Female Body On Birth Control

hiconscience

Hey all so everything on here puts down estrogen, but for me I feel like maybe I looked better on Birth Control and I question if maybe what I find attractive males dont. it made me thin, maybe too thin. but I thought estrogen made you fat? I am def thicker now. not fat by any means but thicker. maybe guys are more attracted to thicker and thats why birth control females are considered unattractive? I def get more attention now. Hormones are weird!

random.jpg

lampofred

I think the main thing estrogen does is to reduce balance in the body. It can either overstimulate the adrenals and make you too thin or slow down the metabolism and make you put on excess weight. Progesterone at a fundamental level increases balance in the body and attractiveness is mainly about balance, so regardless of whether lowering estrogen + raising progesterone makes you lose weight or gain weight, it's going to end up increasing attractiveness.

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

hmmm thats a really interesting way to put it. I appreciate it, thank you!

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

and you are so right in that it has def put my mind into more balance. I was pretty crazy girl on birth control to be honest.

Runenight201

Did you notice a vocal tone change in between birth control and no birth control? A former user here did an interesting breakdown on how what men find attractive varies based on their hormonal state. Higher estrogen men are more attracted to thicker body shapes and more dominant females, where as lower estrogen men are attracted to the opposite. There’s bound to be floors and ceilings on both sides of the spectrums.

There’s an interesting discussion on our perception of beauty vs what the opposite sex actually values. I think our self-perception of beauty is highly influenced by social norms, influencing hair style, clothing style, body goals, etc... but there’s universal, intrinsic beauty that goes beyond what society may deem beautiful. No matter the societal pressures, a healthy individual will exude beauty, mainly due to healthy bodily tissues, fat distribution, muscle tone, behaviors, and mental/emotional states.

gaze

The main problem with estrogen in contraceptive pills is that looks aside it negatively impacts blood clotting, can raise the risk of infertility, increase risk of breast cancer. I think short term it’s possible it could on its own increase progesterone in women but with age progesterone decreases and estrogen increases, so it’s really not beneficial as estrogen in contraceptives speeds up that process of replacement of good hormones with bad ones

Regina

With the risk of sounding too crude.... Previously, I attracted men who wanted to fill my gaps. Like a magnet type attraction.
Now, (with lower estrogen) men want to know me. Be around me. Yesterday, a proprietor said to me, "Can we keep you?" And then looked embarassed.
And stuttered, "I mean, how long will you be in town?"
Like, 'I don't want to do anything to you. I just want you here.'

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

this is all very interesting to me and I know it can be a touchy subject, but I am literally looking at it from a biological maybe even touching on psychological point of view. That was not in anyway crude :) I think that Ray Peat doesn't take into consideration the different kinds of estrogen... unless I have overlooked that. It seems to me Estradiol burns fat, increases oxidation therefore increases my thyroid. I was ALWAYS hot temperature-wise on birth control. Estriol is the estrogen made from fat, which women need for a healthy cycle. This has seemed to slow down my metabolic rate and increased anti-oxidation in my body. When it comes to the men I attract it hasn't noticeably changed (that I can think of) but I am going to keep an eye out for that now. I have noticed what I am attracted to has changed. When I was on birth control I was more attracted to baby- faced types. now that I am off it I love a beard on a man, and I tend to be more attracted to older larger guys. (I have never been into super muscular though). How these chemicals affect how we see things, how we feel, and what we are drawn to is fascinating.

Aymen

this is all very interesting to me and I know it can be a touchy subject, but I am literally looking at it from a biological maybe even touching on psychological point of view. That was not in anyway crude :) I think that Ray Peat doesn't take into consideration the different kinds of estrogen... unless I have overlooked that. It seems to me Estradiol burns fat, increases oxidation therefore increases my thyroid. I was ALWAYS hot temperature-wise on birth control. Estriol is the estrogen made from fat, which women need for a healthy cycle. This has seemed to slow down my metabolic rate and increased anti-oxidation in my body. When it comes to the men I attract it hasn't noticeably changed (that I can think of) but I am going to keep an eye out for that now. I have noticed what I am attracted to has changed. When I was on birth control I was more attracted to baby- faced types. now that I am off it I love a beard on a man, and I tend to be more attracted to older larger guys. (I have never been into super muscular though). How these chemicals affect how we see things, how we feel, and what we are drawn to is fascinating.
high estrogen will make you look more at feminine facial features of men and not attracted to the masculine ones, so maybe the birth control pill increased your estrogen that you made this kind of attraction, same thing happen to women in period when estrogen is higher too.

OP
hiconscience

hiconscience

actually I used it for around 8 years so you are incorrect in that assumption. Estrogen is actually lower during your period thats how you have a period your estrogen drops.

redred

my ex developed a big butt when she took birth control

not that I was complaining