magnesium, calcium, adrenaline antagonists (androsterone, taurine, clonidine, inosine), K2, cypro, vitamin D3, emodin, and vitamin B6. Balancing your aldosterone can also lower BP by causing you to retain more magnesium and potassium, so there's also a mechanism by which extra salt could correct BP.

yerrag

Since it worked for you, could it be that the potassium improved glucose uptake and helped improve glucose metabolism? Improved glucose metabolism could lead to higher CO2 production. Since CO2 dilates blood vessels, that could be the reason it lowered blood pressure.

But how do you test for CO2? It's hard unless you have a capnometer. But I manage by just taking my urine pH with a urine pH test strip.

If my sugar metabolism is optimal, I likely will have a urine pH that reflects optimal acid-base balance in blood/ecf. At that condition, I have plenty of CO2 in my blood. And with plenty of CO2, my blood vessels will be more relaxed, or dilated, and this condition will be manifested by lower blood pressure.

This is why Buteyko is helpful in lowering blood pressure, because it causes more CO2 to be retained.

And this is why some people use Resperate to lower blood pressure. It trains them to lower the rate of breathing, so that more CO2 can be retained. With more CO2 retained, the blood vessels can be more dilated.

But I prefer just improving my blood sugar metabolism and blood sugar regulation, by a food lifestyle change, as it's the easier way to go about it.

Of course, this solution applies only to people who's high blood pressure is caused by low CO2. There are however many other causes for high blood pressure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals